RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

CrazyHayley 06-05-2010 01:08 PM

*prances round ward giving each and everyone of her wardmates some attention and tlc that they can cope with*

Oh my goodness, I feel....um....normal?! Which is soooo bizarre! :shocked: Not sure how long it'll last as my mood swings with PMDD can be violent and unpredictable. But so far today I've got myself showered, washed my hair and got dressed (a vast improvement on yesterday!) I've also done some laundry and cleaned and hoovered my living room. Walked to the polling station (only at the end of my road!) and cast my vote. Came home and munched my lunch whilst reading through last nights posts.....phew! It'll be an early nap time methinks! :-p

Kahlia - I'm sooo pleased for you that your new monitor has arrived. Hopefully that'll help your mood and ability to cope with things. Or at least when struggling you've got your own access now to us wardies in here whenever you need us *huggle*

JK - you are not completely useless with this thread. It means a lot to me that you take the time to read through the posts so that you know whats going on. It is overwhelming at times how fast it moves and getting to know the newcomers, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. And remember, this thread isn't about responding to everyone individually. It's about posting what you feel you need to to be safe (unless it warrants a whole thread and you want specific advice). Its about knowing there are others who are also struggling but want to be in the psych ward cos we want to get better. It's about posting random things in the virtual world to keep us distracted. At least from my 2year experience in here thats what I've found. *huggles*

Helen - I hope that you get done all that you need to today and that blood tests aren't upsetting or triggerring for you *huggle*

April - YOU WILL BE FINE AND YOU WILL DO GREAT!! *huggle*

Hmmm, I know that there is more I wanted to say, but on 'advance post' so that I can read previous posts whilst typing, it only goes back so far!

ooh...*jumps up and down excitedly with Mark* yay on WoW arriving! When you first put the disc in and you need to downlaod the patch (don't ask me what it is, I just know thats what its called, lol) it takes AGES! Took ludwig (my laptop) 5hours to complete it. So I advise you doing it overnight when you'll not be using your computer and then you won't keep checking the download bar and get frustrated by the slowness (speaking from experience!)

Think I may go and play some WoW now before nap time. Got wii fit evening with my friend Jo tonight. I have warned her that I'm PMDDing and unpredicatable. Really hope my 'normalness' lasts. I hate being irrational and depressed and what not around my friends...well usually I just hide away and don't see anyone. Hey ho....

MammaMia 06-05-2010 01:27 PM

*cuddles everyone*

Glad your mointor came Kahlia :D

Well finally got back. Took me longer than expected as none of it went to plan. I think I'm going to bruise for once :S Normally I don't bruise from blood tests (unlike me mum) but it looks really swollen/a tiny bruise I think :S Might be wrong. Have three tubes of blood taken from you is fun..not!!! I didn't even look for once :O

Doikers 06-05-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Took ludwig (my laptop) 5hours to complete it.
Hehe you named your laptop ! I named my P.C. Dave:)

Scarletdreamer 06-05-2010 02:30 PM

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCPjgZpuQzE&NR=1[/ame]

Pretty song. :)

Good luck with downloading the patches, Mark. I don't know if you have to for the original game, though, only if you have the two expansions (and a third is coming out in November, am so excited!! :D). But Hayley would know better than I would, I suppose!! :P I don't remember back that far... heh. And it probably would take awhile as you're downloading summat from the West Coast of the States... I think, anyway. Heh.

*cuddles all*

SoMuchMore 06-05-2010 02:49 PM

haha ludwig and p.c dave... o man... hayley, mark.. both of you are awesome.

*hugs april* good luck on ur tests. I have a huge one too.. in like 45 minutes.. AHH!

Kahlia - glad that your monitor is finally here!

*hugs helen* thats a lot of blood taken. I hope that you arent too bruised or swollen.

*waves at owen*

*cuddles JK* your posts are not useless here at all. Personally, I really appreciate that you take the time to read everything. How r u doing?

Test time!!! wish me luck!

Doikers 06-05-2010 03:04 PM

GOOD LUCK LAURA :)

April it's downloading a patch now , taking its sweet time about it too a coupla hours left yet I think :S hmmmmm

Scarletdreamer 06-05-2010 03:24 PM

Hrm guess I was wrong then, ey? :P lol... I do hope that you enjoy the game though, Mark. It's a lovely distraction once you get a handle on it. :)

*sighs* It's 10:25am and I'm only about half done with my writeup. Keep getting distracted. My brain feels ****ing frozen, or fried, or something. I read that there can be cognitive impairment when going off a benzo faster than you should, and since I cut my dosage in half (or rather, more than half), I think that's what's happening. I can't think of words, I can't think PERIOD. :'(

I need to get this damn writeup done... and then take that stupid exam... :'(

GOOD LUCK LAURA!!!!!! :D I'm sure you'll do fine!! *cuddles*

MammaMia 06-05-2010 04:41 PM

Indeed it is Laura :( But seems to have settled down a little, we shall see ^_^

ARGH I wanna go vote already. I fell asleep bahahaha. Wish my best friend would get in touch. Getting really worried >_>

frenchhorn 06-05-2010 05:20 PM

*cuddles all who want cuddles*

4 pages since I was last here, I've tried to catch up but at the moment I'm not really right for it.
Yesterday I ended up in the hospital after I OD'd at lunchtime, I then had to stay in over night and wait to be seen by the psychiatrist today, which took about 5 hours of waiting, I'm now home and still feeling a bit sick, but thats probably because I didn't eat much yesterday or today so I'm off to have some food.

