RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

risenfromperdition 15-07-2011 09:18 PM

*hugs mark :)*
you two better skypeeeee me :P

Laura2.0 15-07-2011 09:19 PM

*hugs all*

*goes to hide in bed*

Doikers 15-07-2011 09:23 PM

*Hugs Heather* we'll try :)

*Hugs Laura* what's up hun?

*Hugs Oliver*

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 09:34 PM

*jumps on bed* I want to be a child again. Everything was so simple then. Maybe I could go about acting my shoe size.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 09:41 PM

I wish I could be a child too Lindsay, I often look at little kids and think how little they have to worry about yet, which I could go back to that.
I have one of the hardest decisions to make in less than a few months and I don't want to make it.

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 09:46 PM

Do you want to talk about it, Oliver?

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 09:49 PM

*hugs Mark* I hope they're helping.

*hugs Lindsay* I just blab about everything else instead of letting people know about that... it's not much better. Hmmmmmmmmm... to be 8.5 again... *throws pillows at everyone and runs*

*hugs Laura*

*hugs Heather*

*hugs Oliver* Which decision?

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 09:59 PM

I have to decide whether or not I'm going to go back to music college in sept or take another year out.
Basically I started my 3rd year last sept, but my mental health problems got really bad that I wasn't turning up for lectures or rehearsals and in the end I had a meeting with some staff and they said I either take the rest of the year out or continue and fail, so I had to take the rest of the year out, which everyone thought would help me and I would be back feeling better this sept. Unfortunatly I'm really not well, this last 3 weeks I have taken 4 overdoses and I'm hardly leaving the house. My GP spoke to me about it today and she said that she would deem me medically unfit to go back and she has tried to contact a psych I have seen to get her to assess me. The thing is I agree with them that I am medically unfit to go back, but and this is a massive, massive but my mum (plus a lot of other people including uni staff, friends, family) all expect me to go back and they think I am well enough.
This is the thing my loyalty to my mum is so great that I can not let her down by not going back, she is so happy I am going back (even agreeing to walk Kinder Scout in the peak district, which for her is a big thing with her MS) she is telling everyone I am going back and I do not want to let her down by failing her. She has done so much for me over the years and put up with a lot from me that I should at least try for her, but at the back of my mind I know I'm very unwell.
My GP is talking about me getting an assessment and them saying I am medically unfit and essentially taking it out of my hands, but even so I would still have to tell my mum.

really sorry that is so long and for some reason the hide button isnt working so I can't hide it, sorry guys.

*hugs all*

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 10:05 PM

Could you have your doc talk to her? Then you wouldn't have to and they could probably answer a good deal of questions she may have. Might be less stressful. *squishes*

Laura2.0 15-07-2011 10:26 PM

*hugs Lindsay*
*hugs Mark*
*hugs Oliver*
*hugs Crimson*

I'm ill. I hate being ill.

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 10:40 PM

*makes soup for ill wardies*

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 10:42 PM

*hugs Laura* sorry your ill, hope you feel better soon.

thanks Crimson for the idea, I hadn't thought of that, my GP is amazing and so nice that she would probably be ok talking to my mum, but I still don't want that to be the outcome *hugs*

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 11:16 PM

*hugs Oliver* you may not want that outcome but making yourself more stressed over it being a potential outcome won't help either. It is always good to have the option there if it comes down to it :)

Cazki 15-07-2011 11:19 PM

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Mark*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Mara*

*Hugs Crimson*

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 11:25 PM

*hugs Crimson* yes your right thanks. I'm going to try and not think about it until I have counselling on wednesday when we are going to talk about it.

*hugs Ian* how are you?

there are noisy drunk people in the flats next to me and upstairs, I don't like it

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 11:43 PM

*hugs Ian and Oliver*

Cazki 16-07-2011 12:15 AM

Iv been a bit fed up today, struggling to know what to do with myself.

frenchhorn 16-07-2011 12:59 AM

*hugs Ian*

Doikers 16-07-2011 10:08 AM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Louise*

*Hugs Ian*

one_step_closer 16-07-2011 12:08 PM

*hugs everyone*

I'm so afraid that my life is going to be difficult forever. I need out of here or I at least need to cut and overdose.