View Single Post
Old 28-02-2008, 07:41 AM   #16
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

technically, meningitis is an inflammation of the layers that cover the brain (called meninges). meningacoccal (A, B, and C last time i checked) is the disease, or rather the pathogen which can cause meningitis among other things. just because you have had a meningacoccal vaccination does not mean you are immune from meningitis, cos other things can cause it. besides, from memory there is only a vaccine for one strain of meningacoccal.
in the mean time (i realise this is a bit late probably) GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!
chest pains need attention and investigation asap, while migranes that are not helped by pain relievers also need investigation pronto.
a resting heartrate of 94 either means you are really unfit if thats it normally(the acceptable heartrate range is 60-100, with really fit people at the lower end of the scale, less fit people on the upper) or have injested a stimulant of some type. however, if your pulse is normally 60-70 at rest, and its now in the nineties at rest, it probably really needs investigation.
let us know how it went
KT
ps - i am not a first aid officer for RYL. i just have an interest in these types of things as well as a few current nursing textbooks