RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 12:56 PM

I hope the meeting goes well Lindsey and you are able to get there safely :)

Helen, like Mark said, I hope you're feeling better, or at least less tired this morning.

How are you today Mark?

*Waves to Effervescene* Is there anything you'd rather be called? Welcome back, I'm Lia.

*Hugs Laura* You know we're always here for you if you ever can find the words. You won't be a burden and it's alright to tell us how you're feeling. I understand. I really do.

*Hugs everyone else* How are you all?

Doikers 03-12-2010 01:06 PM

*Hugs Lia* I'm feeling okay but Nuuumb :) Such a lack of motivation :S
How're you Lia?

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 01:18 PM

*Hugs Mark* I know that feeling. I am off school again because of the snow, half my teachers have sent me work but I just can't be bothered to do anything. I'm sat in bed on my laptop, I've only managed to actually wake myself up about half an hour ago, and I went to bed at 12.30 this morning, so not even that late. I don't know what's wrong with me, I either sleep way too much or not enough. I hope you're alright though. How are you feeling about your Grandma today?

nicole94 03-12-2010 01:27 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 03-12-2010 01:43 PM

I'm sad about my Grandma ( Which I think is Normal ) but the shock of last Thursday when I finally realised she had died is gone , I need to cry but I just can't *sigh* I can feel it in me ready to come out , I think My meds are keeping it in me and I can't skip my meds because I need them to deal with my Depression . hmmm *Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Nicole*

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 01:57 PM

In time Mark, the tears will come. I know how you feel. I just need to sob. Properly cry but all I can manage at most is a few tears and it's been four and a half months. There's no 'normal' way to grieve. It happens as it happens and I for one almost feel as if I'm not grieving at all.

*Hugs Nicole How are you? Any snow yet?

one_step_closer 03-12-2010 02:04 PM

I've just made a complete mess of trying to get my car out of the drive and now it's at a weird angle and everyone is going to see it and know how stupid I am. Look:

I am the biggest idiot in the world.

Doikers 03-12-2010 02:08 PM

*Hugs Lia* :S

*Hugs Lindsay* You're NOT an idiot hun , I can't even drive hmmm so you're doing better than me :)

I haven't got the concentration or motivation to learn the controls for the game I bought myself off of ebay for my Birthday a month ago almost let alone to do anything productive *Sigh* How can I be Numb and Anxious at the same sodding time ? Shoulden't they just cancel each other out? , I've had to take a Diaz .

nicole94 03-12-2010 02:12 PM

*hugs mark, lia and lindsay*
mark-the crying will come in time. unfortunatley you just have to wait.
lia-nothing yet. :( silly weather! lol
lindsay-you're not an idiot. it must be hard to drive in the snow! :/
I'm ok, just tired and fed up of the cold weather and lack of snow! lol how are you guys?

Doikers 03-12-2010 02:19 PM

*Lights Inscence and tries to relax*

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 02:23 PM

It's Christmas in 3 weeks. I'm not in school. There's snow everywhere. I am getting out of my sociology timed essay. I have chocolate. I have writing. So why am I not happy?

nicole94 03-12-2010 02:28 PM

*hugs mark and lia*
mark-are you ok?
lia-unfortunatley its like that sometimes :( try and do something fun and distract yourself :) and if all else fails-eat lots and lots of chocolate! (and dont forget to send me some :P

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 02:31 PM

I'm writing with Chocolate whilst sat in my pyjamas in bed with snow outside and I've jsut composed a list of reasons to be cheerful. I also have Christmas music.

Doikers 03-12-2010 02:34 PM

*Hugs Nicole* I'm not feeling wonderful "Kick in Diaz soon Please , please , please" I am getting more triggered I've lit an inscence cone AND an Inscence Stick and am listening to music and trying not to thing about S.I. , I DO try , 2nd last time I self injured I had no control over it and am scared it will happen like that again :S

EDIT:- I made myself Turkish Apple Tea , No Caffiene.

nicole94 03-12-2010 02:42 PM

*hugs lia* make a hot chocolate to warm you up and make you feel happy? i'm pissed off cause i want hot chocolate but my mum locks the kitchen door........
*hugs mark* you can manage without SI, its hard, but you can do it, i'm sorry you feel so triggerd. and i'm sorry that you had no control over it before, i know how that feels, i've had times where one moment i'm walking up the stairs to my room, and then the next thing i remember is having a lot of new cuts, it's really scary. *squishes*

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 02:54 PM

*Hugs Mark* I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry. Just wanted you to know I'm not ignoring you and I do care.

I hate this. I feel I should do something. Go out in the snow,do some work, but I just can't. I can't even write. I'm just so unmotivated and I feel as if I am totally wasting the day, which I hate doing.

Nicole, I might just do that. I love hot chocolate.

Doikers 03-12-2010 03:00 PM

Lia *Hugs* I don't feel you are ignoring me at all , Thankyou for caring :) It helps to hear just that .

nicole94 03-12-2010 03:03 PM

*hides*

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 03:06 PM

I'm glad Mark :)

I have hot chocolate now.