I shall reply properly later, when I am feeling better and have voted.

Also Hayley thanks for the PM, meant a lot, I shall reply later when I'm a bit more stable

CrazyHayley 06-05-2010 05:33 PM

*cuddles Helen* I'm glad that your blood test injury seems to be settling down a bit. I'm like your mum, I bruise really easily! Always looks worse than it is. You probably fell asleep due to your body wanting rest to make up for the blood it lost. Perfectly normal from my experience. Hope that you get to hear from your best friend and then that voting tonight goes more according to plan than your activities this morning.

*huggles Mark* Pass on my regards to Dave! :-p My best friend actually named my laptop for me. I've always named things (Kerry the Kettle, Terry the Toaster, Barney the bread bin....they've all got faces by the way! Oh if only I was clever and could show pictures) Anyhoo....I got my laptop when Eoghan was in Afghan in 2008 and the start of my PMDD and when my best mate came round and asked what its name was and I said I hadn't named it, she said "bloody hell you must be depressed to have not named it! Well I'll do it for you. It's now called Ludwig!" And so there we go! :laugh:

*huggles Laura* Well you'll be in your exam as I'm typing this, but I'm rooting for you! I'm sure you'll do great! :thumbup:

*huggles April* ooh the withdrawal effects from your meds is not good at any time, let alone when you're doing important uni work. Wish I had something constructive to say to try and help you. I'll try and send some brainy energetic thoughts your way! *tries to do telepathy type stuff to help April* :blink:

*super duper huggles Oliver* sorry to hear about your OD. You make sure that you do have something to eat, it'll definately help you feel a lil bit better, as will casting your vote for the party that counts (not breaking any rules by political talk too much, but I know that you previously said that you were voting for the same colour as me:-D)

I'm currently munching on pitta bread and hummous. Anybody care to join me?

*Jackie* 06-05-2010 05:51 PM

*buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz*

Can you here my brain turning? It sounds like white noise it is going so fast.

Not sleeping (3am), not good, blah,blah,blah.

Sorry!

Doikers 06-05-2010 05:57 PM

*Hugs Oliver* I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal *More Hugs*

Hayley , Pitta bread and Humous eh , well I'll munch on a little but I don't wanna ruin my hot-pot thats in the oven *Nom Nom eats some humous* Thankyou.

*hugs Little Laura* Have you tried any camomille tea ? Sorry thats my answer for everything :S

*Jackie* 06-05-2010 06:06 PM

Thanks will try that. Why didn't I thiink of that?

-goes to make a cuppa-

MammaMia 06-05-2010 06:17 PM

*super squishy hugs for Oliver* Sorry you od'd :(

Hayley, wow, you're probably right sweetheart. Have felt bit 'off' since I got home. Don't know if it's related. Hmm. Also voting will go more to plan than earlier activities and my best friend finally rang me about 30 minutes ago. Didn't want to get off the phone :P But hey, we'll talk on msn later.

frenchhorn 06-05-2010 06:19 PM

thanks for the hugs everyone *sends hugs back to Mark, Hayley and Helen*
*waves hi to little Laura* I'm Oliver

*disappears out the door to vote*

Doikers 06-05-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHayley (Post 2281582)
* So I advise you doing it overnight when you'll not be using your computer and then you won't keep checking the download bar and get frustrated by the slowness (speaking from experience!)
Hey ho....

Oh Hayley you're so wise *Bows in awe* I've just been watching it on 47percent for an AGE. It's gonna be an overnight job methinks

SoMuchMore 06-05-2010 07:41 PM

*cuddles oliver* im sorry to hear about your OD. Hope you managed to get some food. How r u doing now?

*hugs helen* the other day i volunteered at a blood drive and a few of my friends said they feel asleep when they got home... so i think thats normal. Also, dont drink lol... my friend got drunk off of like a beer and half afterwards.

*hugs april* Im sorry that your meds are not in and that its making you feel off. Did u get ur write up done?

*hugs hayley and joins her for some pita bread*

*hugs mark*

*hugs littlelaura* Im laura! lol Nice to meet you. Hope u managed to get some sleep

Well the test is over. I think it went okay, but im trying to not jinx it. Thanks for all your good wishes everyone. Now i have to finish a paper before my next class in 2 hours. Then i will officially be done with 2 of my classes for the semester! woohoo!

Scarletdreamer 06-05-2010 07:45 PM

I'm done, I'm done, I'm really really done!!!! *parties* Lol... :D I got an 87% on my advanced final (B+) and hopefully will get a B+ in the class... and then handed in my (completed!!!) writeup... which I got done about an hour and a half late but not too bad. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just am SO HAPPY to be DONE!!! :D It's officially summer for me now - and soon for you too, Laura!! :D

*bounces around and does the happy dance with Mark* :D

SoMuchMore 06-05-2010 07:48 PM

*bounces around with april, throwing confetti*

Doikers 06-05-2010 07:54 PM

*Dances happy dance with April* . Congratulations you!!! I'm really pleased for you , you did it !!!! :D