RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   rule change..? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186441)

mat 14-04-2012 01:00 AM

rule change..?

Can I get a rule change to justify my latest infraction??

Under illegal activity it says if its illegal in my country to not post about it unlss its a problem I'm tryingto get help for..

Well. I got infraction for suggesting smoking pot, marijuana. Sure this might get infraction just for having the word in it.. I. Am not going into me about this.. and just the fact in america, more or less states not the government are legalising marijuana as it is a medicine. Its addiction rate is arguably 14% . Safer than pills. Yet I don't get an infraction for tellin someone to get pills from a doctor but no medicinal marijuana?marijuana helps for appetite sleeping depression list goes on. Sure there's. People who abuse it but people abuse pills to.

I talked to the mod she just sassed me to look at the rules and said 3 moderators agree to infractions & to read the rules.. ryl is a british site where its british rule... well the rules say in my country, not britain. So 3 mods don't know the rules?

Dunno who to message I'm honestly done talking to the mod that manages to give me every infraction. So can you get this sorted to change my country to britain, so it would make sense on why I got infractioned... or take the infraction off.

Simply saying how marijuana is a viable treatment , isn't glamorising also. Glamorising would be , 'oh that makes you so cool when you do it' etc.

Thank you for your time.

Tig 14-04-2012 01:42 AM

Hi Mat,

I think your best bet is to bring this up with the moderators.

Take care,

Lottie.

squirrelspit 14-04-2012 01:56 AM

Hey Mat,

We have actually been discussing this amongst ourselves.

From what we can gather, weed is only legal at all in the states when prescribed. If youre telling someone to go smoke pot, without ascertaining where they are from or if it is legal there you are essentially enouraging them to break the law, which is something we dont allow at all.

We also have to consider the amount of under 16s that may view the forum and think 'i shall try that instead of visiting my doctor then', and the fact that we arent a pro site. We dont encourage anything illegal , in the same way that we wouldnt encourage people to diet or to self harm or to drink because it made them feel better.

I hope this makes sense.

mat 14-04-2012 08:43 AM

I see what you're saying.. but dudes thing said wisconsin.. pretty sure that isn't a sub city of britain. I'm not saying go see a drug dealer.. doctor man perscribes the card to get what you need. I'm pretty sure you can be 16 & get it to.

I do get I come off different than how I try to come off. I guess its my wording.. I get it a lot. Trying to work on it haha :x.

But in honesty I don't smoke weed. And with the craze of pain pills etc these days abusing scrpits.. marijuana is a good substitute to pills. I think people should be more accepting to that, and talk to your congress about getting it legalised. It doesn't control you like pills , I've met people addicted to pain pills.. they found a 'strain' of pot that works with their back pain and they have stopped pain pills. Idk... I'm pretty open so I guess I don't feel the same way towards things as other people.

What do u mean pro? Its just a subject that was brought up in a thread , it didn't get a whole section its not a marijuana site I get that. I don't tell many people to do much, or recomend much to anyone. I'm usually in the drug forum helping others(which I'm sure some people might look down on but **** 'em)I just.. its in america a viable option of treatment and not illegal persay. I cannot control if a brit stumbles upon an american suggesting to another american that.. and if anything.. its medicine. Gettng butt hurt over someone suggesting it, should cause the same amount of butt hurtedness when someone mentions getting anti depressant pills for depression. Like for real it doesn't make sense.

FabulousMike 14-04-2012 02:24 PM

Mat, I think you might find pot can control you, I had a somewhat hard time stopping smoking it...

Also a good subsitute to pain pills in nothing, it's not good replacing one evil with another.

Anyways, pointless post over.

squirrelspit 14-04-2012 03:52 PM

*shrug* it works both ways. I think a lot of the time people dont properly read what youre trying to say so theres a bit of a communication break down.

The thing about RYL is that there are a lot of super sensitive people that are easily affected by what they read. If you had included in your original posts about prescription cards and such it would have read as far more proper than 'hell, smoke pot if you need to'.

I dont think i can say much regarding your comments about the benefits of smoking. As a moderator my activity on the site is based on the rules we have set down rather than my personal opinion a lot of the time.

Ninja Orange 14-04-2012 11:29 PM

I agree with the essence of the OP, without commenting on the actual content of the post: it is true that a lot of the rules need to be reworded, and generally tidied up. A lot of them are very unclear, and all over the place.

squirrelspit 14-04-2012 11:31 PM

we are working on it trust me.

We just need to admin powers to impliment it.

LemonTangWang 15-04-2012 05:27 PM

It remains illegal under federal law so regardless of your own state laws the infraction would still apply.

