RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

happiness...its all a lie 01-06-2012 05:03 PM

hey dylan, why are you terrified? it will hopefully help you *hugs*

one_step_closer 01-06-2012 05:08 PM

Faye, how are you doing now?

Kelly, I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I'm here if you need to talk.

Hi Julie *waves*

Mark, how are you?

Zed, well done for doing those daily tasks even though they're tiring.

Dylan, please tell us what's worrying you. Maybe we could share our experiences with you.

happiness...its all a lie 01-06-2012 05:17 PM

Hey lindsay how are you?

Im not as triggered as last night but due to lack of sleep i feel really rough and ill :(

Zedebee 01-06-2012 05:24 PM

No it's okay, just need some sleep =) Awwh I hope you manage to sleep better tonight. Make sure you have plenty of fluids and stuf...

Yupyup I do still talk to her and we meet up whenever we can =)

happiness...its all a lie 01-06-2012 05:26 PM

Thanks im sure i will as im at my bf's and i feel safe here and dont have flashbacks so much. Im also so tired it will be impossible for me to stay awake after about 9pm lol.

aww cool how is she? i did message her on facebook recently but i dont think she goes on there much

sdixon 01-06-2012 05:30 PM

hi everyone *HUGS ALL AROUND" how is everyone

Zedebee 01-06-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happiness...its all a lie (Post 3242362)
Thanks im sure i will as im at my bf's and i feel safe here and dont have flashbacks so much. Im also so tired it will be impossible for me to stay awake after about 9pm lol.

aww cool how is she? i did message her on facebook recently but i dont think she goes on there much

She's not on Facebook any more but she's doing well, I'll tell her you asked after her =)

Hi Shannon *big hugs*

Louise 01-06-2012 06:24 PM

hugs everyone

sdixon 01-06-2012 06:37 PM

Hugs Louise, how are you today?

Louise 01-06-2012 06:39 PM

hugs back - I am so so, how are you?

risenfromperdition 01-06-2012 07:09 PM

*gently cuddles zeddeh and curls up near*
my teddy wanna cuddle with fred xD

*waves to everyone else*
ugh my chest hurts and i've no idea why
and have counselling at 3 :/ [its 1:10] blech.

one_step_closer 01-06-2012 08:07 PM

Hope counselling goes well, Heather.

sdixon 01-06-2012 08:55 PM

I am better than yesterday. Last night was just a really bad night for me.

Synthetisk 01-06-2012 09:08 PM

Another difficult day to get through.

*hugs for everyone*

Lindsay - I'm not sure. I have rapid cycling bipolar and haven't had an "episode" in a long time, so I guess it was due to rear its ugly head. Doesn't make it any less awful though.

midnightphoenix 01-06-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 3242350)

Dylan, please tell us what's worrying you. Maybe we could share our experiences with you.

I'm scared the counsellor's going to hate me or judge me, maybe he'll even have me locked away :eek:

one_step_closer 01-06-2012 09:39 PM

Shannon, i'm glad you're doing better. Did anything trigger the bad time you had last night? Is there anything you can put in place to try and stay ok?

Jamie, i'm sorry things are tough. What normally helps you through?

beautydylan, what would you like us to call you? I saw that your username is comprised of two of your cats names. Counsellors are trained to be non-judgemental and respectful. I have had counselling in the past and whatever I said I never felt like I was being judged. Counsellors generally don't have the powers to hospitalise people but they can talk to your doctor or someone else if they're worried about you. But professionals tend to want to do all they can to keep people out of hospital.

midnightphoenix 01-06-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 3242631)

beautydylan, what would you like us to call you?

I usually get called BD on the forums I've got this username, but thinking of changing my username because my username itself can trigger me (depending on how I'm feeling when I come online)

risenfromperdition 01-06-2012 11:03 PM

counseling was tiring ><
and i have a headache but going to see my brother's band perform at the racetrack in NJ, so i kinda hafta go xD

hows everyone?

one_step_closer 01-06-2012 11:26 PM

Headache + band doesn't sound like a good combination!

sdixon 02-06-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 3242631)
Shannon, i'm glad you're doing better. Did anything trigger the bad time you had last night? Is there anything you can put in place to try and stay ok?

:) Yeah, yesterday was the birthday of the person that abused me as a child and because no one in the family knows, they talked about it and really bothered me.