RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   person in my head (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255491)

Txara 27-01-2019 07:08 PM

person in my head

Hi, you guys can call me T for right now. Im female, 13 years old. So I like have this person in my head which I want to talk to you guys about. They don't have a name and i don't know there gender because they're like refusing to say anything to me right now. They only come and talk to me to say mean things about people or when i'm trying to sleep. I can't sleep unless i'm on my back because they come out of my mind and secretly watch me when i'm not facing them. They try to put there hands on me and its really creepy. They say rude things about people and think horrible things. They share there thoughts with me because they're in my thoughts and I have to tell them to stop and I yell at them. I think this person is jealous of me and they want to come out of my thoughts and become a real person. I think they're waiting to become strong enough and take over or kill me. Everyday when i'm in the bed at night they get bigger and i feel them on top of me. Its scary and i try to close my eyes for them to go away and sometimes they do. I don't know if its a mental illness and I know I sound crazy but i swear this person is real.

Soft Kitty 27-01-2019 08:26 PM

Hi T, you don't sound crazy to me, though what you're talking about does sound very frightening and could be seen as being part of a mental health issue in some way.

Sometimes, it's like we have parts of ourselves that feel too painful for us to accept. When this happens, these parts can take on a bit of a life of their own (don't worry, they're still just a part of you) and end up scaring us.

Do you have a therapist or anyone who you could talk to about this person in your head, who could maybe help you to understand what's happening for you?

Txara 27-01-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soft Kitty (Post 4208839)
Hi T, you don't sound crazy to me, though what you're talking about does sound very frightening and could be seen as being part of a mental health issue in some way.

Sometimes, it's like we have parts of ourselves that feel too painful for us to accept. When this happens, these parts can take on a bit of a life of their own (don't worry, they're still just a part of you) and end up scaring us.

Do you have a therapist or anyone who you could talk to about this person in your head, who could maybe help you to understand what's happening for you?

I used to go to a therapist but that was a while ago. I have thought about telling my mom but i'm scared she will think i'm weird.

Soft Kitty 27-01-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txara (Post 4208841)
I used to go to a therapist but that was a while ago. I have thought about telling my mom but i'm scared she will think i'm weird.

I can understand why you'd be worried about that. You're not weird, though, you're just experiencing something that's frightening you. Could you tell your mum in a more vague way that you're struggling with things going on inside your head and that you think you might benefit from seeing a therapist again?

Txara 27-01-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soft Kitty (Post 4208842)
I can understand why you'd be worried about that. You're not weird, though, you're just experiencing something that's frightening you. Could you tell your mum in a more vague way that you're struggling with things going on inside your head and that you think you might benefit from seeing a therapist again?

Okay, I will try to tell her :thumbup:

Soft Kitty 27-01-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txara (Post 4208851)
Okay, I will try to tell her :thumbup:

I think that's a courageous decision, well done. I really hope it goes okay. There's a place for you here on RYL any time you need.