RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

misskitty112 16-12-2010 03:30 PM

*hugs ward*
One day I will stop being so useless and have advice.
But right now, I'm snowed in at uni... so I may not get to go home after my finals tomorrow... effffff. And I'm worried about finals, and I don't feel good.

Kahlia1981 16-12-2010 03:58 PM

*huggles all*

JK: Special *WB hugs*

Mark: Hey big bro, how are things going? *big hugs*

Heather: I like your signature pic - I can't remember whether I've said that or not because I've been gone so long. *hugs*

Kitty: Hi, I'm Kahlia. Your new since I've been absent so *waves*. Just wanted to say that I love the last two songs in your sig. I read your post (post #38109) on page #1906 listing your diagnosis and we share a couple. I have schizoaffective disorder (bipolar type), PTSD, DID, OCD, agoraphobia and as a result of the last ones dissociate - although not as badly these days, and have bad and regular panic attacks often to the extent where I am unable to leave the house. I can understand you are going through a lot right now and could do with some support, so I hope that you are able to find that here.

To everyone: I'm sorry I'm not around as much. It's just a bit hard to get online at the moment as the current study period is in full-swing and I'm still working out my study schedule to fit around exams and illness etc.. Certain other "unusual events" are coming into play as well unfortunately. *le sigh*

*leaves hugs and safe love and care packages for all on the table and heads out into the garden to play with Puppy SinClair*

MammaMia 16-12-2010 05:09 PM

I've another migraine, not amused :( Off to work I go. Hope it's like last night, however it has been snowing again!!! But majority didn't stick :S

Doikers 16-12-2010 05:21 PM

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Lil Sis Kahlia*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Felicia*

Doikers 16-12-2010 05:28 PM

I was so anxious/low/triggered that group sort of happened around me , I Did Not want to be there but now I'm back at my flat I don't partiulary want to be here either. Not helped by the plate that was labeled "Vegetarian" I bit into a pastry thing and it was full of some kind of fish , ACK!! , I'm sorry I'm moaning so much tonight , One . Of . Those . Days :(

misskitty112 16-12-2010 05:35 PM

*hugs Mark*
My roommate just got to go home. So now I'm in my dorm. alone.
I think I'm having one of those days too. I'm only a PM away if you need me.

PoisonedApple 16-12-2010 05:58 PM

*hugs everyone*
Quote:

That's good to hear that you are doing ok, crimson. When it comes to dinner, I say the simpler the better. -nods-
We ended up doing nachos so I didn't have to go do a ton of shopping or lots of cooking...

I always miss JK when she's in. No fair! *pouts* She was in at 140 am my time lol

*hugs Mark* sorry your days been so icky...

Hels, do you have any medicine for migraines? *turns off lights and cuddles Hels quietly*

sorry for anyone I'm missing in individual comments right now but i have to go cover the front desk... I'll be back later :)

Doikers 16-12-2010 06:14 PM

*Has bathed , Gotten into PJ bottoms and Green hoodie , Will light inscense and candles after dinner and drink plenty of water and do a bit of group homework and hang out here*

misskitty112 16-12-2010 06:24 PM

I don't like this being alone and feeling low thing.

Doikers 16-12-2010 06:28 PM

Felicia
Quote:

I don't like this being alone and feeling low thing.

I'm in the self same boat hun , I'm actually worried for my saftey a bit tonight , I may cut , I'll try and keep safe , you please try and stay safe too Felicia .

misskitty112 16-12-2010 06:35 PM

I feel ya, Mark. I'm really worried about myself today.
I may end up seeing how many of my friends are still on campus, and who wouldn't mind just sitting with me, even if they're studying and I'm on here tonight or something.

Doikers 16-12-2010 06:38 PM

That sounds like a great idea Felicia , It would be good to have a friend about .

one_step_closer 16-12-2010 06:41 PM

I'm sorry you're both feeling this way. *huge hugs* Is there anything I can do to help?

PoisonedApple 16-12-2010 06:41 PM

before you head out Mark, I have a class I have to go to all day Saturday but if you send me another PM on what type of book you're looking for (general, specific pantheon, herbalism, etc etc etc) I'll try to get on and reply Sunday (or Monday) if I can. :) Figured knowing precisely what you're looking for would help narrow it down for recommendations. Drawing down the moon by Margot Adler is a pretty common recommendation to everyone though.
*just wanted to make sure I remembered to ask and sent it before you left for the night :)

Doikers 16-12-2010 06:44 PM

Wow thanks Crimson , I'll PM after Dinner or before if I can .....oooohh excited thanks :)

Doikers 16-12-2010 07:26 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* If your around talking helps I've peaked for the night I think . I don't know what I'll do tonight but well , I hope I'll be okay . How are you Lindsay?

