RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 07:24 AM

OMFG that reaction irks me as well !! And I fully understand what you mean about not being able to tell your housemate ... I get the same way. My gut instinct is that maybe if it's possible you should write something down for your housemate (perhaps with an added caveat of don't you dare ask me why I didn't tell you - just kidding) which would avoid that having to do things personally immediately. Idk if it would help, just a suggestion ... feel free to take it or leave it as you wish.

Heh ... one of the pdocs here is just so full of snide and supercilious comments. He is of the "if they SI then all they can have is BPD which is not a real illness" breed. Sorry to anyone sufferring from BPD, that isn't my opinion on the illness, but a common one shared among the psych community here. He really gets my goat. Mind you, having said that ... I have renamed the pdocs at the hospital here. One of them I will only call by his first name ... which he really hates. I believe that I told him once that calling him "Dr x" would assume that I had some respect for him, and since I didn't I wouldn't waste the energy or breath calling him that. One of the others I call Dr Death. I have been known to call him that when talking to the nursing staff and also to his face. He isn't really all that bad but I'm pretty sure that death is sitting in his office every day waiting for him to carc it.

Seriously though, if you are either going to be a GP or a pdoc you need to have at least a little respect for both the emotions of those you are going to treat and the truthfullness [please excuse my disgusting spelling] of the person sitting across the desk from you.

Would you like me to get off my soapbox now lol.

Damnation. 06-01-2009 07:27 AM

Wtfs, since when has BPD not been real?! Christ almighty, you've got to wonder how some of these people actually got their jobs ._.;;. So go on then, if it's not a real illness, allegedly, what does he think it is? *Half expecting the reply to be 'a figment of the imagination' or something*

<__<;; We should revolt against the bastardly doctors

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 07:41 AM

That was kind of what my calling him by his first name was the start of. He can't be my pdoc when I'm IP though unless my private pdoc says he can. My pdoc knows the interactions and atmosphere between me and that doctor. I would not be surprised if "a figment of their imagination" was exactly his response ... I think it just means "put the person in the too hard basket so that we don't have to treat them" to them ... could of course be wrong. A long time ago they gave me the BPD dx and then started refusing treatments and refusing to actually take me seriously when I started having hallucinations and so forth because he had put me down as (and I quote) "BPD with a tendency towards compulsive lying and severe attention seeking behaviour". My father cracked the shits because I was getting more and more unwell and none of the public doctors were doing anything about it - some of them went so far as to tell me that I was getting my symptoms out of textbooks - and put in a ministerial injunction. We got a full copy of my hospital records (all 5 volumes) and I got two seperate private assessments. Initially the head of the psych ward (who I do actually respect to some degree even if I don't like him) couldn't give me a dx. He took a half hour to decide that he would have to agree with the previous doctors because he couldn't get deep enough ... [As a side note, I saw him before being given ECT this year and he had definitely changed his mind to a dx of schizoaffective disorder (bipolar type)]. The private pdoc said it was definitely not BPD and my parents decided that I needed a private pdoc because the public system "were too busy greasing each others palms".

Sorry Dayna ... I got a little carried away there. It's been simply ages since I've really allowed myself to even think about that time, let alone have a good old-fashioned rant about it. I'll try and keep that under control from now on however.

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 07:43 AM

Oh, can we burn them at the stake ?? Lol. Idk why but that has always sounded like fun. I do realise that it's a terrible way to die, but maybe that is what makes it so enticing for someone like the pdocs in the hospital here ...

Damnation. 06-01-2009 07:44 AM

Jesus Christ, that's terrible >__<

But obviously don't feel you have to keep quiet about it. I mean, isn't part of the point of this place to rant n get stuffs off your chest? As for burning at the stake, sounds good to me XD

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 07:58 AM

Yay *dances insanely around ward*. We're going to have a burning. I'll start collecting my kindling, lighters and so forth. LOL.

Thanks for reading my rant by the way Dayna ... I think you are right and RYL is good for getting rants out and stuff off your chest ... I just get a little worried about massively talking down the hospital in case it stops someone else from going in for help. That could just be the way my mind works though.

