RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Eir 19-04-2016 09:25 PM

May I try some too? I think I can deal with magic tea.
Its 5 something in the morning and I've not slept. Again. Am about to attempt. But YAY for meds tomorrow. Mostly. Shall try better to not run out with so many days left to pay day. Cannot do without this long.
Fresh home-made bread for anyone who wants it.

CaiteeBug 20-04-2016 05:07 PM

gross, I've got a doctor's appt at 1 today. I'm hoping my blood sugars and A1c numbers went down and I also hope I lost a little weight.

YodaBearInterrupted 20-04-2016 06:16 PM

*hugs all in here and puts out more cookies*

Got put on new meds and they are pretty strong... am at work, yet I want to do no work since I feel tired and don't feel like doing anything at all

*sits in the corner again*

Kathryn_Anna 20-04-2016 08:25 PM

How did your appointment go Caitlyn?

Thanks for the hugs and cookies Matt. Sorry you are feeling so tired. Hopefully as time goes on you'll get adjusted to the meds and won't feel as bad.

It has been just go, go, go today. I'm exhausted. And now I'm feeling a bit paranoid so that's heightening my anxiety. Ugh. Not good.

Kathryn_Anna 21-04-2016 12:53 PM

How is everyone doing today?

Doikers 21-04-2016 02:15 PM

Fairly Unwell , this bug is taking it's toll :(

How are you Kathryn? And everyone Else?

Eir 21-04-2016 03:54 PM

24+ hrs of meds has done wonders. My skins no longer crawling with the need to hurt myself. Only figured out what that itch was just now cos it's gone.
Unfortunately, have zero motivation to do my uni assignment. Started it. But so difficult to focus on it. Given up for the night.
Matt I know the feeling. Mine do it everytime my dose is adjusted or i go a week without. Titrating my meds up as we speak cos I cant afford to be bombed whilst I adjust to my normal dosage.
Mark, have you tried honey and lemon and ginger tea? If your flu-ey, it may help you feel a bit better.
Kathryn, I hope things slow up a bit so you can feel less exhausted.

Kathryn_Anna 21-04-2016 08:24 PM

I'm very thankful I have a calendar. All these medical appointments for my kids is making it hard to schedule anything else. I've had to decline dates again because of conflicts with other appointments. I'm so busy there is little time for me. *sigh* I really need to start scheduling stuff in like showers and taking care of me.

CaiteeBug 21-04-2016 09:16 PM

I am heartbroken. The legendary musician Prince has passed way

Kathryn_Anna 22-04-2016 02:34 AM

It's a very sad day indeed Caitlyn. :(

Eir 22-04-2016 05:10 PM

Well done for your organisation skills. Scheduling you time sounds like a great idea

Drewbles 22-04-2016 10:26 PM

*leaves blankets and pillows for everyone*
I've been on a waitlist for a doctor's appointment for almost 2 months and it's finally this coming Thursday and I'm so anxious about it :(

It feels like every time I go to the doctor about mental health somehow the message doesn't get across. I went to the hospital once for it and came away with a diagnosis I know isn't right.

I just feel like I'm too bad at talking to ever explain to anyone in a way they could understand. I keep worrying I'll leave there really stressed out without getting what I need :( I can't wait around forever for help.

Sorry for disappearing and returning to rant.. Hope all is ok with everyone

Doikers 23-04-2016 11:47 AM

Best of luck Drewbles! I know the feeling of not being able to make the right works under stress *Offers safe Hugs*

Eir 23-04-2016 06:31 PM

Drew, have you ever though of getting your mental health down on paper? Your concerns, your history with mental health, that sort of stuff. I did this after going through several doctors and getting sick of telling the same story, as well as several frustrating attempts to open up to them but being unable to express verbally major problems due to paranoia.
I generally express myself better in writing. Some of the things I *can't* talk about I can put in writing, and others make more sense on paper because I tend to lose track of conversations and get muddled. My written vocabulary is better and concepts are slightly easier to convey and much easier to keep track of.
And there's always the possibility that if you have prepared what you want to say and what you want to ask on paper, the anxiety you have about the appointment might lessen because you'll have a reference so you don't forget to say things due to the anxiety of seeing the doctor. If that make sense.
Good luck with the appointment anyway.
* puts starburst and marshmallows on the table*
I'll just sit quietly over here. Still struggling with lack of motivation and now concentration for this stupid and now overdue assignment.

Kathryn_Anna 24-04-2016 10:18 PM

Drew, writing things down always helps me. I still ramble when I write but not nearly as much. Good luck with the appointment.

I hope motivation and concentration find you Eir! Good luck with the assignment.

I was doing well for a few days. This afternoon though I just seem to be going down hill and I don't know why. I just want to crawl into a hole and hide.

Eir 25-04-2016 06:22 AM

I ended up botching the submission. And it's a long weekend so I can't contact the subject coordinator. Ah well.

Doikers 25-04-2016 11:02 AM

*Flops*

Kathryn_Anna 25-04-2016 01:49 PM

*crawls further into her hole*

Doikers 26-04-2016 10:52 AM

Hey Guys , How are you all today?

Kathryn_Anna 26-04-2016 12:54 PM

My daughter has therapy most of the day so I'm being forced to function. I really don't want to parent today though. I don't want to do much of anything really.

How are you?