RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Survival - The Plumeria FAMILY (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107)

Margo 26-04-2007 09:08 PM

Survival - The Plumeria FAMILY

WE are the PLUMERIA FAMILY - NON Gender, belief, or in any way shape or means discriminatory --- all may join who find a chord struck in their heart when they read this......

Now let me explain the Plumeria part. The Plumeria is a tree that grows here. It blossoms w/ beautiful fragrant flowers which can come in many colours. When it is covered w/ leaves and blossoms it is something to behold. But it is also very sensitive to weather changes. If it isn't humid enough or there isn't enough rain or sun it has no leaves at all. The branches shrivel and it honestly looks like it should be cut down and fed to the chipper. But that would be a terrible mistake because inside it is still very much alive and w/ the slightest change it will look just as glorious again.

I think a lot of us are like that - there are times when we feel all used up. Outside we look lifeless and it seems impossible that we will ever feel good again. But like the Plumeria tree we just need patience - even the slightest change can make us green and healthy again w/ beautiful flowers.

So what do you have to do to be a Plumeria? Nothing special -- no dues, no fancy dress dinners, no exclusive club - everyone is welcome.

You just have to remember the Plumeria tree - have patience and trust that you will grow and bloom again when times are bad and you feel like you are all used up... And help others to believe it about themselves.

Avatar: Lava entering the ocean -
From destruction, creation.
--------------------
Plumeria 4 life
(lovingly posted by our very dear Nailz)

Margo 17-05-2007 12:07 AM

Thank you nailz! beautiful and inspiring as ever!!!

Queen Crabbit 17-05-2007 05:12 PM

IT GOT STICKIED!

(Y)

TouchVanDerBoom 04-06-2007 02:44 AM

Yay, the Plumeria thread lives on! Hello fellow leafies!

Kangaroo 04-06-2007 03:54 PM

thats was such a nice thing to say. thank you

hammy 05-06-2007 02:44 PM

this thread is good xxx

toothpaste 06-06-2007 12:33 AM

..wow thats beautiful

bobidrawpictures 06-06-2007 01:36 AM

that is (i new i should have read threads more on version2) wow aww it made me tearful but in a joyful way needed that tonight

Sharloid. 06-06-2007 02:01 AM

... errr... what?
Why would that strike a cord in anyones heart?
I don't get it.
:(

bobidrawpictures 06-06-2007 02:03 AM

the whole 'have patience and trust that you will grow and bloom again when times are bad and you feel like you are all used up... And help others to believe it about themselves.' refering as i got it to how you will bloom- sorry i sometimes read too much into things but thats what i got from it

Lora 06-06-2007 10:18 AM

why thankyou :) im glad the thread lives on

Accidentally Abstract 06-06-2007 11:34 AM

Awh this is all cute and stuffs!

*Joins the Plumeria family* =]

x

*keeley* 06-06-2007 08:31 PM

i like it!
:)
thanks for posting
*joins*
im a tree :)

Auburn Shadow 06-06-2007 08:38 PM

*joins the family*

I needed this tonight. Thanks for moving it over, Matt.

Spacegirlnz 07-06-2007 10:23 AM

Awwwh. That's so sweet. *joins family*

princesskaytie-leigh 07-06-2007 02:06 PM

Are we still all putting it in our sigs? I have it in mine.

Taff 07-06-2007 03:42 PM

Right.... I think i've said this before on RYL, but.... Out of all the threads i've read, this is....certainly one of them.

Ileana 15-06-2007 02:42 AM

Glad it's stickied. I liked this one.

pea soup 24-06-2007 11:52 AM

needed to read this today.
thank you nailz for writing it and matt for crossing it over!!!
much love.
xx

nailz 27-06-2007 01:57 AM

Thank you -- I feel honored. But the real message here is not about an individual -- it is about us all, not giving up and supporting those who need it when it is needed...

I like to look into natures mirror to find solutions to the problems that I am having -- I find the Plumeria tree to be an example of nature. It does not give up when the going is hard - it hangs on til the climate changes and bursts forth in glory. We can do that too, with practice and encouragement from others.