RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:03 PM

Haha, love it when the pharmacy know you lol.

Kitten is good. It’s nice to come home and be greeted with snuggles without having to humanise and interact. Going to have a home day tomorrow until CC comes round at 4. Need to work on my ‘vision board’ she set me as homework. It’s like a board with things you’d like to do and achieve etc on it.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:04 PM

We're both big fans so think we'd enjoy it. =)

I like it when my pharmacist spots me walk in and gets my prescription without me having to ask for it at the counter.

Did someone say kitten?!

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23431

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:07 PM

Not sure why it’s sideways lol. That’s him in my jumper pocket.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:09 PM

Love it when they're that small! So cute.

I was talking to my parents at the weekend about getting another cat and Mum told me it was a really bad idea. =(

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:10 PM

Oh no! Why did she think it was a bad idea? How many do you have at the moment?

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:12 PM

I only have one but he gets lonely and he did used to have companions but not any more... so I think he'd like the company. Plus I want a cute kitten.

I dunno, she didn't really give a reason. Originally I might have been moving and she thought it'd be easier to move with one cat rather than two... but I'm probaby staying put for a while now anyway. Just made me feel sad though, parents are meant to be supportive!

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:17 PM

I get that. Maybe ask her her reasons? If you’re moving it makes sense to wait, hard as that is but if you aren’t and he’s lonely then getting one seems a great idea. Plus it’s not like it’s much extra responsibility since you already have one.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:21 PM

Yeah I'm sure I could easily raise another cat. I'm lucky I can pop home at lunch times. But still, it's a big decision. I'll probably keep thinking about it for ages until I decide anything.

Aubergine 31-01-2018 11:22 PM

I'm sorry that she wasn't more supportive, Person. Another cat sounds nice. :) Especially if you aren't moving soon.

Six months until I can ask my landlord about a cat... She text me saying "thank you lovely" today, so you know, I think she might like me enough... :P

Your kitten is SO cute, Emma. <3 I can see why it'd be great company. She's very lucky to have you!

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:26 PM

I think cats are way less destructive than dogs so I don't see why your landlord wouldn't let you! Plus it sounds like you're in there already. ;-)

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:28 PM

Thanks Aubergine! Fingers crossed your landlord says yes!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 12:11 AM

Never even met the woman and she's calling me "lovely." Oh, she'd think I was even more of a delight if she ever saw me in person. :P

Thanks Emma. :)

It's getting late. Bed by 12am. Sleep for you guys at any point soon? Has anyone seen the moon?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:24 AM

No actually! I’ll have a look but it’s too cold to go out looking for it lol.

I’m tired but not feeling like sleeping just yet. Think it might be a late one. One of the few reasons I miss quitiapine lol.

What’s everyone upto tomorrow?

Aubergine 01-02-2018 12:30 AM

It is cold! I saw it when leaving my dad. Very big and very bright! :) Hope you can see it from a window. :)

I'm working. Then sleeping! Then on Friday it's my sister's birthday! Her age makes me feel old, as I remember helping to feed her. :P

How about you?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:42 AM

Awwww, I’m like that with my sister. There’s 13 years between us and she’s just got her first car (albeit a few months before she turns 17). Made me feel very old lol.

Tomorrow I will have a bed morning, then do some tidying and hoovering before CC comes round at 4. Kitchen is actually quite clean at the moment apart from washing up lol.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:42 AM

What hours do you work?

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:00 AM

I can imagine! I'm not sure where all of the years have gone!

That sounds good, especially the bed morning! I hope appointment with your CC goes well. Well done on the clean kitchen! Washing up is annoying.

I work 9am - 6pm, with a 60 minute lunch break (and additional breaks of up to 15 minutes if I need them). There's a thing in the hospital cafe tomorrow for Time to Talk day. According the the secret trust Facebook group, a few members of staff from the MH trust I'm under are going to be there, including the ward manager. I can't remember all of what they've seen me like, but I was significantly Not Good. Will just have to try extra hard to be normal at lunch time tomorrow, to show that I can actually do it!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:07 AM

Work hours are changing though. At the moment it's those hours every Thursday and Friday, but will be 2pm - 6pm on a Monday and Tuesday and 9am - 6pm as normal on Friday. It should suit me better. Start from the 12th, when the new employee starts.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:21 AM

Sounds like it will be better but change is always hard and requires mental adjustment! Hopefully will be for the best though.