View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post
I’m gonna ask something that you don’t have to answer at all if you don’t want to. And I apologise if it offends. But given that pretty much every single one of your threads is based on interactions with other people, are you autistic? It’s just that from what I’ve read it seems like you struggle with social cues. I’m also wondering if your reactions are not appropriate for some of the social situations you have described which is why people seem off with you.
No I am not autistic. The reason I may come off that way is because I once attended a hearing impaired school that didn't teach how to properly read and use social cues. I have gotten better at it. Like, if I am with someone and I can tell they no longer want me around or if they are annoyed with me, I can tell. In fact, I know some people who take longer to realize someone is annoyed or something else is wrong than it takes me. But in other cases like I described in this thread, it is harder for me to understand why people are the way they are towards me. Also as I mentioned in this thread, I used to be extremely naive. That is my fault, that probably is part of the problem. But I still feel like there is something else other than just me being naive at one point. I am not as naive as I used to be.