Don't get me wrong I could be called a poster child of sorts for the medicinal effects of marijuana and I wouldn't condemn its use medicinally or recreationally, but much like prescription medicines in the wrong hands it can do more harm than good.
Not to mention the often nefarious characters one has to go through to acquire it in the first place and the large pre 16 age group on this site.

HopeRises 15-04-2012 09:25 PM

Personally I think it's bad advice and the infraction is right..I don't care if it's legal or not in your country but as LemonTangWang has pointed out, it's federal law.

Reason I think it's bad is because anyone could be reading it and could act upon that advice. I've had a hard time in my life because I smoked when I was younger. Also, because here you can't go to the drs and get prescribed marijuana you never know what your truely getting which can be really dangerous..also in the UK, Lots of people are turning to 'legal highs' at the moment and getting seriously ill and lots of these 'drugs' have caused fatalities so I think the encouragement of drug use, illegal or not is wrong.

BUT equally I agree with Ninja that lots of the rules need rephrasing but I can appreciate that the mods are working on it!

#{null} 17-04-2012 12:47 AM

Also
RYL is ran on servers hosted in England. This means that it is under British laws.
The same way is how some pirate sites have managed to stay up for a long time because what they did was not illegal in their country, but America would try to shut them down but couldnt.
This means that when it states illegal, it means illegal in England because that is what RYL could get sued or prosecuted ect for being pro drugs if we let you talk about them.

mat 17-04-2012 11:21 AM

Sure its a friggin brit server but read the rule family... 'in my counttry'.

And honestly, if smoking weed kept someone from hurting themself , 'hell go smoke some weed' isn't that bad of advice. Cut or smoke weed.... id hope cutters would agree on the go smoke weed cause cutting just messes u up more. No offence.

Bigmike its not really a lesser of 2 evils, unless that is how you want to make it. If it helps you its not really evil, I would think.... getting off paxil is harder than getting off weed. Er opiates or whatever pill you take. Marijuana is just a plant , not a pill. U can even get them in pills if you really wanted too..

And ya rule says in my country. It doesn't state a word about britain. One suggesting it, doesn't turn the site into pro anything.. with half the med questions you can find on this site.. surprised its not 'pro' drugs as u put it already.. but my whole intent was just to keepp the mother****er from cutting. Which I won't try to do again.

State-federal... states passed. That's the taxpayers. They voted to pass it. Federal government could do something about it but they really are not other than cracking down on dispensaries 1000ft within a school. There is more dispensaries in my town than liquor stores & starbucks combined.. if you can imagine.. But that's why I feel atleast americans should feel ok to talk about it. Its only as bad as ignorant people make it.

The One Who 17-04-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat (Post 3197271)
And honestly, if smoking weed kept someone from hurting themself , 'hell go smoke some weed' isn't that bad of advice. Cut or smoke weed.... id hope cutters would agree on the go smoke weed cause cutting just messes u up more. No offence.

Cutting will harm your skin, smoking will harm your brain. Both are permanent, but I know which one I'd choose.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 17-04-2012 11:53 AM

Agree with Claire.

FabulousMike 17-04-2012 12:25 PM

If you want to smoke weed by all means go and do it, but it's really not good advice for a site like this.

It's just not needed, well I don't think so anyways.

HopeRises 17-04-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One Who (Post 3197279)
Cutting will harm your skin, smoking will harm your brain. Both are permanent, but I know which one I'd choose.

I totally agree, Damaging your brain isn't fun.

MissAnonymous 17-04-2012 06:30 PM

Smoking pot can induce life long bouts of psychosis, anxiety, paranoia and terribly poor concentration. I've seen it in patients in hospital, some will never fully recover. For the majority of people cutting is superficial rather than effecting the vital organs. Its certainly not preferable for anyone with a probably already very vulnerable mental health inferred by the fact they want to cut in the first place. Even if it wasnt against the rules, it certainly is against common sense.

ferretmonster 17-04-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAnonymous (Post 3197728)
Smoking pot can induce life long bouts of psychosis, anxiety, paranoia and terribly poor concentration. I've seen it in patients in hospital, some will never fully recover. For the majority of people cutting is superficial rather than effecting the vital organs. Its certainly not preferable for anyone with a probably already very vulnerable mental health inferred by the fact they want to cut in the first place. Even if it wasnt against the rules, it certainly is against common sense.

THIS

Tig 17-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissAnonymous (Post 3197728)

I totally agree. What I have seen in hospital, it's just awful and I know it to have been drug-induced.

offlineforever 17-04-2012 09:55 PM

I agree with everyone, especially on the clarity of rules and all that jazz!

But isn't it against site rules to discuss infractions in a visable place in the forum? Or is this also another rule that needs tweaking?