RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

YodaBearInterrupted 19-08-2012 09:05 AM

*hugs risen* - hope that is okay

midnightphoenix 19-08-2012 02:54 PM

*sits next to risen and covers risen over with blanket*

happiness...its all a lie 19-08-2012 09:55 PM

Hides in the corner*sobs*

midnightphoenix 20-08-2012 01:58 AM

*hides* please make the world go away

risenfromperdition 20-08-2012 03:30 AM

yes. hugs ok. tankyou.

*curls up near midnight*

StardustedSky 20-08-2012 08:30 PM

Balancing act

I'm going from being fine to massive lows just now, everything seems to be getting a bit much. I have been admitted before and can't face going back, I got put in the dementia ward last time as its solitary and locked but the strain it's put on my relationship with my fiancé is unreal. I was with him and engaged before our accident and everything went wrong he now has to split his time between work and caring for me and although he says he doesn't mind I can see the strain on his face and I hate how much I ask of him. I don't want to tell him how bad things are cos it's just more on his shoulders but I'm not sure what is going to be best for him in the long run he doesn't need all this

midnightphoenix 29-08-2012 11:53 PM

hugs stardust

*curls up in corner* please made the bad things go away

WhisperingSiren 30-08-2012 10:12 AM

I've never been in a ward before... I would never have been able to afford one if somebody tried to send me. I've gone into the psych people emergency-like before... but I don't have money for that either, now. I wonder how I manage to turn off all of my issues long enough to help with others'... and then can't control them rushing back when I'm alone :( Nighttime is bad. I remember things. I imagine history repeating itself... and I realize exactly how far from true recovery from PTSD I am. During the day it's generally under control, but at night...

I don't want to be a jerk and wake anybody in my household up, they all have work so early in the morning. I feel so alone :'( I want to stop imagining these things, flashing back to those things... but it's like it's always there, in the back of my mind.

I could really use some hugs and hot cocoa. I have plenty of blankets, I make them... I have a few spare if anybody needs any...

WhisperingSiren 30-08-2012 03:20 PM

Well at least now I feel somewhat better with a shower, some food, and plenty of reading and time and such... but I still can't seem to go to sleep and it's 9am. I need to sleeeeeeeep....

On another note, *curls into sleepy ball with a cat* I do have quite a few extra blankets, tea and random stuff to share ;) Sorry the cat doesn't like other people, or I'd share him, too :P

risenfromperdition 30-08-2012 04:29 PM

*wave*

YodaBearInterrupted 30-08-2012 08:20 PM

*hugs and waves to all*

I give up. Make it stop. I want to give in, but I can't.

m0nk 30-08-2012 08:36 PM

close your eyes move your feet hear my voice fell the beat ley your mind on rozes just follow me into hypnosis

risenfromperdition 31-08-2012 12:35 AM

*stares at walll*

nonono. go aways :(
*curls up*

WhisperingSiren 31-08-2012 03:52 AM

How many people are in the Ward currently?

ˈsäləˌterē 02-09-2012 03:07 AM

Armed dangerous n alone

YodaBearInterrupted 02-09-2012 07:25 AM

*hugs Solo* -- I hope you are doing okay

ˈsäləˌterē 02-09-2012 08:47 AM

Thanks Matt ~hugs back~ A friend saw my post n stayed with me so I'd be safe. Hope you're ok too

risenfromperdition 02-09-2012 07:40 PM

*sits with solo :)*

StardustedSky 04-09-2012 09:46 PM

Whispering siren I have been in wards but nothin more than a few hours until someone would come a sign me out (often this has been after having a really tough concilling session where iv not been considered safe to be left on my own) I would not have the money nor would anyone in the family to go to private facilities so its been NHS for me all the say which is someway has been a blessing, the. Ouncillor I have is great and I see him every week to 3 weeks depending how hard a time I'm having I have been seeming him for 18 months and I daren't think what I would have done without him.

I can totally sympathise with your struggles at night I often scream out, shout, cry and kick when having nightmares and even once I wake it's hard to calm down. The problem is with something like PTSD is the nights are often your enemy (or they are mine) I cope by being busy and trying to distract my mind but at night when the darkness closes in and your so tired but your body won't turn off so you can sleep it feels like I will never break the cycle. Your not a jerk for waking people ultimately if you are going to be safer with them awake and there with you they would rather that than you have a destructive night. Try audio books, it sounds daft but I find them comforting especially when having nightmares as its a constant thing going on in the background which you can try to focus on when having a nightmare or flashback to help 'pull you back'.

*hugs* solo

ˈsäləˌterē 04-09-2012 10:48 PM

Thank you ~hugs back~