RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Baby Support Thread (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48966)

Casper_Fading 27-05-2008 03:00 AM

Baby Support Thread

Hi All,

SO I don't actually have kids... yet... but I've noticed that there are a few new mums and mums to be around and giving each other advice and support in different threads so I thought i'd see how a single thread goes for y'all? There are so many mum's and dad's on here that support and advice is bound to keep coming! *crosses fingers*

Jess

mermaidstar 27-05-2008 04:56 AM

Hi
I am A mummy.I love it but sometimes it all gets to much
hugs

Ragdoll 27-05-2008 01:23 PM

I'm pregnant - loving rpegnanyc but life's still tough sometimes... feeling those little kicks is fantastic though :-D

Mandimoo 27-05-2008 03:19 PM

i hated the pregnancy, but love being a mum. Chloe appears to be settling back down. mand x

starting_over 27-05-2008 05:12 PM

I am so tired all the time and feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment. I have gone back to college to just get away from all the kids. I cry all the time over the stupidest stuff. We took family pics yesterday and by the tyime i left I wanted to kill both my older two. Joshua has PDD, its under th espectrum of autism, and so he just refused to comply with anything and was lying in th emiddle of the floor screaming, which was quite embarassing since the studio was in the mall. the other one refused to behave and i lost it with him in thge parking lot. I feel so crazy. I am tired and have no patience for the older boys crap anymore. I feel like I am turning to spanking them more and more, and I hate corpral punishment, but i just dont know what to do. anybody have any ideas? I think about cutting again just because it would require me to get medical attention, and thus i would get a break for a few hours, maybe even a few days if they put me away in a psych ward, which here they generally do, they have no grace. Is this stupid or what. I have not cut in almost a year and I want to just to get away. well i will hush since i have gone on and on way to long now. :notsure:

lolly_x 27-05-2008 06:10 PM

wishes i could be pregnant and have my own little baby

Casper_Fading 28-05-2008 01:30 AM

Bah, doesn't need to be in support, needs to be here cause i think more peoples see it... *stamps foot*

:D

Linzi 28-05-2008 11:23 PM

Im 39 weeks pregnant, my little boy is due on monday. I posted elsewhere about some problems Ive been having coming to terms with being a mum but maybe I should have put it here instead. I dont know.

I hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancies, its a wonderful time! Im going to miss it.

xxx

Casper_Fading 29-05-2008 06:53 AM

OMG CONGRATS ON THE UPCOMING JOY! :D

You can always post it again in here!

Snuffles 29-05-2008 02:09 PM

Aww I wish I was still pregnant. This a great idea, and I hope it's still here when I get pregnant again :D

Ragdoll 29-05-2008 07:37 PM

Linzi - Good luck! I haven't seen you around, but then I stick to veterans... hope to see baby pictures once he appears :-)

Kangaroo 29-05-2008 08:24 PM

Good Luck Linzi. I hope it all goes well for you

Raven 29-05-2008 10:00 PM

good luck linzi :) also good luck to you princessKT xxx

i love being a mum, though it is tough at times. there are times when i feel like all i do is breastfeed and change nappies. its easy to find yourself cooped up in the house for days on end and they days just mould into each other. i am so proud of freyja though, shes my wee angel.
was out with my fiance and his mum today with freyja and we bumped into one of my fiances workmates. they way she acted and spoke to jamies mum, it seemed she thought that she was freyjas mum, not her granny. it only really occured to me afterwards, the way she spoke to his mum and not me, and when we went away she turned to his mum and said nice to meet you. she obviously thought i looked too young to be his fiance and a mother. really bugs me, once someone even thought i was his daughter and hes only 28 and looks his age. so frustrating!!!

smoochy_lou 30-05-2008 12:13 AM

hi =) I'm also pregnant but am in a little pickle, i didnt realise this thread was here and posted a new one : http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ad.php?t=49421

parental opinions would be much appreciated if possible xx

Raven 30-05-2008 08:42 AM

you can not have your child taken off you simply because you are depressed. i didnt have mine taken from me, though i had convinced myself at one point during my pregnancy that they would and went off the deep end a bit.
its entirely up to you if you want to continue with the pregnancy, i would suggest speaking to your gp about it though, as they will be able to give you more support and advice in regards to your meds. i think it could be quite presumptious of your mum to say the baby would have serious defects, this baby wouldnt be the first unplanned child to be concieved while the mother was on medication. but as i dont know what you are taking, and i am not trained in any way, i would still suggest speaking with your gp.
as for the father of your child, if it were me i would go to the police. he cant touch you if you do that...not only because he will get a fright but if anything were to happen to you, he may as well paint guilty on his forehead as he was making threats to you.
you just really need to sit down and weigh up your options, decide what you feel is best for you.
good luck!

bigmouth 01-06-2008 10:58 PM

i'm 32 weeks pregnant and getting quite scared about the up and coming changes but I'm excited too

Raven 02-06-2008 09:53 AM

aw i wish i was pregnant again. :-(

Mandimoo 03-06-2008 03:04 AM

chloe's teething. 8 weeks old... you have it all to come! chewing anything and everything she can (and missing her mouth most of the and whacking herself in the face with whatever it is!), temperature, feeding in dribs and drabs, like 40ml at a time (she's on 170ml 5x a day now), crying lots, restless, then when she does sleep - it's like - oh it's been 7hrs since her last feed maybe we ought to wake her up.... she is just zonking. I can see a tooth pressing on her gums at the top, although it isnt red sore yet, and her bottom 2 teeth are also showing,

so calpol it is! can only be given 2x a day, so trying to save the doses for nighttime.

mand x

Raven 04-06-2008 11:52 PM

aw mand :-) my mum says that i was born with 2 teeth poking through the gum...she was SHOCKED! she didnt realise that babies could have teeth at birth but apparently they form while baby is still in the womb so it is possible for them to teeth young! i feel for little chloe but i hear calpol is a godsend so i hope its working for you.

charcoal feathers 05-06-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandimoo (Post 815195)
chloe's teething. 8 weeks old... you have it all to come! chewing anything and everything she can (and missing her mouth most of the and whacking herself in the face with whatever it is!), temperature, feeding in dribs and drabs, like 40ml at a time (she's on 170ml 5x a day now), crying lots, restless, then when she does sleep - it's like - oh it's been 7hrs since her last feed maybe we ought to wake her up.... she is just zonking. I can see a tooth pressing on her gums at the top, although it isnt red sore yet, and her bottom 2 teeth are also showing,

so calpol it is! can only be given 2x a day, so trying to save the doses for nighttime.

mand x

Oh, poor you, and her! teething is a pain.
Get some Teetha, teething granules, it's basically just a powder you put in there mouth and i'm pretty sure they can be used at any age. It should help.