View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
bitomato

I am currently:

Hi,
I think it depends on how the scars make you feel. If it is a part of your life that you want to not have "reminders" of then maybe scar removal is an option to explore. If having scars also prevents you from engaging in activities that you otherwise enjoy- like swimming- or wearing certain clothes, then you at least can look at the options available to you. Like someone said- it may not be possible for some people because of their skin type/ severity/ location. So then you look at the options of clothing and make up.

I guess if you still SH aka slip up- I don't know if it is right to be too severe and just to use fading cremes for now and good hygiene practices to avoid infection etc.

I only have one severe scar and it did impact other people's perception- I got alot of questions asked because I didn't cover up. Now I accept that it is going to show- it has somewhat faded with time- and it is a part of me.

I think a visit to your doctor/ a dermatologist and/or utilising products recommended by them will be the best option.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote