RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 09:15 PM

''m scared. Is it sad (as in pathetic) that I have to wrap my own arms around myself because there's no one around to hold me together for me?

*Hugs Jill and April* What exactly is glomping anyway?

Doikers 05-09-2010 09:18 PM

No Lia thats neither sad or pathetic, we all need to be comforted sometimes , it's a totally normal human need *Hugs ya*

MammaMia 05-09-2010 09:18 PM

Glomping is a jumping-on-someone-kinda-hug :)

& Mark's right, we all need comforting..

Scarletdreamer 05-09-2010 09:19 PM

Why're you scared, Lia? And no, I don't view that as pathetic... I do think it's sad though that you don't have anyone around you to help you hold you together... but sad as in sad, not sad as in pathetic. *hugs gently* We're here to talk with though, so talk away if you feel like. <3

Oh and glomping is kind of like... squishy-bear-tackle-hugs. I guess that's the best way to describe it. ;) No one's quite sure.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 09:21 PM

Oh Lia thats not pathetic at all *hugs*

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 09:26 PM

*Actually smiles* Well I've been glomping people wrong all along.

It's my own fault that I don't have anyone, it's just lonely sometimes. A lot of the time, actually. I have people inside my head, but not in a MPD way, I know they aren't real, but they comfort me. Like several imaginary friends. There's a boy my age called Adam, a woman in her 30s called Sam, and two others called Poppy and Jules. I know that's really weird, and I'm, like, 16, way too old for that sort of thing, but I get lonely.

I'm scared of a future without the one person who made me feel I was worth something, who tied me to this world.

You know what's great about this ward? If I told that to anyone else, they would think I was a nutjob, or had multiple personality disorder, but I know you guys won't judge me.

misskitty112 05-09-2010 09:30 PM

*hugs Lia* I love you and definitely do not think you're a nutjob.

My sinus pills aren't kicking in. Damnit. And I'm still triggered, so I'm gonna suck it up, put on my ipod, and take a walk.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 09:32 PM

...I'm kinda jealous I don't have my own imaginary friends to converse with and have as company, because a lot of the people I know suck. I used to have imaginary animals and when I started on my meds I was convinced I was a badger. I still get all badgery when I get tired. Heh. So in a way I sorta know what you're getting at.

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 09:33 PM

Stay safe Felicia. *Hugs* I hope you feel better soon.

It is nice Sarah, but I feel a bit weird. I'm 16. I should have stopped this years ago.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 09:37 PM

*hugs* I think its just a mechanism you've developed to deal with being lonely, you're not crazy or anything like that, all it means is you have an amazing imagination, which is something to be proud of :)

You take care Felicia *hugs*

Doikers 05-09-2010 09:46 PM

*Heads to bed* I have a tenancy review and then my nurse tomorrow so I want to be well rested , A bit nervous about the review as my housing support worker might bring his boss too. As for my nurse I need to be breathalised quick so I can re-take my Antabuse and I have a feeling it will be a tough , intense meeting , fingers crossed it won't rain too hard on my walks there and back.

*Hugs Ward*

Laura2.0 05-09-2010 09:48 PM

I dont think that it is weird.
I daydream that someone is looking after me when Im feeling lonely. I just close my eyes and daydream.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 09:49 PM

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow *hugs Mark*

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 09:58 PM

Thanks Sarah. I do love my imagination. I daydream a lot, and I write. I love writing, it's the only way I can really express my feelings. And I love acting too, pretty much all the things where I can get lost in another world and not have to be me in this one.

I hope it goes well tomorrow Mark.

Hey Laura. *Hugs* I'm Lia, how are you?

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:06 PM

I wish I had that ability, I'm rarely able to switch off from reality and daydream :(

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:10 PM

*Hugs Sarah* it can be hard coming back to reality and realising it will never be.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:19 PM

Aww :( *hugs*

Got some moaning here that because I'm doing maths at uni and thats apparently a waste of time. *sigh*

shadowedsoul 05-09-2010 10:24 PM

Cuddles all. Hmm I really want to hurt right now. Feel such a retard. Can't do this. Such a waste if space.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:32 PM

*hugs* You're not a waste of space at all

MammaMia 05-09-2010 10:40 PM

You're not a waste of space or a retard Jill. Stop putting yourself down darling. xx