What's up Nicole? *Hugs*

nicole94 03-12-2010 03:12 PM

*hugs lia* I don't know :( i don't know what happend. I was just sat here eating my lunch, and i finished, looked down at my empty plate. And i just had a really strong urge to purge. I just want to get rid of it :(

Doikers 03-12-2010 03:26 PM

*Hugs Nicole* I'm sorry you feel that way , is there anything you can do to distract yourself ? , Music's good Whatever you are in the mood for .....

nicole94 03-12-2010 03:30 PM

*hugs mark*
I'm sorry. I couldn't stop it :( i am such an IDIOT!
*curls up*

Doikers 03-12-2010 03:39 PM

On a completely Random note .... I have 1 Courgette the other one went slimy so I need to cook it for my dinner tonight or it may go slimy too , I'm boiling Sprouts , can I chop up the courgette and boil it with them does anyone know ?

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 03:41 PM

Sorry Mark, I have no idea. Domestics really aren't my thing.

*Hugs Nicole* You're not an idiot. Have you ever had that urge before?

nicole94 03-12-2010 03:46 PM

mark-i honestly have no idea. but i expect you can.
*hugs lia* I have had the urge before, but never acted on it :( i feel so stupid.

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 03:50 PM

Try not to be too hard on yourself Nicole. I'm sure you tried your best to restist it and now you know how much you regret it, that might help towards resisiting the urge if it ever arises again.

nicole94 03-12-2010 03:54 PM

*hugs lia* Thanks hun. I think i'm gonna try go on a diet. I will be sensible. I just think this came from the fact i am overweight, and fet fat. But there are better ways to control that than purging-right?

Doikers 03-12-2010 03:58 PM

*Hugs Nicole* Please do be sensible on a diet . Otherwise it won't be safe , I've had the urage to purge to in the not too distant past , I've even attempted it :S So I can understand where you are coming from .

nicole94 03-12-2010 04:02 PM

*hugs mark* I will be sensible. I am actually classed as overweight. So i do need to go on a diet.......

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 04:08 PM

As long as you are careful Nicole and promise me you won't skip meals or go below an average weight?

nicole94 03-12-2010 04:16 PM

i promise lia.
Apart from breakfast. I cannot eat in the mornings. It makes me sick :/

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:18 PM

I don't eat much in the mornings either , just 1 Bananna usually and COOOOOOFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEE :p

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:20 PM

I think the Diaz has Calmed me but You two guys , Lia and Nicole have helped me a LOT :) Thankyou :)

nicole94 03-12-2010 04:23 PM

lol mark. I can't even manage a bannana. And i absolutley HATE coffee! Its normally just a cuppa tea for me :P

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 04:24 PM

I'm glad to hear that Mark :) I'm feeling a little better now too. I actually just got dressed and am thinking about doing my reading for English.

Fair enough Nicole, I don't eat breakfast either.

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:29 PM

Hah Is their a link between Little / No Breakfast and Self Injury ? Heh.

nicole94 03-12-2010 04:32 PM

lol mark. I dunno. Doubt it though :/ i suppose it depends on the reason you don't eat breakfast though.

Louise 03-12-2010 04:35 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:37 PM

*Hug Louise* How're you?

It was just a random thought of mine Nicole , I'm just not hungry in the morning .

nicole94 03-12-2010 04:42 PM

*hugs louise*
I know mark. It just got me thinking about it though, i mean they say if you don't have breakfast it messes up the rest of your eating, which kinda then messes with your brain, which could lead to SI. Heh, just something to think about.

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 04:55 PM

Or if the reason you don't eat breakfast is because of an eating disorder and you cut because of the ED. I have done some of my reading :) I'm still not up to date, but it's progress. I really need to start working properly, it just takes so much effort...

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 05:36 PM

Oh my days. My motivation today is terrible. I actually have done next to nothing. I've got dressed, read two chapters of Wuthering Heights for English and done a tiny bit of writing. What else have I been doing all of this time?!

Doikers 03-12-2010 05:37 PM

My Dad showed up earlier than I thought , I was Watching " From Dusk Till Dawn" It's violent but I've seen it a few times and it's good for taking my mind off thoughts , make sense? So anyway I've paused the DVD and am watching Friends re-runs , just for the change of pace heh

Doikers 03-12-2010 05:43 PM

*Squishes Lia* Having No Motivation is going around I think .

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 05:52 PM

Lol, bit of a jump there Mark. I remember when I was watching Moulin Rouge and my mum was in the next room, so she could only hear it and I was on the fake orgasm scene, so all my mum could hear was the noises, she couldn't see that nothing was actually going on and shouted to me 'what on earth are you watching?!' It was a bit of a lol,but slightly awkward turtle when she came in to investigate.

Doikers 03-12-2010 05:59 PM

Hehe Lia :) I'll get back to the Film Later But I like Friends , it's nice and familiar and comfy :)

risenfromperdition 03-12-2010 06:14 PM

motivation? whats that >.>

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 06:29 PM

Lol Heather, I take it you've caught the bug too then ;)

I know that feeling Mark. I feel so much comfort if I have something familiar. Especailly if I am going into an unfamilar world. Like when I went to Canada, I took Harry Potter with me and my cousins out there, but I had only met them once. But then, saying that, if I was being chased by a mad axe murderer, I would be glad tp bump into my cousin Heather or someone simply because they would be more familiar to me than what was happening. Anyway. Rambling now.

one_step_closer 03-12-2010 06:40 PM

I made it in to see my OT, she thinks that I need more things to do so i've to look into night classes on cookery or photography. She says that they'll be free because i'm on benefits but i'm not sure.

Doikers 03-12-2010 06:54 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* My support team want me to do more too , I try but depression is hard and self injury helps not at all with it.

*Hugs Lia* Familiar is nice :)