View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
whirlpools

When I was recovering from an ED weight-wise I found that a similar thing happened. I was just hungry all the time, it felt like I couldn't control it and I felt like crying so much because I was worried it would never stop. But that is what happens when your body has been in starvation for a long time - it gets scared that it will be deprived of food again and so it tries to eat as much as possible.

It does stop, though. For me it stopped once I was eating regularly and getting enough and proper nutrition every day, and my weight stabilised at the lower end of healthy. It sounds like your body is still in starvation mode and that's why you're craving the sugar in chocolate - you desperately need fuel.

I know it's so easy for me to say that you need to start reintroducing food groups and eating regularly without purging... Are you getting any help through an ED team or a dietician? It might be worth going to your GP to see what help is available. It sounds like you're working hard to try and get this under control yourself, but maybe you could also seek some support?

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote