Thread: Worrying
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

If I thought both person A and person B were doing a certain thing wrong, I would avoid mentioning what person A was doing wrong in front of person B, if that makes sense? So, if they thought you were also making the same mistake, they wouldn't tell you about the other person making that mistake, as it would feel a bit awkward. So the fact that they're mentioning it in front of you suggests that you're doing it right.

If they thought you were doing something wrong then they would speak to you about it directly and help you to improve it. And the fact that they're not doing so, suggests again that you're doing it right.

And even if you were making some mistake or other, that wouldn't be the end of the world and wouldn't be anything to feel bad about- everyone makes mistakes!

It really does sound like you're a very good and conscientious worker. It's good to be a tiny bit worried about making mistakes, as it helps you focus on doing a great job, but it sounds like you're worrying an awful lot more than that! Would it help to just repeat the logical things you know (i.e. you're not getting any complaints, you're doing a great job, if there was a problem they'd tell you) when the worrying gets out of hand?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote