RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259675)

suicidalkid 15-01-2020 07:46 AM

I need advice

Recently I have been very stressed, and have self-injured. I really want to tell someone because it is so hard to handle alone. But, I have no idea who or what to say to them. If anyone can help me out I would be extremely grateful.

tamobhuuta 16-01-2020 12:06 PM

Hi, you might get replies if you post this in one of the support boards :)

one_step_closer 16-01-2020 05:28 PM

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time, it is hard to deal with things alone and I hope you can reach out to someone. Who is there in your life to talk to? Who would be the easiest person to talk to, even if it's still quite hard? Does anyone know about your self harming or would this be the first time you've told someone? I think just saying what comes naturally would be the best idea but if you want to prepare you could maybe write something and give it to someone. I hope you can get some support.

Mike_Drave 20-01-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicidalkid (Post 4257882)
Recently I have been very stressed, and have self-injured. I really want to tell someone because it is so hard to handle alone. But, I have no idea who or what to say to them. If anyone can help me out I would be extremely grateful.

Hello. Because I am old, 58yr old, I find the whole "No age, no gender, no location because it doesn't matter!" thing .... Odd... Because it does actually matter.

However the basics are this: If you are in school then you go to your school counsellor or favourite teacher. Or you go direct to your Doctor or health provider. Or if you feel you are in immediate crisis, then ring the Samaritans.(If you are in the UK) They are superb and 100% non-judgemental; all they do is listen in effect ... and it really helps people.

It may be that you feel that your parents/guardian is/are not the best 'first stop' and that may be the case. Many find their children doing 'adult' things such as being depressed, very difficult to grasp and understand.

What you say to anyone, be it school, Dr, Samaritans or parent/guardian is ....

"Recently I have been very stressed, and have self-injured. I really want to tell someone because it is so hard to handle alone"

No one you ask for help is going to judge you, think you are silly or weak .... most adults cannot handle life much of the time. You're definitely not alone.

Good fortune to you, hope it works out well for you.

Koala hugs 22-01-2020 11:39 PM

What they said. I hope you can get the help you so truly deserve. Take care. Will be thinking of u.. I think ur brave it takes courage to talk but its worth it.

Titania1020 05-02-2020 04:53 AM

Me too if you wanna talk i'm here