RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

frenchhorn 30-04-2010 10:17 PM

Hi A and S, welcome, I'm Oliver.

Night Rosie

*cuddles Crimson* I know what you mean, sometimes you need to cry, but can't and your not even sure why.

*cuddles April* I keep reading your WoW talk and then getting confused and thinking I'm stupid for not understanding and then realising its WoW talk!! silly me

*hugs helen* how are you?

*hugs mark* night, congrats on your mini win.

*hugs laura,hayley, julie, Kahlia, JK and others he may have forgotten-sorry if I have*

I've written a list of everywhere I either need to ring, write to or go to to tell them of name change, its a long one and I know from others that someplaces get really stressy about it, especially when you want to change title and gender as well, but I know my rights so wont take any crap from them.

*ponders what to do for the night*

Doikers 30-04-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

but I know my rights so wont take any crap from them
Way to go you Oliver!! Good luck with your list * sends out positive thoughts *

PoisonedApple 30-04-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

I've written a list of everywhere I either need to ring, write to or go to to tell them of name change, its a long one and I know from others that someplaces get really stressy about it, especially when you want to change title and gender as well, but I know my rights so wont take any crap from them.
This is good, you have a list and a plan. And definitely don't take crap from anyone.

frenchhorn 30-04-2010 10:21 PM

thanks Mark and Crimson.

Doikers 30-04-2010 10:26 PM

Night all , sleep well ward mates , or have a great Saturday southern hemisphere friends :)

frenchhorn 30-04-2010 10:27 PM

night Mark, sleep well

MammaMia 30-04-2010 11:03 PM

Can't dtop crying.

Kahlia1981 30-04-2010 11:04 PM

*hugs all - except those that don't want hugs*

Life without a computer is hard. Hopefully my new monitor will arrive on Tuesday. I have to steal time on my housemate's computer when he isn't using it, and we just updated to Kubuntu 10.0.4 yesterday so I'm anxious to do the same to my computer.

I shut down my housemate's computer last night but forgot that I didn't have the password. A real bummer. He's shown me where it is now so if I have another of my sleep-disorder nights I can get onto the computer if necessary.

I feel bleh. Would really like to just curl up in bed and never wake up. So over everything. :(

I'll stop complaining and whining now.

*walks around and finds everyone and hugs everyone that wants a hug*

frenchhorn 30-04-2010 11:11 PM

*comes over to where Helen is and puts arm round her, and offers tissues*
whats up hun?

*hugs Kahlia* thats sucks about your computer situation, hope it gets better soon

my jaw and head hurts, my teacher asked if I had any friends today in our chat, I said I have some outside of uni, and said I have a few in college, but it was a lie, I don't they dont like me, I'm a loner.

PoisonedApple 30-04-2010 11:21 PM

*huggles Oliver, Kahlia and Helen*
Aside from that part of the conversation, how did the meeting go with your teacher Oliver?
Hope your monitor gets to you soon, Kahlia.
What's up, Helen?

Kahlia1981 30-04-2010 11:23 PM

*huggles Helen & offers tissues* Anything we can do to help HelS?

*offers Oliver hugs* I have to echo Crimson ... How did the rest of the conversation go?

Crimson: How are you going?

PoisonedApple 30-04-2010 11:24 PM

I have been decluttering and sent in an email to have Big Brothers Big Sisters come do a pick up of things I'm donating. Now its got me all nervous and anxious. *puts head down on desk* This is stupid. Sorry.

frenchhorn 30-04-2010 11:25 PM

it went ok I guess, she is being really supportive and said she wants to support me through my course and if I need to chat and I can talk to her and she will do what she can for me. I told her some stuff, like about the bullying in the past and verbally abusive father and how my sister no longer admits I exist, she seemed pretty shocked by some of it and tried to give me some ideas of how to move on with stuff, she is great, its just hard to talk about that sort of stuff and then have her as a horn teacher as well when she knows so much about you.
*hugs Crimson*

MammaMia 30-04-2010 11:43 PM

*hugs everyone and accepts tissues*

Tears seem to have stopped. For now. Already want them back even though this hurts so much.

Someone up there doesn't want me talking to my best friends tonight :'(

Scarletdreamer 30-04-2010 11:54 PM

*cuddles Hels and offers her my favorite stuffed toy, an ape that can comfort no matter what* He even smells good. :) His name is Agape and he is very cuddly... What's up, hon? why can't you get in touch with your besties? *more cuddles*

*cuddles Kahlia* Sorry about the comp issues, love. That sucks. :( It's kind of sad though, how dependent we've all become on computers - but in many ways it's good, allows us to get support!! :D and meet new (and awesome) people, like all of you guys. :) How are you feeling?? (sorry if you already answered this) any better?

*cuddles Oliver* I understand the awkwardness of it; my advisor is also my teacher and also my confidante. I go to him when I feel suicidal... I go to him when my ED is really bad... I go to him when I need help getting extensions... etc., etc., etc. And I currently have him for a class - AND he will be my internship advisor. AHHH!!! So yes... I well understand how you feel (about that, anyway). And well done for being an "official Oliver"!! (sorry about not commenting on that earlier) How did you choose the name?

I'm really really tired... but my rogue dinged 20!! That's from 16-20 in two days. Lol. I really need to quit playing so much and do more schoolwork... :-/ Have two papers due next week, really need to finish them up. Also need to make sure that I KNOW my finals schedule. :-X

*hides*

Scarletdreamer 30-04-2010 11:55 PM

*cuddles Crimson* I've heard of BB/BS but never was involved with them in any way... I actually mentioned them in the talk that I did (senior sem presentation) :D hehe. How are you doing now??

Kahlia1981 30-04-2010 11:57 PM

*cuddles everyone*

April: No, sadly feeling no better. Very badly on the SI and SU roundabout ... and wishing I could get off. I forgot to say too .. talking about quit smoking drugs. The one you mentioned is Zyban, which is basically an anti-depressant. The Champix works differently but is extremely dangerous. My computer is my work, my study aid, AND my lifeline. Without my computer I retreat inside myself, and that is really dangerous.

Sorry for the lack of individual replies, I'm trying to quickly get a few things done so my housemate can have his computer back. :'(

frenchhorn 01-05-2010 12:01 AM

April- firstly I remember my mum saying years ago that she wanted me and my sister to have 3 syllable first names, not sure why, but seemed important to her. She told me that if I had been born male I would have been colled Jonathan, but wasnt too keen on that, so went through a load of names and then just came accorss Oliver one day and liked it. Loads of people I have met say it really suits me, including people who knew my birthname as well and people who just know me as Oliver.
*cuddles* good luck with your upcoming work and finals.

MammaMia 01-05-2010 12:01 AM

I am in touch with them. But yeah, said what I did because MSN has been ****ing and lots of stuff. *cuddles April's ape and cries*

PoisonedApple 01-05-2010 12:11 AM

April~ I dunno... I feel off... but my heart isn't racing so much anymore and I don't have that I can't breathe feeling anymore... The small blessings, eh?