Damnation. 06-01-2009 08:00 AM

Wooo! *Dances with*

No need to thank me. And yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Ah crap. I'd write a longer reply, but firstly, my mind's just died on me, and secondly, it's 7am, meaning I've got to get to bed. Anyways, you take care, stay safe and stuffs, and I'll do the same. See you tomorrows, if you're on *waves*

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 08:03 AM

Okay Dayna. Have a good days sleep. :D Stay safe!

mouse in darkness 06-01-2009 11:03 AM

*Pokes head out of denial tent "yeah company" jumps out giving hugs*

As Kalia knows we both share the same feelings about that particula individual (sorry can't say it or I migt say something I will regret) and others. Can I join in on the roasting please?:-D

*Hands out chocolate and hugs. Goes back into denial tent*

Hope all are well

Accidentally Abstract 06-01-2009 11:17 AM

I'm literally looking on the megabus website & looking at random places to go just to get out.
& I don't know why or what my plan is or if I intend to go or if I do, cmoe back.
Oh fun, hahahaha.
x

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 11:29 AM

Lucy, I hope you are going okay there. I kinda know that feeling. Please try to hang in there darl.

Accidentally Abstract 06-01-2009 12:10 PM

Mm. 's'fine.

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:33 PM

*sends hugs around*

Lucy - what's the megabus [please excuse my ignorance]

Kahlia - I read your rant about the doctors and I agree it's frustrating when those who are expected to treat you have biases that preclude them from properly helping you... ugh! I'm fortunate to have a great GP; but I've known people who haven't [for physical illnesses too] and it's crappy.

Dayna - hope you have a good sleep. I think Kahlia had a good idea about writing stuff down.... let us know how things go.

Emma - how are you doing - did you end up going to A&E?

How is everyone else doing? I was going to list names of recent people in here, but in fear that I'd miss someone, i'm just leaving it general.. hope everyone is well.

--

it's morning again, so that means I'm feeling relatively stable. My first day back at work wasn't as bad as I had feared, though it exhausted me and then ended up watching a movie that triggered me... so that wasn't good. Hoping today will be a good day....

take care everyone

zowie 06-01-2009 12:46 PM

I was an idiot yesterday.
I felt hungry so I had a mini pizza (not meant to have more than one meal a day so there's part one of me being an idiot) with some dip.
I think the dip was out of date because I feel really sick now and my stomach really hurts.

I know I need a bath and I need to change my clothes but gawd why are such simple things so hard? x

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:52 PM

*hugs Zowie* it's frustrating when simple things are hard... can you try breaking it into steps... sometimes that works for me.... like maybe getting up, then deciding what to wear, then showering, etc.

mouse in darkness 06-01-2009 12:56 PM

Ravyn hope your day goes well, am glad to hear that your first day back was ok.

Lucy Hope you are ok. I understand what you are going through and I hope that you can hold on and stay strong.

Zowie sorry you feel unwell. Hope you stomach pain eases

*Hugs and hot chocolate for everyone*

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:58 PM

How are you doing Nicole? Thanks for the encouragement and hot chocolate! *hugs back*

Snuffles 06-01-2009 01:04 PM

I really wanna do something...

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:06 PM

what do you want to do Katie?

Snuffles 06-01-2009 01:08 PM

Anything *sniff*

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:10 PM

*hugs and cuddles Katie* could you go for a walk or go visit someone?

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:13 PM

*leaves hugs for everyone*

I'm off to do chores and go to work.. take care everyone, talk to you later.

mouse in darkness 06-01-2009 02:24 PM

Ravyn am realy glad that you are doing ok and that things are improving. Well if I said how I was truly feeling I might make people worried so I really can't do that. Glad you enjoyed the hot chocolate. *Hugs you back* I realy needed the hug thank you. Have fun at work.

Katie hope you are ok and you find something constructive to do that makes you feel a bit better.

*Builds denial tent over a bed and hides under it crying*:-(

Accidentally Abstract 06-01-2009 05:18 PM

The megabus is like a double decker bus which pretends it's a coach & is really cheap. [megabus.com]

I'm in a random city. I'm staying in a random hotel tonight. I can't afford any of this. I needed to get out. I lied to my mum. I'm not going to have internet from 10 minutes time until I get home tomorrow, assuming I do get home if Ihave money to get there.

God, what am I doing here? =\

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:27 PM

Lucy please be careful. This doesn't sound like a fantastic idea sweetie. What city are you going too? *hugs*

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:47 PM

*cuddles Katie* how are you feeling now? Did you manage to get out? Hope you are ok x

*offers Nicole a tissue and safe hugs* Here if you want to talk at all.

How are you Ravyn? Enjoying the chores :P x

Dayna- I hope you are feeling a bit better when you wake up. PM box is always open x

*leaves hugs, soft toys and hot chocolate/icecream for Kahlia, Jem, Katrica and anyone else I have missed*

------------

Couldn't face a+e. Got dressed and everything but realised I couldn't do it and have gone back to bed. I suck.

Eclectica 06-01-2009 05:48 PM

*Hugs everyone*

Feeling so insecure, triggered and sad... :[

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:49 PM

Sorry you are feeling bad Katrica *hugs* Do you want to talk about it?

Eclectica 06-01-2009 05:54 PM

It's stupid really...

I delevoped MPD/Schiz (runs in the family and I developed it about 7 months ago) and only my mum seemed to believe me until I went to see a psych and got diagnosed (more or less), maybe just before that. All seems fine now but I'm still very insecure about it around others. It's getting me down I guess.

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 06:01 PM

That sucks. Have people reacted better since you were officially diagnosed? There will always be some idiots who chose to ignore the obvious or don't believe in mental illness. Please try not to let it get you down though hun.

Eclectica 06-01-2009 06:10 PM

They're both great friends and I could see why they'd think such, but it seems ok now... I think. I'm pretty sure. But still that bit of doubt.

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 06:12 PM

Hopefully in time their attitude and support will convince you that it is ok. The doubt will fade eventually although I appreciate that doesn't help how you are feeling now.

Eclectica 06-01-2009 06:16 PM

Well one of my best friends seems really supportive n stuff about it, but yea. I'm just being silly kinda thing.

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 06:31 PM

*Hugs Nicole* - if you need to let it out, feel free to pm me.. i may worry, but I'd rather worry than have something eating away at you.. if you know what I mean...

Lucy - You may not be able to get this anymore.. but please try and stay safe.. hope you get home ok.

Emma - thanks for checking in - chores went well.. just putting my horses out in the field for the day. *hugs* sometimes it's hard to get out.. you got dressed and made the effort in that sense... there's something... how are you doing now?

Katrica - *offers hugs* that sucks that people weren't supportive at first.. hope things get better for you with your friends.. it may just take time if they're not used to dealing with mental illness [not that it is right, but it sometimes is that way]

Katie - how are you doing now?

*Hugs to everyone else*

Just on my lunch break right now, so I thought I'd check in..

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 09:15 PM

Ravyn- Not sure tbh. Struggling with temptation to get drunk and SI. My housemate convinced me to go out for a bit with him which distracted me for a while, but yeah. My friend jokingly hit me and on the area I SI'd and it has sort of split open again and not sure what to do :(

How are you doing?

Damnation. 06-01-2009 10:44 PM

*Yawns and crawls in* I'd say 'morning', but...I'm several hours too late =B.

Emma: x_o I still say you ought to go to A&E, and get your cuts seen too properly, especially if it's split open again. Better to be safe than sorry, no?

Lucy: o.o It's best to get home soon as you can. I know you said you needed to get out of there, but really, spending money you don't have's only gonna make things worse D:

*Sneaks over to Nicole and hugs*

Ravyn: Glad to hear that work was okay, and hope you managed to ignore the triggeredness D:

Kat: It's understandable that you're having doubts, but really, even if you're not so sure you can talk to him, I'm here, as are the rest of us on RYL, you know? <3

Actually not doing too bad, today. Went to bed in a good mood, and ... woke up in one as well o.o;;. Faltered a bit once or twice and started to feel a bit meh, but for the most part, I've actually been okay! Even better, all the triggeredness I felt before I cheered up last night - ignored! No SI-ing for me yesterday! Let's see if I can make it two days in a row ;o

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 11:07 PM

Well done Danya thats great! Glad you are doing better.

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 11:08 PM

And I know logically that you are right, I really do. I just can't make myself atm. I might ring my GP tomorrow and get an appointment with the nurse or something.

Damnation. 06-01-2009 11:09 PM

Emma: Thank youuu ^___^. And hm, well I guess making an appointment would be better than doing nothing

Mary Anne 06-01-2009 11:29 PM

Can somone please stop the world, I want to get off.

If anyone has a spare cuddle I really need one.

*curls up in a ball on the floor*

sorry, hope everyone is safe *hugs*

Damnation. 06-01-2009 11:30 PM

*Hugs Mary Anne muchly*

Snuffles 06-01-2009 11:31 PM

HI guys.. I'm ok. Thought I'd just go to bed, was pretty tired.

*cuddles everyone*

Feeling ok. Might have a break from here for a few days. Just am getting too triggered by ED stuff... am scared I'm going to relapse.. though I think I'm slowly on the way there >_< Take care everyone ok. I'm really sorry *cuddles* Hope I can be around more soon =)

Eclectica 06-01-2009 11:33 PM

*Hugs all*

And yea, it's always best to get injuries checked out. If left they could get severely infected (like I was silly enough to do and cuoldn't walk ._.)

Mary Anne 06-01-2009 11:43 PM

Thanks for the cuddles, having the worst time just now, just can't see myself ever feeling better.

