RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I have recently quit cigarettes again . (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261614)

Kanjanjunga 24-02-2021 09:07 PM

I have recently quit cigarettes again .

After staying away from smoking for 1 and half years , i smoked at least 20 cigarettes in 1 week .

That was a bad decision to smoke again .

Now i am quitting again . I don't ever want to touch cigarettes again .

I am using nicotine gums these days every time i have a bad mood .

Thanks

Pi.R^2 03-03-2021 08:27 PM

Sorry you slipped up but great job on deciding to quit again! You did so well to manage a year and a half without smoking, so well done for that. Wishing you luck this time round too :)

tamobhuuta 04-03-2021 11:26 AM

Sorry you slipped up, you can give it up again :)

Kanjanjunga 04-03-2021 01:54 PM

Thanks ,

The pressure to reach some goals was really hard during that time , plus added stress of covid 19 everywhere .
That is how i smoked again :)

Now i wont do it again .
I have gums and it is so much more easier to chew a gum instead of thinking about smoking

Every time i am going through a bad stage i chew a gum and relax . It helps a lot

:)

[Luna] 24-03-2021 09:52 AM

Glad the gum is helping you!

Beatrice Callan 13-04-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanjanjunga (Post 4292676)
After staying away from smoking for 1 and half years , i smoked at least 20 cigarettes in 1 week .

That was a bad decision to smoke again .

Now i am quitting again . I don't ever want to touch cigarettes again .

I am using nicotine gums these days every time i have a bad mood .

Thanks

I recommend that you make a list of those things that relax you (except cigarettes, alcohol, etc.). Then divide this list into those that are always at hand (books, handicrafts, anti-stress toys), those that you can access in the near future (for example, a massage session, a trip to the pool, etc.) and those who do not depend on you (for example, praise and approval from others). When you start to get nervous, switch to things that relax you so that you don't think about cigarettes or nicotine gum.

Kanjanjunga 06-05-2021 08:19 PM

Thanks for the replies ,

I am going through a tough stage in my life and i am feeling depressed right now due to dull work i am involved in right now .

I work in a pharmacy in india and it is a low paying job , i only get 10,000 rupees per month .

I am looking for a better job , i have a degree in commerce but finding a job in these covid times here is hard .
No one is hiring new people .

There is no escaping some states with or without gums .

My evenings are really really dull and since i live in a small south indian town , there isn't much activity out here that can give me some happiness

sandalwood 17-05-2021 08:41 PM

If you smoke out of depression and stress, I find addressing those problems can help you out of an addiction.

I completely understand your circumstances. It is hard to change what is out of your control. What you can control is your responses to your circumstances if these responses are within your control.

I'm glad you're trying gum...what else gives you a break from life?

What would you like to do with your evenings? Are there things you could do with your time that would occupy your mind away from the dullness around you?

The Party 21-05-2021 11:54 PM

Relapse is a part of recovery, pick yourself up, brush the dust off, and try again, we're rooting for you, you got this.