RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Social Work 2019 (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256400)

yoyogirl 11-09-2019 05:55 PM

Social Work 2019

Hiya

There has been a huge change in my life, I've now been accepted for full social work degree course professional training and finally im a peace with myself. I can now finally see a future ahead of me. It's going to be tough as hard rocks and will change me mentally and physically more jobseeking ever would. I still haven't accepted the course yet but i will do shortly.

I have a lot to worry about, placements, my first couple weeks settling into a routine, getting up earlier (well i'm already getting up at most because of the rather painful alarm clock. No physical alarm required.)
I still have to worry about the pregablin issues and make sure i keep schedule that works, make sure I pace myself and learn from mistakes with living with the condition

one_step_closer 12-09-2019 03:49 PM

Well done with getting a place, that's really great. There should hopefully be a disability service who can help you out with some things if needed.

Pi.R^2 13-09-2019 09:52 PM

Great news, well done! I hope it goes really well for you :)

yoyogirl 22-09-2019 12:26 PM

Hey all
Everything is going fine at the moment, things have progressed with the enrolment and now I am waiting patiently for 1st October 2019 to come round quick so I can the second half of enrolment in person. This time I will be an officially enrolled student and there will be no need to take pictures of the books for study like I did previously and I will have my own ID badge.

I have some lots of preparation for the course, yesterday I spent the day in the garden reading despite not feeling that well physically. I think I’m coming down with a cold. Then spent the evening doing a lot more and now i’m developing my sense of routine and now I have specific places I’m doing stuff and it’s not the kitchen table. So I am more organised.

I’ve got myself a new diary and I have added deadlines, meetings and yesterday I purchased the first book I’m going to use Human Growth and Development and I have started already reading the first chapter.

one_step_closer 22-09-2019 02:00 PM

Sounds positive. :-)

yoyogirl 25-09-2019 01:54 PM

Had a long phone call with Samaritains a few days ago and i think I am making the right decision, I have just got to make lots of alterations so that I am able to work hard in order achieve my goals, set myself manageable chunks and I have started blogging my experiences to keep myself accountable and to avoid the procrastination. I want feel that I am doing something more meaningful with my life and not on benefits for the rest of my life.

one_step_closer 27-09-2019 04:19 PM

Good for you. :-) Have you looked into what kind of support you can get while studying?