View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Animad

Try putting some ice (with a damp towel between it and the ice)on it for 10mins every hour and keep a bandage on it. Check whether your insurance has run out. If it has then maybe wait a couple of days and see if it improves. If it hasn't then get it checked out ASAP at a hospital. In the meantime, if you're not getting it checked out straight away then take Ibuprofen (Motril/ Advil in the US)/ Paracetamol (Acetaminophen; Tylenol in the US) and that should help but definately keep it bandaged and as still as possible. Without seeing it and even Xraying it it is impossible to tell if it is broken. You might want to read the breaks/ fractures article.

I injured my arm almost 2 years ago. We were certain almost straight after when we looked at it that it was broken and it felt broken. Went to hospital and it turned out not to have a crack(well on the view of it they looked at) but I had done other damage that will now never heal so yeh, without getting it checked out you won't know.

And symptoms don't always mean anything. I know someone that went to her doctors because she was having only a slight bit of pain from her arm from an accident 2 weeks ago (it had mildly ached throughout the time and she ended up having Xrays and being told it was broken even though she could move it fine and there was very minimal swelling.

Last edited by Animad : 05-01-2009 at 09:12 AM.