RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

risenfromperdition 18-01-2010 09:35 PM

wow thats a lot of prereq's for ab psych laura o.O here you just need intro i think haha. what year are you?

SoMuchMore 18-01-2010 10:27 PM

*hugs april* yeah, i understand why u are afraid. I had a research assistant position last semester and we did interviews with psychiatric patients and i was always scared i would get triggered, or i would somehow trigger something in them. I just tried to keep covered and if i was having a bad day, i just pretended i was fine (i know thats prolly bad advice.. but idk what else ur supposed to do in the work place...) It is hard though.

*hugs helen* im sorry about the situation with your friends. Its understandable that you are upset about it. I hope u guys dont wind up arguing or anything. If u want to talk to her about it, maybe just try to calmly explain why u are upset. Maybe it'll be a better convo then u think it might be... u never know right?

Horseridinbbe - Im a junior. Only 1 1/2 semesters left until the real world! ahh! :-P
What year r u?

risenfromperdition 18-01-2010 10:40 PM

junior too... scary hmm? lol.

*yawn*

Scarletdreamer 18-01-2010 10:52 PM

*huggles Helen* I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your friends. That must be really tough. Are they close friends? Also, as Laura said, maybe explain why you are upset to H... it may not be taken as poorly as you think it will. Try to be calm & reasonable - I know that you can, as you're not a flighty person. It will be hard but I think you can do it. And one question you don't have to answer if you don't want to - comments about what? (I may be being dense, & if I am, I'm sorry :-X)

*hugs Laura* Yeah, I guess that advice does work for the workplace. I don't know really what else you are supposed to do. I guess if you really can't handle whatever is happening, talk to your boss - if s/he is understanding. Otherwise, I guess just suck it up? I really don't know. I should probably talk to someone who knows about this... like my advisor or a prof or something. Hmmm. And I do agree with Heather (right?) that that is an awful lot of prereqs for abnormal psych!! :)

I'm a senior... 6th year senior to be exact... ugh. But this is my last term taking classes, then - as I said - my internship this summer, then I'll graduate in December. Woohoo!! April will enter the real world sometime soon... :) Heh. Not sure I'm ready for it, or if it's ready for me... guess we'll see.

Feel like ****. But what's new... :-X

risenfromperdition 18-01-2010 10:57 PM

yep its heather haha

Scarletdreamer 18-01-2010 11:11 PM

Yey I remembered!! :P

How you doing today? *hugs*

Kahlia1981 18-01-2010 11:14 PM

*hugs everyone*

I feel like **** .... Can this all stop now please ??

*cuddles everyone then disappears into a dark corner to attempt to cry*

risenfromperdition 18-01-2010 11:15 PM

dinner :/ yuck. byes.
:(

Scarletdreamer 18-01-2010 11:16 PM

*holds Kahlia gently* What's up, sweetie? We're here to listen & help when/where we can... feel free to talk about what's going on.

~*Rainbow*~ 18-01-2010 11:43 PM

Hey guys sosrry i havent been around for a while been busy trying to get my life back after i got attacked in Inverness!

Just thought i would check in with everyone to see how you are all doing

*hugs to all *

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 12:06 AM

Hiya Rainbow. *hugs back* How you doing? Attacked in Inverness? sounds like you've got a story, there. Hehe.

I just ate supper and now I want to purge... damn bulimic urges... hate feeling full. And it was a healthy supper too. :(

*hides in dark corner with her stuffed ape and tries to go to sleep*

risenfromperdition 19-01-2010 01:41 AM

*cuddles april*
know how you feel

have a sheep with a shirt on

and a horsey

and a cuddly bunny

^_^

MammaMia 19-01-2010 03:00 AM

*cuddles everyone*

I will think about talkijng to H, might be over it by tomorrow (as it's now Tuesday here lol).

What's new? I feel like **** and binged. Ugh fat whore that I am shouldn't have.

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 12:24 PM

*cuddles everyone*

Heather, I'm sorry that you know how I feel. :( I kind of guessed that you would by your comment on supper... one sort or another of understanding, anyway. *hugs*

Helen, how you doing this morning? I'm sorry that you binged... but you're hardly a "fat whore" that you posit you are. *gentle hugs* I understand the feeling though... I mini-binged yesterday morning and hated myself for it, but ate okay the rest of the day, so did okay after all, especially with the workout. I miss Vince's coaching though. :(

Classes start today and I am not ready!!!! Not ready at all... I am scared. Thankfully today I only have 2 classes - Health Psych & Advanced Counseling Techniques - but tomorrow is going to be hell. I will be going from 12:30-9pm with only 2 mini-breaks in there of about 30 minutes each. And I totally forgot my tutoring hours this term so I had to call my supervisor yesterday... but forgot that it was a holiday, so she wasn't in her office. Stupid me!! :(

Oh well. I guess I'll survive, heh. I'm just really worried about this semester...

Kahlia1981 19-01-2010 12:56 PM

*hugs everyone*

I told my housemate how I've been doing and he basically said that he expected as much. We went up to the hospital and they sent us home again saying that the crisis team will follow up. I'll believe that when I see it. *sigh* Make it all go away now please ...

*disappears back into a dark corner to cry*

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 01:08 PM

Aw Kahlia... *gentle cuddles* I'm sorry that you're in such a bad place right now. Wish I could do something to make it better. Why didn't the hospital do something then & there, instead of saying the crisis team would follow it up? I totally don't understand that kind of healthcare system, heh. In the States it's totally different. If you go to the ER and say that you're suicidal and are actively planning to die, you're admitted immediately to a ward. At least, that's been my experience all four times. :-X

*more hugs for Kahlia*

Kahlia1981 19-01-2010 01:14 PM

April - we have one psych ward with 11 beds for females, and 11 beds for males (and a wing that used to be full of beds but has been overtaken by crap) and a PICU with 8 beds. There just isn't enough beds to cope with the demand. The psychologist and nurse that interviewed me and also of the "no admission ever necessary" brigade. They told me that I wouldn't get anything out of an admission because I have insight. It really, really, f**king pisses me off.

I'm sick of having to fight for meagre halthcare. It would be so much easier now just to give in and listen to the voices and the dangerous thoughts. *gish*

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 01:24 PM

You can't give in, love. I know how hard it is... trust me, I do... I can't know 100% what it's like inside your head, of course, but I know the suicidal thoughts & temptations intimately... and you are worth more than that. Please keep fighting... I would be ****ing pissed off too about the meagre healthcare... that's ridiculous... I can't believe that they haven't made more room if there's such a huge demand. Is there a different hospital you can go to?

In the meantime... what are you doing to distract yourself from the thoughts?

MammaMia 19-01-2010 01:56 PM

Good luck April :)

Kahlia, I'm so sorry *cuddles tight* Keep trying to fight those voices and bad temptations :(

OMG I have had the worst nightmares ever this morning. I'm still shaking, how pathetic please??

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 03:10 PM

*cuddles Helen* Nightmares are awful things... it's not pathetic to be shaking from one still - they can be utterly terrifying. I hope that you feel better soon.

Just went to Walmart to pick up a few things, totally forgot my deodorant!!, which was the main reason I was going there... and then on the way home the EPC light came on in my car (VW Jetta) - "electronic power control" which means that I was losing control to the engine. NOT GOOD. I called my dad to see if he could take me to uni, because even though it's only about a mile & a half to there, I don't want to either drive a non-100%-functioning vehicle, or walk with a lot of books & a purse in snowy weather.

Eating my "second breakfast" now... cereal. Ugh. It's tasty but I want to purge. Of course. :(