View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:02 PM   #1115
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

I think that if you managed to voice your needs regarding a bit more support, the people in your team wouldn't be annoyed nor would they try to belittle it. I think they'd simply ask you why you feel that way and maybe that would be an opportunity to talk about some of the things that are bothering you or that you find hard to cope with. Sometimes just stating a small thing you need from the professionals is actually helpful to them. It might help to point them in the right direction.

Sometimes we forget that everything is obvious only to ourselves and not neccessarily everyone else. And you may feel that you should not ask anything more of them because you don't really need anything more but that is just a lie your thoughts are feeding you. The mental health system was created because of people like us and FOR people like us. They are there to help you, to listen to you and to guide you. You are their priority and helping you is their job. And nothing you can say to them will ever be too much. You have a right to speak about what you need. To set the pace and to voice every little thing that may concern you. And if you need to talk about the same things over and over, so what???? Because every time you do, something new might come up. And it's okay.

It may seem like a victory that you don't harm yourself but when the thoughts about it are still so distressing and when the cravings are still as bad as they used to be then this is a very valid problem that you simply need to make them aware of. Things like this tend to fester. To build up to a point of total meltdown. From your posts it's clear you used to harm yourself severely and i'd be worried that the thoughts and the distress could make you snap and give in. I'd hate to see that happen. I just wanted to point out that even if you abstain from causing yourself physical harm, your distress and your feelings and thoughts are still real and it would be more than okay to voice this to the professionals in your life and ask them for some specific advice on how to cope with this.

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote