RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

xxjuliexx 07-07-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 (Post 2389707)
hah i am but thanks <3

mwhahaha u agreed with me that ur beautiful yay

risenfromperdition 07-07-2010 02:29 AM

*scowl* :P
*lets you win cuz i tired*

wolfos3d 07-07-2010 08:23 AM

*waves*
Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing okay. Sorry I haven't been very talkative. Been feeling really low recently. I even had to force myself to play WoW a couple of days ago. :(
I'm so behind on schoolwork again too. I have heaps of chem work due in a weeks time and I can't concentrate on it at all. I was also supposed to have a bio project finished a week and a half ago. I'm still trying to work up the bawls to go see the doctor too. I've got no idea what to say to them. I'm not gonna pass this year if things don't improve though. Ugh.
Sorry for ranting guys. I've got heaps on my mind right now. *huggles to peoples*

Kahlia1981 07-07-2010 09:36 AM

*hugs/waves at all*

April: - Invega - is that paliperadone (sp?) ? If so watch out for the same type of "food" effects that you would get from Risperidone and Haliperidol. The drugs are extremely chemically similar. Risperdal for me chemically switched off my ability to feel full and chemically increased my appetite. - Not saying it will happen, just warning you to keep an eye out. But as with all new drugs keep a journal or something for the first little while to see how you go. All the atypical antipyschotics react differently with you as you'd know already. Sorry, not meaning to pry or be a doomsayer - just wanting to make sure you keep track of anything "unusual".

Sorry to everyone else for the lack of individual replies. I didn't feel able to say anything helpful to anyone, but wanted to say that to April. *feels bad*

I made it to my psychiatrist. As I said in my last post - some 2.5 pages ago. I got up at 3 am this morning because I was freaking out about it. I had 4 mg of xanax before I left the unit to get on the bus. I made it through the appointment and the doc put me on a beta-blocker with a regime to increase it from one to three tablets over the next six days and to contact him in a week (by email). Then he'll decide the next step, contact in another week, again he'll decide and I see him the week after.

The good news is that at this stage he doesn't think that it is related to either mood or psychosis. But he does think that the DID alters might get a chance to come through if we don't get it under control. So we're really fighting a battle against time.

I had to stop by a chemist before I could come home so had another 2 mg of xanax as I had to go to a big shopping centre and it's school holidays. I came home afterwards, had a smoke and crashed out for like four hours. Heh. My housemate told me I had to try and stay awake until I got off the bus (I rang him from the shops). Thankfully I did.

Meh.

CrazyHayley 07-07-2010 10:40 AM

bloody hell it was busy after I was payin attention in here yesterday! I had to give up with computer time as reggie was causing absolute havoc. He is currently in his hutch and I am set up in my bedroom, cos if he can see me then he chews at the bars to come out and I feel VERY guilty!!

I'll try and read through whats gone on a bit later, my head feels a little clearer today, but rather than spend my day on here, which is tempting, whilst Reggie is chilling out in his hutch I think I'd better do some housework as my flat is starting to fester...eww... then a bit more quality time with Reggie and hopefully then I can spend some time online guilt free.

Huggles and snuggles and waves and hi fives!! Take your pick which ones you'd like!!

shadowedsoul 07-07-2010 10:44 AM

Urgh I already want to curl up and hide and it's only the start of the day. Wearing this happy mask is so triering.meh.

Doikers 07-07-2010 11:17 AM

Oh Hey *HUGGLES JK* I haven't seen you in too long ! Sorry.I'm struggling tbh :( Grrr . How are you doing?

*Group hugs*

CrazyHayley 07-07-2010 11:45 AM

boo! I spy a mark! *huggles*

Well my kitchen is now sparkling clean and I've put laundry on. My back is now killing me however, so I've taken extra pain meds and I'm going to have a lie down before I attempy anything else...even playing with Reggie...luckily he's sleeping at the moment so I don't feel too bad. Gosh, I struggle to cope with a bunny rabbit, this just proves that I'm so not capable of having children. To those of you who have kids, my hat goes off top you and I think you should all get a medal!!

rest time then....*goes and lays down on special matress for her back in a corner out of the way*

Scarletdreamer 07-07-2010 11:55 AM

Good morning everyone... *huggles to all*

Sorry for the lack of epic responses... but I did want to say to Kahlia that yes, it is paliperidone. Thanks for the reminder - I was on risperdal a looong time ago, but I didn't remember that about it. I'm worried about Tegretol though, since doesn't it have weight gain side effects?? I haven't looked up side effects yet... :-S I'm scared to. Of course, Abilify has side effects like that and I haven't noticed any weight gain... guuhhh... sorry if that was triggering to any of you, didn't intend it. :-/ Am already fat anyway. :(

Today's gonna be a finish-up-my-internship-report, go-to-therapy, and clean-up-the-apartment day. Ughhh. Busy. Really need to get that internship report done though... only have one thing left to say in it and that shouldn't take too long... whew.

Anyway.

