RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   frat party... Am I a "slut"? maybe trigeeing. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214968)

kajira 26-10-2013 09:56 AM

frat party... Am I a "slut"? maybe trigeeing.

So I was just invited to my first frat party at a college I plan to attend next year. I loved it, it was so much fun... just what I needed. Well I was talking to a lot of boys... it seemed that they where intrested in me for some reason... from what I could understand in their mind I was some little girl who has never drank before and they where trying to crupt me or something.... Charing every time one of them got me to drink what ever was in thwir cup... well I am a flirt.. and they where sexy... so i was doi.g a lot of flirting... but a girl I was talking to other said "are you done being a slut? Let's go downstairs" she was laugging when she said it... I know she was jokeing... but am I a slut? I do not sleep around... but I will flirt with any boy I talk to and will make out with any boy bold enough to make the move... and is sexy..... that does not make me a slut does it?

HopeRises 26-10-2013 08:34 PM

No, I have quiet a cheeky personality and that usually looks like flirting with guys. Your not actually sleeping around or doing anything with the guys and your young, free and single. As long as no-one is getting hurt and your not being forced to do anything you don't want too and you are safe then life is good.

It is double standards that is making people say that. They wouldn't call a guy a slut for doing the same thing. It sounds like it was just said as a joke and in jest so try not to take offence.

phoenix_M 26-10-2013 08:36 PM

honey your definatly not a slut

FranticMind 26-10-2013 09:47 PM

kajira,

i dont think the comment was serious, more like a passing jokey remark.

BridgesAndBalloons 26-10-2013 10:27 PM

That doesn't make you a slut in my opinion, not at all. People express themselves and communicate with others in different ways, some are more introverted and some more open and "flirty" and neither way is wrong.

As a side note, I think people are too quick to judge women as being "sluts" when really if the gender roles were reversed the behaviour would be more accepted as normal as opposed to being deemed "slutty".

kajira 27-10-2013 09:00 AM

Thank you all for the help. I know she was just jokeing... buty.dad always says all.jokes have truth to them so it made me wonder if I was or nor.

Right now I am stranded at a store 30iles from my house.... I am drunk and tired
.. it is 3 am and I really want to go home
.. do you think I can walk 30mliles?

Rodolphus 27-10-2013 11:52 PM

Did you get home okay? I hope that you are okay.

You aren't a slut. Even if you slept with every guy in the place, it is nobody's business but your own. As long as you are not putting yourself at risk or hurting anybody, then whatever you do with your body and private life is completely your choice and others should respect that. Just always treat yourself with respect, whatever that means to you.

beautiful_seclusion 28-10-2013 12:55 AM

You are not a slut. You can flirt or sleep with whoever you like so long as you are single and it's safe and consensual. Society will try to tell you otherwise, but you have a right to do what you like with your own body.

kajira 28-10-2013 02:28 AM

Thank you all. And yes. I just got home okay. I ended up getting invited to a bon fire tonigjt... so I was at a party the past 3 nights lol

beautiful_seclusion 28-10-2013 03:03 AM

Take care of yourself. I'm guessing you're underage, so just be careful with the drinking/partying. I know it's fun, and I drink plenty myself. But you don't want to have anything bad happen when you're preparing for college. Do what you want, but just stay safe. :)

kajira 29-10-2013 03:46 AM