Doikers 16-12-2010 07:29 PM

Anyone about?

misskitty112 16-12-2010 08:05 PM

I'm here

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:10 PM

*Hugs Felicia* How are you coping tonight/today?

one_step_closer 16-12-2010 08:12 PM

I'm also here.

PsychoKitty2010 16-12-2010 08:14 PM

-hugs everyone- -pulls at her sleeves and sighs, looking down, ashamed-

Update on me: I cut. Wasn't too bad to need stitches or anything. I think my knife is getting dull. Damnit. Anyway, I'm super pissed at myself right now. I ended up cutting on my shoulder and I haven't had really any visible scars on my arms I kept them on my legs and just always wear pants, but in the summer time, I like to wear spaghetti strap shirts. UGH I am pissed at myself! I couldn't stop it... -sighs-

-waves to Kahlia- Hi. Tis nice to meet you. I'm not really new, just had to sign up for a different account because I didn't remember my user name or password. I had been away a long, long time... Hope you're doing ok. -smiles-

How are you doing now, mark? Hope you're doing better..

-cuddles and snuggles and squishes with anyone who would like-

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:18 PM

*Hugs Kitty*
I cut too , twice today . I have lit candles . Burning Clary Sage Oil which is supposed to be good for Depression .

*Hugs Lindsay*

misskitty112 16-12-2010 08:19 PM

I'm okayish right now, Mark. I'm going to meet up with some of my sorority sisters at 3, so that'll keep me distracted for a while. Then I'm gonna finish cleaning for Christmas break, and review for my three finals tomorrow. How are you doing?

*hugs Lindsay* How are you?

*Hugs Kitty* I'm sorry you cut. Maybe it won't leave a bad scar? I cut my hands earlier this week, and that's what I'm hoping for them.

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:25 PM

*Hugs Felicia* I did cut again but nowhere near as I thought I would do . I feel calm now , still low though but the anxiety has tappered off . I'll beat myself up about cutting tomorrow but I just coulden't not do it tonight .
It's good you have some people to hang out with , that'll help I hope :)

one_step_closer 16-12-2010 08:26 PM

I'm not too great. Been crying a lot and cut a little because my old "friend" who hasn't been talking to me eventually told me it's because she thinks i'm attention seeking and manipulative, as well as other things.

misskitty112 16-12-2010 08:31 PM

Mark, try not to beat yourself up about it, darling. I completely understand the "needing it" feeling. *hugs*
Lindsay, I don't think you're attention seeking or manipulative *hugs*

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:32 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* I'm sorry your "friend" was so mean to you. they had no right to make you feel crap *Squishes ya*

PsychoKitty2010 16-12-2010 08:34 PM

The only time I can cut is when my husband is not around, or passed out. So I end up cutting a lot at once. :/

I have to get going I have my counseling then some errands to run so not really sure how long I will be out. But I will return. Hopefully not everyone has left by the time I get back...

PM me if you need anything loves. -hugs everyone again- xx

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:41 PM

Should I watch a movie? , I'm kind of enjoying listening to Tori Amos and hanging out with you guys atm , But I have many many DVD's to watch, I bought them as ebay became one of my coping mechanisms and I've just recently gotten a hold over it , I've just ordered some lavender oil which is supposed to be calming , It's been entered into the will it arrive by Christmas or not? category :P

xxjuliexx 16-12-2010 08:52 PM

watch the scooby doo movie

Doikers 16-12-2010 08:59 PM

Hey Owen *Waves* I don't have the Scooby Doo Movie I'm afraid , I don't have a lot of "Nice" films , I really should buy some , I want Calamity Jane :)

Doikers 16-12-2010 09:10 PM

This is Fun , Cheesey but Fun

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnUrhptPSo[/ame]

getting_by 16-12-2010 09:21 PM

Made me smile ^^^^ thanks :)

Doikers 16-12-2010 09:23 PM

Your welcome Roli *Hugs if okay?*
Your Sig , it's a quote from a song , and I want to say Sarah Mclaughlan or Sia but can you tell me which song , I know I have it somewhere .

