RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   STOP. Do this NOW! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191509)

Pi.R^2 16-07-2012 03:45 PM

STOP. Do this NOW!

I hope that got your attention. Because everyone can do this, regardless of if you've had an amazing day or the worst day ever.
Please take part in my* amazing idea by writing two good things that you've done/that have happened today. However small or big, there's always at least two things to be thankful for in a day. Whilst life is indeed terribly woeful and unfair, it's important to take a moment to be grateful for the good things that we do have :)

I've put this in GSA instead of GC, so you know, it's legit to mention mentals, but let's keep it light folks!

e.g.

-Today I procured a tasty yet utterly bizarre frog cake, and there was some tip-top** butter icing in the middle. YUM.

-I also got to help my best friend move out of the crisis house, and she is making me dinner and there is After Eight cheesecake for desert =D

GO GO GO FOLKS!

*that's a blatant lie, it was Jodie's idea
**use of bizarre writing style encouraged but not imperative

makedamnsure 16-07-2012 04:26 PM

I got myself a lush bath bubble bar thing and am planning to destress later by having a nice warm bath with it (it is called the "comforter" and I need comforting!) this is because I've been very stressed and tired at Uni at the moment and decided to try to care for myself in a nice way this evening. So buying the bubble bath was a good thing.

The other good thing was that my supervisor asked to see me which made me really panic but she was helpful and has sorted out my results for me to make them look good on my report. So even though it was scary it turned out to be good.

The Stolen One 16-07-2012 05:04 PM

Hah, love it.

I ate an AMAZING chicken salad for lunch, you should all be very jealous of this.

I spoke calmly to my uni tutor who made things seem not so awful :]

MunchBox 16-07-2012 05:06 PM

Love this, whoever's idea it was :p

I finally got the courage to open my Uni e-mails and received some considerably good news.

I spent time with a marvelous individual, instead of cancelling to do frack all.

offlineforever 16-07-2012 05:17 PM

I managed to get my point across to the people at the dentist who cancelled my contract and sent me a rather rude and factually incorrect letter. When they apologised and offered to put me back on the contract I told them thanks but this was the last straw after years of issues with them. They are giving me back half my money!

Secondly I got a letter from Linda, a child I sponsor, and it is the first time she wrote to me herself

The War Doctor 16-07-2012 05:22 PM

I finally got my hair cut, and I've managed to keep my smoking to a minimum. So far.

shadow-light 16-07-2012 05:25 PM

two things, ok:

1. the summer school I am meant to be working at contacted me with the offer of paying for my transport AND accommodation for the 2 weeks. Not sure if I can do it yet, complicated stuff, but it's nice to know that they think I am good enough to be offered that

and I shall return later with a second

Pomegranate 16-07-2012 05:36 PM

Cool thread :-)

1) I sorted out and filed (well, kind of) my paperwork like a real grown up person and found some stuff I needed.

2) I received an absolutely splendid card and stuffed antelope toy in the post this morning and it made me smile.

Edit: What is this marvellous After Eight thing? I want! Can it be purchased from the likes of Sainsburys or does one have to make it at home?

Foxtrot Oscar 16-07-2012 05:55 PM

I completed my LEGO Minifigures Series 7 collection by finding the last three figures I needed.

I've just made a batch of flapjack for my sister-in-law.

high.hopes 16-07-2012 06:36 PM

1. I'm pregnant.
2. I've drank lots of water today (instead of tonnes of coffee).

Petrichor 16-07-2012 06:49 PM

Brilliant thread! Was thinking a thread like this would be cool ^^

[Luna] 16-07-2012 06:55 PM

1. My camera has come back to life
2. My hair is clean :)

Rodolphus 16-07-2012 07:18 PM

1) My friend and I had a tea party and raised almost £300 for charity.
2) I think my outfit it really cute today.

:)

Ballerina123 16-07-2012 08:08 PM

This is really hard for me today but here goes

1) I had some caramel chocolate and it was lovely
2) my bfs sister was in as accident and she got move out of ICU today which is great news.

[Awakening] 16-07-2012 08:15 PM

1) I found out I haven't jeopardised my degree and I don't need to panic about failing at first attempt :-D

2) Bumped into one of the only decent friends I've had for a while at uni today and am meeting her for lunch tomorrow to catch up the last couple years :-D

Stellata 16-07-2012 09:10 PM

- This morning's therapy session really helped me feel more *myself*, consequently I was pretty good at work again this afternoon. Hugely relieved about this as it reminds me again that The Grumps don't consume and destroy everything after all.

- I said 'hello' to my flatmate when I got in this evening. I know it's not a huge thing [unless you've read my thread in Serious in which I describe how much rage and hatred I've been feeling at her..] but I'm proud of myself for doing so.

Bellatrix 16-07-2012 10:05 PM

1) I got discharged from IP today :D

2) I cooked a nice meal.

3)(oh yes!!) I'm going to Ireland tomorrow - excited and feeling more positive about being 'out' without the support I've gotten used to. I think I can do it :)

Lilo 16-07-2012 10:16 PM

Good idea for a thread :)

1. After feeling depressed about having a job offer fall through I have applied for 7 more jobs today so am feeling more positive.

2. I have chatted online to a few old friends who I have missed talking to.

Nargles 16-07-2012 10:20 PM

Great idea for a thread :)

-I made plans today to meet up with my friend and her baby (my god-daughter) this week. I know that doesn't sound like a huge achievement, but I haven't seen them for ages due to being in crazy mode and not leaving the house for a while.

-My baby niece, who has been ill for the best part of a month, is improving and started eating properly again today :D

Pi.R^2 16-07-2012 10:27 PM

Lovely to see all the positivity! Well done folks!

Emma- THIS. Is after eight cheesecake.

Will be putting the recipe on my happy blog :)