RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

nowhereman 01-02-2011 11:50 PM

I'm reading the latest house of night book, Awakened. And as I found out earlier so is milkshakedoll lol.

Serenade 02-02-2011 01:34 AM

I read much (most probably too much) at once so I shall name a couple;

Someone said they were reading Fear and Loathing, freaking amazingly disorientating yet somehow poignant book!

1984 by Orwell again
Living Wild, Bear Grylls
Dreamcatcher, Stephen King
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dahl (again)
Some haunting myths and legends shiz too :-)

BridgesAndBalloons 02-02-2011 01:45 AM

Fear and Loathing is just awesome :-)

I'm reading Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz, it's hardback and it was only £3.99 from The Works so I thought why not, it's pretty good so far, not got very far into it yet though.

Serenade 02-02-2011 02:50 AM

It is crazily perfect xD

I am reading a Koontz atm actually, By The Light Of The Moon or something I think, never been able to get into his stuff yet!

Broken Hallelujah 02-02-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancintrulife (Post 2683736)
I'm reading the latest house of night book, Awakened. And as I found out earlier so is milkshakedoll lol.

I read that one when it came out loved it :)

I'm reading fallen by Lauren kate took a while to get into it.

Has anyone read Sookie Stackhouse? I just ordered the 10 book set :P

risenfromperdition 02-02-2011 03:26 AM

read heart of darkness for class... think would of iked it more if had read on my own.
currently reading the secret scripture which someone here reccommended
and have to read mrs dalloway this week for next week's class

Marie Musique 02-02-2011 05:10 AM

I started reading 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' a few days ago, and I plan on re-reading 'A Separate Peace' sometime soon. I'm also trying to get through 'Don Quixote,' which is taking way longer than expected.

ChocolateMarvel 03-02-2011 12:15 AM

I recently read 3 Martina Cole books and consequently had some messed up dreams but they were well good books!!! 'Faceless', 'Dangerous Lady' and 'Maura's Game'.

silentdancer 04-02-2011 10:36 AM

jusyt finished reading -sometimes i act crazy
very good!

TinkerDebs 04-02-2011 09:55 PM

reading the bone garden by tess gerritsen - she is EPIC

and for a little light relief from things i am also plowinig through micheal mcintyres autobiography 'life and laughing' :D - ratnher amusing

MunchBox 04-02-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkerDebs (Post 2687298)
reading the bone garden by tess gerritsen - she is EPIC

I was thinking of buying that :)

I'm still trying to read American Psycho, I've read a couple of chapters within two months but I haven't been able to read any more unfortunately, I haven't had the energy these days.

Serenade 05-02-2011 01:20 AM

I've thought of reading AP a few times, is it by Ellis? I absolutely love Bale in the movie, he is fantastic and the concept really drags me in so I may keep it in mind, please let me know how you find it :-D

Leo Pard 05-02-2011 07:27 PM

Now I am reading Eagle Day along with my pile of books I was already reading and I have just finished The Escape. Both by Robert Muchamore, the Henderson's Boy's series. I stole one of his books from the Cherub series off my brother years ago and loved it so much I bought all the rest, and then I bought the Henderson's Boys ones too. :]
Yeah, reading books for 8 year old boys makes me way cool.

MunchBox 05-02-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenade (Post 2687571)
I've thought of reading AP a few times, is it by Ellis? I absolutely love Bale in the movie, he is fantastic and the concept really drags me in so I may keep it in mind, please let me know how you find it :-D

Yep, it is. I haven't watched the film, I figured I should read the book first for once, although right now watching it seems easier..but no, I will finish the book then watch the film :)

Broken Hallelujah 06-02-2011 03:58 AM

Just started Fallens sequeal Tormented :)

one_step_closer 06-02-2011 05:46 PM

Borderline Personality Disorder Demstified - Robert Friedel.

[Desolation.] 06-02-2011 06:15 PM

Scarred - Julia Hoban

Eyesore 06-02-2011 07:09 PM

Just read Westerbork Girl... Really liked it...(think it's a dutch book though)

Siouxsie 08-02-2011 09:04 AM

Currently reading Violet & Claire <3

PaleMoon 15-02-2011 06:38 PM

Trying (and failing) to get through Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice.

It's a good story, and I do like it, but the writing is so flowery and complicated that I sometimes find that I've read an entire paragraph and don't understand what she's trying to say.

Still, it's a vampire classic. I'll get through it eventually :)