RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Im a crappy place (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255395)

yoyogirl 09-01-2019 07:21 PM

Im a crappy place

Hi All

I have landed myself back in a place i don't want to be in relation to uni and life. As you probbaly that i was at uni as temporary visitor as my ApEl to transfer was going, so I was attending lectures as if I was student but not enrolled fully. In otherwords, I couldn't access the books, use computera, the main wifi and internal system for downloading files. But i persisted until I was told the dreaded news in on Monday. Then on Tuesday, they changes their minds spoke to main senior department, got back to me asked me crap of questions that they should asked well before. Then got back to me with another three options

1. I can leave without any recussions and alll the work i have doesn't have any meaning and i can start from the beginning, reapply and go from there or juat leave and forget about the situation, that could have implications of regrets

2. I can leave with 45 credits (year 2) but i cannot apply for the second year and i cannot apply as first either and that could complicate where I want to go in the future because there is no that the guarantee modules will be correct.

3. I transfer the 60 credits, that I successfully moved from the OU to the Uni, but start from the beginning Year 1 and submit the year 2 assignments that are due in February, but I cannot leave for any reason and end up end up with no cash out awards.
implications student finance if i haven't got 2.5 years worth.

what the heck do i do?

I will call the student finance tomorrow if i can get through to them to speak about current position, and then depending on that outcome could also decide on the decisions

but then there's real worry about jobs and how I can make my job applications acceptable. I don't want to look like I have been on the dole and lazy bugger although i am not claiming as a jobseeker on UC
when I've mental health issues, plus issues with uni, fibromyalgia and dyspraxia. i feel that is genuine.

Iamcatbug 09-01-2019 07:46 PM

Sorry. I don’t understand. What’s happened?

yoyogirl 09-01-2019 08:15 PM

I was at uni from October and I started year two on the conditon that my credits from the Open University was transferred, so everything was going smoothly, until Monday, when they said that fianlly looked at m paper work and the modules do not match up with what has already been done and now i am left with three decisions above of what to do? it's heartbreaking, overhwelmimg and leaving me in conflicted no man's land...

Iamcatbug 09-01-2019 08:57 PM

I think it is wise to wait until you know the situation with student finance before making any decisions. Hope you can sort it soon.

yoyogirl 09-01-2019 11:59 PM

The hats the plan I am going to ring them tomorrow as tried today to ring them and I had lot of voicemail messages.

yoyogirl 11-01-2019 12:02 PM

Student finance is something that I although I want to find out what’s happening so now my place, it could be decision that could be that nail in the coffin and the only option I would have is option 1 and 2.
Option 2 although it has one option of staying until end January it could leave in the same rock and a hard place in the future and I would hate returning back to the OU. I left for a reason, to slow and too isolating and too many issues.
On the other hand, I could find another way in that allows me best of both worlds. Working and studying together,

yoyogirl 13-01-2019 10:46 PM

Okay so I have option is that I’m going with option three or semeed the best Orion as I was already stttled and there was was more perks than interned although it’s a huge gamble and takes shitload of courage. At least it gives me the topic that’s its secured and if I decided that the academic route is not for I am not committed and I have 9 months to formally get my self prepare.
I also have derby online and I can submit another application for uxas if I have too. I can also look for work a little bit if I want once I’m ready and when gomffomf gere

Iamcatbug 14-01-2019 01:50 AM

Sorry. I don’t understand again. What have you decided? Your going to start in year one this coming September?

yoyogirl 14-01-2019 10:42 PM

Yeas guaranteed but I’ve left one so if I get better options I am not committed and also if things don’t ahead with other stuff I automatically have that offers. There’s no having do another application.

yoyogirl 15-01-2019 11:20 AM

Anyway i have myself going through this messs by taking some time out from everyday life, which makes me entirely grateful.it will be all inside my house my safe place and even having my parents in the house can be like a crowd at times. They’ve truly accepted that this given circumstance somehow helping me. It seems logical even though it ain’t logical to other people. “Why don’t she make herself useful in society, sitting indoors is gonna feel worse, she’s a burden, she’s lazy.”

The real deal response is that I have things that I do that keep me productive, I ain’t watching flog it or some reality show and trying lift myself up a little bit at time. I canny force myself to go places, meet people when it all brings me dow, rejections constant reminders from the thing I have lost and those positive memories actually making me crap

When I am at home, I am not dwelling on things, runininating. Occasionally I think about it but then I remind myself that I have my game, Netflix, YouTube and that I will think about that when I am ready. At home I don’t sit and think I have no have friends at all, I think how I am relieved that they are gone one less problem to deal with.
They caused so they got phased out years ago.

yoyogirl 15-01-2019 11:46 AM

I will leave turning up to activities for people who want to shoot themselves in the foot

Iamcatbug 16-01-2019 10:25 AM

I’m glad that it is sorted out.

yoyogirl 01-05-2019 12:44 AM

Hey all
Sorry if I am not communicated much on this situation, I have lot on my mind, my fibromylagia has taken a bit of a bad turn at the moment and mental health side of things. I’m now starting to realise that I am off sick for reason and isn’t because depressed because I am “unemployed” it’s becuse of the fibromylagia and mental health side of things, thats just making every day life struggle.

I listened to a recorded lecture from Myrtle and Carlene a few days ago, it really bought back all of those great memories and funny ones too.., like when Myrtle pretended to be a “Essex teenager with cans of beer” with her rather posh Scottish lass voice in her late 60s and dumb things that Jessica used to say about research methods.. I used to come out of that place laughing �� I even found the photos the week before Christmas we took in lecture theatre and in pub on the last day, hell it reminded me of how tuned in my brain was and how awesome that I was able to concentrate with a little help green tea.

Hope Springs 08-05-2019 09:48 PM

I think the answer is inside you. Frustration or insecurity about your own judgement is just keeping you from accessing it. If you are a person of faith, I would suggest prayer and listening to the first answer that crosses your mind. If not, meditation. Sounds like you have several options. Divide them in twos. Flip a coin. Your immediate reaction, positive or negative, will tell you what you really want to do. I.E. If you assign an option to heads, and you get heads, but your immediate reaction is disappointment, that's not what you wanted. I'm not saying go by the coin, but your reaction to your outcome. It's frustrating, but you have your whole life ahead of you and you're fortunate enough to have the opportunity to get an education. I'd love to be in your shoes.

yoyogirl 10-05-2019 08:16 PM

I also think the answer is inside me but I really need some time to think about my options carefully and consider the pros and cons on each side and then make the final decision.