RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 15-05-2010 08:00 AM

*walks over to silentgirl, puts an arm around her and offers tissues*

*hugs Nicole*

*disappears into a dark corner somewhere, sits down, rocks back and forth and chants "it can't rain all the time"*

silentgirl 15-05-2010 08:52 AM

"hugs Kahlia1981"ty for the tissues and the hug.
How are you going honey?
ty mouse in darkness. how are you?

mouse in darkness 15-05-2010 09:55 AM

Hi silentgirl- *hugs* Hiding in the arcade section.
Hihiheee

Kahlia-*Hugs*

Well my housemate finally got home. YAY am not sure what I feel now. She not look to well gotta go.

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 09:56 AM

*curls up*

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 10:42 AM

noone around...
cousre noones around it's either a friday or a saturday night and everyone has a life but me

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:22 AM

RYL is my life.

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:25 AM

Dragged myself out of bed , Thought about life and promptly ploped back into bed . Finally got myself up at 10.30am ish , feel so lazy , I jst can't motivate myself . *Waves hello to depression* *Sigh*

*Hugs to all who need them *
*Waves at Owen*

I read through all the nighttime posts , I'm sorry so many of us are struggling *Group hug*
Helen , I'm glad your friend is ok :)
Umm , time for a walk I think , try and shake my mood with fresh air , sorry I didn't do individual replies .

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:27 AM

I hope your walk helps Mark. *hugs*

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:28 AM

i am ok promise
The following content has been hidden - Reason : ..
-shakes head-

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:28 AM

RYL is pretty much my life too Lindsay . you ok?

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:29 AM

*Hugs Julie*

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:31 AM

I came so close to suicide on Thursday that it scared me. I feel like I have been through a trauma. I went to A&E but they basically told me to go and kill myself. I then phoned the crisis team and they told me to watch TV.

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:34 AM

Oh Lindsay :( *Gentle Hugs* Do you want to talk to me about it ?

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2297212)
I came so close to suicide on Thursday that it scared me. I feel like I have been through a trauma. I went to A&E but they basically told me to go and kill myself. I then phoned the crisis team and they told me to watch TV.

ah... the tv the magic cure for everything (note scracsem at them not at u)

Louise 15-05-2010 11:37 AM

*leaves hugs*

I spend a lot of time on RYL

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:38 AM

Yeah, I don't understand why they think that TV will make someone stop thinking about suicide.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Possibly triggering
I went to a train station and sat watching the trains. I almost jumped. Luckily (or unluckily) I thought about my brother so I went for help. I don't know why no one wants to help me though. Everyone is getting annoyed with me asking for help. I came home and self harmed to stay alive.

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:43 AM

Oh Lindsay:( I so Glad you didn't jump and that you thought about your brother at that moment .
I'm sorry you S.I.ed but thats way better than the alternative even though its far from good I understand , however are you wounds ok ? have you kept them clean ? sorry

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:46 AM

Yes, my wounds are fine. Thank you for your support.

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2297221)
Yeah, I don't understand why they think that TV will make someone stop thinking about suicide.

because apartently the tv is magic...:crazy: yea...
i'm glad ur still alive ur really nice and deserve help

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:46 AM

Julie whats up?

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:49 AM

nothing we r fine

hey ur not allowed in here ur not nice to people...

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:50 AM

Lindsay, I'm so sorry you can't seem to get the support that you deserve and so obviously need , I'll try and help out if I can , although I'm bad at advice... I'm worried about you tbh , do you have any suicidal plans right now? Sorry to pry I'm just concerned :S

Louise 15-05-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2297221)

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Possibly triggering
I went to a train station and sat watching the trains. I almost jumped. Luckily (or unluckily) I thought about my brother so I went for help. I don't know why no one wants to help me though. Everyone is getting annoyed with me asking for help. I came home and self harmed to stay alive.

You deserve help, so glad you did not jump in front of the train.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxjuliexx (Post 2297239)
because apartently the tv is magic...:crazy: yea...
i'm glad ur still alive ur really nice and deserve help

How are you?

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:52 AM

our head head hurts switching to much

Louise 15-05-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxjuliexx (Post 2297247)
nothing we r fine

hey ur not allowed in here ur not nice to people...

*hugs* you are safe in here

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:52 AM

Mark, I don't have any concrete plans, i'll be ok. I've to phone the crisis team tomorrow so hopefully they will have some better advice this time.

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxjuliexx (Post 2297253)
our head head hurts switching to much

Is there a way that you can slow things down?

Louise 15-05-2010 11:54 AM

I hope they do Lindsay

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 11:55 AM

-sits-not moving i stay till julie back not moving

Doikers 15-05-2010 11:55 AM

Okay Lindsay . I hope you get some decent advice tommorow , *HUG*

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 12:07 PM

i hope the same as marky

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 12:21 PM

and now everyone is gone again

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 12:27 PM

I'm back. How are you doing Julie?