How are you ? Welcome to the ward , I'm Mark :)

misskitty112 16-12-2010 09:27 PM

the song is My Skin by Natalie Merchant, Mark. It's one of my faves too. :)

*waves at Roli* Heyyy! I'm Felicia!

Oooh, must go meet my sorority sisters. haha. Love ya'll!

Doikers 16-12-2010 09:29 PM

Oh thanks Felicia :) Have a nice time :)

PoisonedApple 16-12-2010 09:30 PM

*waves* Hi Roli, I'm Crimson.
*hugs everyone* *waves to Owen*
Sorry for the total absence rather than the usual sporadic ones... My monitor was going all wonky and I had to have the IT staff replace it. It was going black but not going to sleep, just going out with the power on... *shrugs* this new monitor is weird... It's wider which is cool but it's taller even down all the way its not the same. It'll take getting used to... Ah well. At least I can do my work and get on here again.

Doikers 16-12-2010 09:43 PM

Yey! for your new monitor Crimson :)

SoMuchMore 16-12-2010 10:13 PM

*hugs mark* i like your video b/c i am from the windy city they speak of lol.

*hugs crimson* even if it is hard to get used to, i'm glad you got a new monitor.

*waves to roli* hi! i'm laura! *offers welcome cookies*

*waves to owen* how r u today? can i watch a movie with you? it will give me a good finals studying break.

*hugs felicia* hope you have a good time!

*hugs kitty* hope that counseling goes alright. I might be around later if you need to talk. Depends on how much studying i get done...

2 days until freedom. 3 weeks of nothing - no work or uni. Will have to get hustling on xmas shopping though. I havent even started that yet. I am not feeling as weird as last nigh, I dunno what was going on there really, just a mood i suppose. Hope everyone stays safe. Gotta go to my final now. then only 1 more tomorrow!

MammaMia 16-12-2010 11:15 PM

What.a.****.night :/

It was busy, the way I like it. Was on the tills, again the way I like it. Couple people knew about how ill I was with the migraine. However something went wrong, then kept making mistakes in rectifying it, to the point I couldn't cope, apologised to someone who had been helping, and burst into tears in the stockroom :/ Then had to be put on a break to compose myself and bumped into one of my mangers. So poured my heart out about stuff & she was really sweet. It's amazing the amount of painkillers I've been offered tonight, felt guilty turning everyone down but I can't take them without super gagging and ****. Nearly went home early but stuck it out til the end. Just.

*hugs everybody*

MammaMia 16-12-2010 11:33 PM

*curls up and rocks*

Sorry, just found something out. Pissed off. Want to do stuff ugh.

SparkleKitten 16-12-2010 11:37 PM

*slinks in and hides in a corner*

Today ****ing sucked for arguments. AGH! I don't know what I do so wrong!

PoisonedApple 16-12-2010 11:43 PM

*hugs Hels and Sarah*
Anything either of you want to talk about?

SparkleKitten 16-12-2010 11:46 PM

Just my fiance and I had another row today over virtually nothing, and he told me to either stop bugging him or leave the room. :( All solved now but I'm so fed up of arguing with everyone :(

In good news I bought a stunning dress for Christmas and New Year.

PoisonedApple 16-12-2010 11:49 PM

ooooo new dress! do we get to see it? :D
i have no suggestions on the argument front... i end up in arguments all the flipping time.

SparkleKitten 16-12-2010 11:54 PM

I'll be posting a picture. Is a nice respectable black dress which is really posh and perfectly fitting. Only bummer is its dry clean only, but I don't care, its beautiful. Everyone else who is going to my nans on Christmas day (who is female) is dressed in such short things (http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand) is my sisters, and its even shorter on her than the model and she's 14. I dunno, there's just something more classy about a dress that ends below the knee to me

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 12:02 AM

I agree. And that dress is very short!

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 12:02 AM

*pokes* I spot you Ian!

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 12:04 AM

I was shocked my mum bought that for her, she's 14 and it barely covers her ass.

I can't find a picture of my dress online, is so beautiful and I can't find it >:(

Edit - I FOUND IT! http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/L11433012.jpg with bolero made of bottom material and pattern. :D

Cazki 17-12-2010 12:07 AM

Hey everyone, iv not been around the ward as much.

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Mark*

Hugs Crimson

*Hugs Kitty*

*Hugs Lindsay*