Gonna go have breakfast I guess... really am not hungry. :'(

Kahlia1981 07-07-2010 12:44 PM

April: carbamazapine (tegretol) can have that affect in some people and sometimes
The following content has been hidden - Reason : womens issue
lactation without the baby
. Sorry just hid that so you didn't have to see if didn't want to. A lot of the atypicals state "weight gain" as well as extrapyramidal and so forth - but I feel if you go into it prepared you are always better off.

*offers everyone hugs*

Scarletdreamer 07-07-2010 12:53 PM

Thanks for the info, Kahlia. >_< Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. Guhhh... I HATE STARTING NEW MEDS. Something bad always seems to happen with them. Especially 2 at once - not wise IMHO but oh well. :(

I feel like **** right now. So anxious, so worried, so scared. Gonna go update my r/v I think...

*hides in a hole*

shadowedsoul 07-07-2010 01:07 PM

Urgh!!!! can't be assed with today, feel very tierd really want to curl up and sleep. bloody customers bloody kid, I really hate school hoildays.

Doikers 07-07-2010 01:44 PM

April , you are NOT fat !! I've seen pictures!!
*Hugs* I read your R/V thread * Extra Hug*

shadowedsoul 07-07-2010 02:45 PM

Sorry for being so whiney today. I just can't handle this today smiling but I feel really low and the littlest thing is setting me off. Just want to curl up and hide. Sorry

CrazyHayley 07-07-2010 03:52 PM

Jill don't apologise for having a whine, that's what's so great about this place, you can be yourself and let it all out and we all understand. Wish I could help more when you and others are struggling so much *huggles*

hmm, I've not achieved as much as I'd hoped for so far today, though I've fitted in two unplanned naps!...over an hour and half each!! Whoops, still feel like I could sleep more, and I've had 3 coffees 2diet colas and 3pro plus throughout today so far. Though the extra pain meds earlier would have made me a little dopey. I think some more caffiene is needed to takle the cleaning of my bathroom next! Poor Reggie's only had 3hours out of his hutch so far today, I'll make it up to him later....if I can stay awake!

*leaves appropriate tlc for all*
*toddles off to clean the bathroom via a visit to the smoking shelter*

CrazyHayley 07-07-2010 04:49 PM

Hello - well bathroom is cleaned and I think I've caught up on most of what I didn't manage to read earlier. Please forgive me for lack of individual replies but my brain isn't up to that still. Although saying that, one thing did stick in my mind, which I'm sure you can understand why, so I wanted to say...

Crimson - your poor brother-in-law! That is a mammoth tour of duty, I shall never complain again about Eoghan only having a few months between his Iraq and Afghanistan tours or the fact that he's away for 6and a half months (though remind me I said that in a few!!) That's an awful strain for him and all of your family. Please tell me that he at least gets some RnR in that time?!! It makes me think of extending my prayers, I sometimes forget about the other countries troops fighting alongside the british when saying my prayers at night, bad bad hayley-rose! PM me if you ever need to, not just on army afghan stuff, as I know you've so much else going on too at the mo.

That goes for anyone, PM me, I may not always be able to help, but I like to think that I am a good listenener (or reader as the case may be, lol)

ho-hum, time to let the adorable nightmare out! Check back in a bit later. TTFN!

PoisonedApple 07-07-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHayley (Post 2390412)
Crimson - your poor brother-in-law! That is a mammoth tour of duty, I shall never complain again about Eoghan only having a few months between his Iraq and Afghanistan tours or the fact that he's away for 6and a half months (though remind me I said that in a few!!) That's an awful strain for him and all of your family. Please tell me that he at least gets some RnR in that time?!! It makes me think of extending my prayers, I sometimes forget about the other countries troops fighting alongside the british when saying my prayers at night, bad bad hayley-rose! PM me if you ever need to, not just on army afghan stuff, as I know you've so much else going on too at the mo.

That goes for anyone, PM me, I may not always be able to help, but I like to think that I am a good listenener (or reader as the case may be, lol)

ho-hum, time to let the adorable nightmare out! Check back in a bit later. TTFN!

We're not sure. When I was military they couldn't keep you deployed to a place for over a year without a week stateside but he won't be in one place over a year he'll be moved from one to the other and home a yr after he goes to the second place so we don't know if they have to let him come home between or after a year or if him going to 2 separate places means they don't have to let him. I hope that makes sense I'm still really tired (have been since I got up). These days it seems like no matter how much sleep I get it isn't enough.
Being tired should make it interesting when I try to get the local businesses to help with my paper balloon campaign... (trying to fund raise for the leukemia lymphoma society in advance of the light the night walk...)
*grumbles about her boss being a f'ing moron and wanders off.*

shadowedsoul 07-07-2010 07:05 PM

Argh!!!!! Why just why. ****sake I really give up. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! =[

Doikers 07-07-2010 07:09 PM

Jill Need a hug? * Offers *

shadowedsoul 07-07-2010 07:16 PM

Thanks mark, nods head. =[