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 12:30 PM

-points to self- owen green mean owen typing

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 12:31 PM

How are you Owen?

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 12:36 PM

we r sore so i'm not moving

Doikers 15-05-2010 12:53 PM

Ugh , well that was unpleasant , went for a walk , was ok until I popped into a crowded supermarket , Had a mini anxiety attack because of the crowds, had to rush straight back to my flat and take a Diaz:( am all anxious , mind racing :(

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 12:55 PM

anything i can do mark

Scarletdreamer 15-05-2010 12:57 PM

*cuddles all who want cuddles, and waves at those who don't*

Lindsay, so glad that you didn't jump. :( You deserve better and bugger those who think that you don't deserve help. They're idiots. Have you thought about going to Mercy Ministries? (sorry it's been on my mind a lot lately) - free residential treatment for all sorts of things, and it seems like things have gotten serious enough for you that it would be good. There's a place in the UK but forget where it is... :-/ Just a thought. I dunno. Probably a stupid thought but I am worried about you... *holds you gently*

Kahlia, so glad that you, as well, did not go through with your plan. *holds you gently as well* Things will be okay... things will look up. Aren't you and your housemate looking to move where there is better healthcare? I thought you'd mentioned that awhile back. Just wondering.

Hels, glad your friend is okay!! Worry like that is never good... :(

Nicole/MID, glad that your housemate got in touch with you. What a terrifying thing for a 15 year old to go through... hopefully she'll be able to get some sort of response prevention type treatment... because otherwise I can see her developing PTSD (who couldn't?!). How are you doing now??

Mark, hope the walk helps you feel better. They usually help clear the mind... so I hope that it works for you. You deserve feeling better than you do most of the time - all of you do!! *squishes*

Owen, sorry that you've been switching so much... how are you doing, and how is Julie?

Sorry if I've missed anyone who posted overnight - there were three and a half pages of posts since I went to bed, lol, so sorry... :o

I'm doing okay. Really tired. Hate being tired. :( We're going over to one of Jarrod's friend's houses for a grill-out today. I'm nervous about that as they get caught up in talking "guy stuff" and I don't have anything to talk about. Or we watch a movie and I can't focus on it because I'm **** at concentrating on something if I'm not doing something with my hands. I'll probably end up SI'ing or something. I don't know. :'(

Thanks for the responses last night, guys... I talked with Jarrod and as hard as it would be he is willing to let me apply to any program I want to, including the free 12+ month one. Ugh. I don't think I would like that very much... being away that long... but it's only 2 states away so I would feel closer to him than I would if I applied to Mercy Ministries. But I really don't know...

:crying:

Doikers 15-05-2010 01:00 PM

I just need to calm my mind Owen ,Thankyou for the offer .

April , Please try not to S.I. later on, I know how awful it is to not be able to concentrate *Hugs*

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 01:04 PM

-gives mark lavender-

Doikers 15-05-2010 01:06 PM

Thankyou for the lavender Owen:)

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 01:10 PM

help owen sleep relaxing smells nice

Doikers 15-05-2010 01:14 PM

Oh cool , thankyou so much Owen , *Smells the lavender to help his mind calm*

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 01:14 PM

i sleep now

Doikers 15-05-2010 01:18 PM

Night Owen :)

xxjuliexx 15-05-2010 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
specail lavander pillow see

Doikers 15-05-2010 01:21 PM

Ohh , Cool , I want one ! :)

one_step_closer 15-05-2010 01:40 PM

Lavender smells lovely.

Kahlia1981 15-05-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2297212)

Lindsay: This ^^ is the treatment I, and numerous other psych patients, receive from our local, and only available, inpatient, community and crisis mental health services. I was refused admission to hospital once on the grounds that I had a "close relationship to my family" so they would be able to stop me committing suicide as family is a strong protective factor. I had to explain to the team that this was inappropriate due to a lack of physical contact through my family being in an area of Australia that was removed from myself and had no access via phone or email. They then told me to go home and watch TV or listen to music as the suicidal ideation, thoughts and plans would disappear.

April: Yes, my housemate and I are intending to move to get better healthcare. Unfortunately we have been forced to delay our move in order to get a more sound financial backing. My god-daughter destroying my computer monitor and my friends refusal to pay for it, and also for the dinner that she and her children enjoyed at my expense that she agreed to pay for on our trip to Cairns, has left me $500 out of pocket, and set us back approximately 4 fortnights on our Brisbane fund. *sigh*

Life goes on. The mood is still very low. The suicidal thoughts are still very high. My housemate is now very aware of them. He is concerned, and we are working hard to keep me out of the hospital. We are also working hard to keep him out of the hospital, because they will tar him with the same brush. It will always be a case of "guilty by association" with that hospital.

*sigh*