RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Job interview at KFC ;) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114906)

Left Phalange 06-10-2009 08:45 PM

Job interview at KFC ;)

Yus, I'm cool enough to have a job interview tomorrow at 5pm for KFC, but I was just wondering what kind of questions they like to ask you?
Just so I don't sit there in silence just staring at the guy like a psycho.

And any other tips you want to give me so I can attempt to be cooker of chicken ;)

StaceyBee 06-10-2009 08:52 PM

I've never had an interview for KFC so I say this based on interviews I have been to lol

But they'll probably ask you what sort of work you've done before, why you think you would be good for the company, why you want to work there etc.

That's all I can think of for now, hope that's helpful
:D

And good luck

rockaroni 06-10-2009 08:54 PM

Probably when you can start and what hours you can work.

In my experience, fast food job "interviews" aren't interviews really, it is a "we'll hire you, please work for us" sort of thing.

~ Bittersweet Memories ~ 06-10-2009 08:58 PM

i've been working at KFC for a year, although i feel slightly embarrassed saying that...its a job tho.

it took me a few times to actually get a job there because i wasn't coming across as confident, which i probably wasn't.
when i went for the interview they just asked how my friends would describe me, what hours i could work, how id get there, the basics really.

hope this helps, and good luck :)

StaceyBee 06-10-2009 09:01 PM

Haha I must have been doing something really wrong if I couldn't even get a job at McDonalds lol

Left Phalange 06-10-2009 09:12 PM

Haha, thank you :D
To be fair, I really don't mind, it's a job at the end of the day. I need some extra money for driving lessons and the ability to actually leave my room :P So I'm not fussed.
And fangurl, I applied to Greggs and got rejected. :P GREGGS. xD That was a sad day.
I phoned KFC this morning to let them know I could come for the interview and the lady who answered sounded all excited that I had an interview. xD
I hope I work with her :P

StaceyBee 06-10-2009 09:22 PM

Haha I never even got told I hadn't got a job at McDonalds
I didn't care anyway to be honest, I still won't work there now even though I'll more than likely be with my best friend most of the time haha, they seem to have him on all the time

Dreaming. 07-10-2009 01:17 AM

Good luck with the interview!
I've handed a good 15 or so CVs out in the last few weeks, and hadn't even had so much as an answerphone message or a letter, so don't feel too bad about it.

Let us know what happens with the interview! (and what they ask you :P)

Bitter_Angel 07-10-2009 12:31 PM

Nic is going to be a chicken chef
Shame i dont live closer I would visit you for discount lol
lim sure oyu will do fine, just be yourself (mostly) ha

crazykat 07-10-2009 01:04 PM

Good luck :)

Left Phalange 07-10-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitter_Angel (Post 1914293)
Nic is going to be a chicken chef
Shame i dont live closer I would visit you for discount lol
lim sure oyu will do fine, just be yourself (mostly) ha

Hahaha, yeah, I'll tone down the crazy :P
It's raining outside and I'm not impressed, my outfit for the interview isn't exactly done for warmth. :P

And thank you guys, a job's a job and I need money desperately xD
Although if they ask why I want to work there, I mayyy not say that. :P

frizzly 07-10-2009 02:05 PM

goood luck!! i worked at kfc for 2 years it wasnt tht bad lol. :p but good luck with the interview!! xx

Left Phalange 07-10-2009 06:06 PM

So I had the interview and he said he had other people to interview, so he'd get back to me.
He asked me questions like "What does customer service mean to you?" and "Give me an example of when you did a task as part of a team." and all this crap.
God, I've never made up so much bollocks on the spot in my entire life.
But I think it went okay :)
I answered all of his questions pretty easily and he said "Excellent" a lot. :P So I should think that's a good sign. xD

Bitter_Angel 07-10-2009 06:09 PM

Im sure you were finger lickin good :-p

Left Phalange 07-10-2009 06:14 PM

^
Nice. :P

findingnemo 07-10-2009 07:20 PM

awesome! good luck! im sure they loved you.

Left Phalange 07-10-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobidrawpictures (Post 1914974)
"do you like chicken?"
"ummm yeah"
"you are hired *mumbles* warning you may become overweight, increased likelihood of greasy skin, your hand may be fried. Welcome!"

I don't eat KFC, so I'm safe :P

crazykat 08-10-2009 10:06 AM

Glad the interview went well, good luck

Field Of Paper Flowers 08-10-2009 10:27 AM

You don't eat KFC, yet you may be serving it? You make me sad Nic. =P