I second Katrica's comment - get injuries checked, most of us have probably not got one seen at some point and suffered the consequences (it is funny now but wasn't at the time, not si related at all - i broke my leg aged 12 and didn't get it seen to, I have an extremely high pain threshold, now I have a messed up leg. It doesn't bother me but I wonder how on earth I never got medical care for it! - sorry, random and off the point, typing to keep myself busy)

Snuffles - take care and look after yourself, there is nothing to be sorry for, take some time to yourself *hugs*

mouse in darkness 07-01-2009 12:40 AM

Hi. Thanks for the hugs all *gives hugs back* Sorry I can't reply to all right now.
*Leaves hugs for everyone*

Snuffles 07-01-2009 12:50 AM

I'm back already... I've kinda left another forum coz Helen said it wasn't helping me. Which is true. So I kinda need RYL if I don't have that other forum. Will just have to learn not to get too triggered... *huggles*

ravynsoul 07-01-2009 12:58 AM

*appears*

*cuddles, hugs, and huggles everyone*

*disappears*

mouse in darkness 07-01-2009 01:19 AM

*Hugs* Ravyn and Katie

MammaMia 07-01-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouse in darkness (Post 1333895)
*Pokes head out of denial tent* Cool snow, never seen it. Wish I could. Hope you are having fun in the snow Helen. *Pops back into the denial tent leaving hugs and hot chocolate for all*:wow:

I did have fun in the snow yesterday, I think we had some overnight...well not sure but it was definately still around today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravynsoul (Post 1334013)
Helen - Snow! sweet :) How much snow do you have?

We had a fair bit....:) *hugs back*

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Poisonous.Cyanide. (Post 1335556)
Helen: ;o Nice. Enjoy that snow!

Thanks hun :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accidentally Abstract (Post 1336305)
*joins Kahlia curled up in the corner*

*joins in*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 1336336)
Lucy, I think the corner expands to fit in anyone who wants to be there.

That's the magic of the tent...well another part of the magic ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accidentally Abstract (Post 1336344)
I'm glad. 'cause I don't want to be kicked out. =[

We won't ever kick anyone out of here :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 1336440)
I'm going to build a Schrodinger's cat's box in here if no-one minds ... hmmm, perhaps one that changes size whenever someone wants to get in ??

What's one of those? :wow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravynsoul (Post 1337080)
*sends hugs around*

Returns cuddles...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Anne (Post 1338514)
Can somone please stop the world, I want to get off.

If anyone has a spare cuddle I really need one.

*curls up in a ball on the floor*

sorry, hope everyone is safe *hugs*

*cuddles tight* hope you're doing ok there hunni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffles (Post 1338786)
I'm back already... I've kinda left another forum coz Helen said it wasn't helping me. Which is true. So I kinda need RYL if I don't have that other forum. Will just have to learn not to get too triggered... *huggles*

*cuddles tight*

Sorry I totally disappeared for several hours. Started back at uni on Monday which was really good to be fair. Um on Sunday night I fortnately fell asleep at 12.30am and woke at 8.30am and was on time etc for uni :D Didn't have a ****ing clue what she was on about mind you? So I need to approach her for help but she came across to me quite rude in an email I sent to her about missing lectures && trying to catch up. Plus I know she's just gonna think I'm stuipd & what not =\ Plus I didnt hand her last report in >.< Then last night I went to bed at 9pm and slept until 5.45am but nodded off and woke up around 8am considering it's my day off- it's well fab that I woke then. Did have a two hour nap this afternoon mind you :S So bit worried about going to bed tonight.....

Also not doing too great with my thoughts right now :sad: :blush: :blink: :pinch: A guy who was in my year at school died on Sunday morning following a car crash (the driver & other passenger got off lightly) and it's just knocked me for six. I was already feeling bit low & trying to bring myself back up. But this just made my thoughts all scrambled and think about various ways to harm & shizz. I don't think I will...and haven't so far. But it's ****ing with me. Least my thoughts are good&bad atm rather than just bad. But I quite agree with what Emma said to me on msn...I just need a bit of 'down' time and not to make it my personal crisis....But not sure how to do that either =\

Okay I'll shut up now ;)

ravynsoul 07-01-2009 03:14 AM

*Hugs everyone*

Helen - I think Emma has wise advice... *cuddles*

Nicole *hugs back* how are things going?

Katie - Hoping we can help you and keep you from being to triggered.

Katrica - how are you now?

Dayna - Congrats on yesterday! And that you've been feeling in a good mood today... hope things are still good.

Mary Anne - *cuddles and offers teddy bear*

Emma - how are you now? Did you end up going to A&E?

Lucy - Hope you're staying safe wherever you are

*leaves hugs for everyone else who hasn't checked in recently.. hope all is well*