RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 15-09-2010 08:53 PM

Grr, my gallbladder is off on one again, I'm in agony, all light headed and sleepy. My fiance's phone isn't working so I can't get in touch with him to talk to him. This really sucks. :(

*hugs all who can accept*

Doikers 15-09-2010 09:21 PM

*Hugs Sarah* Do you have pain Killers that you can take for your pain?

SparkleKitten 15-09-2010 09:23 PM

Already had all I can, paracetamol is all I can take. Which sucks.

Doikers 15-09-2010 09:24 PM

I don't know biology but would putting a heat patch/ hot water bottle on the area help any?

Doikers 15-09-2010 09:52 PM

Why is it that Self Injury and Sleep are my only escapes from this constant Numbness ( Which beats depression but is still not nice:( ) Am I just that Pathetic.......? So Useless . Sorry .

shadowedsoul 15-09-2010 10:08 PM

big bear hugs mark. your not pathetic or useless hun. your caring and a lovely person, please take care of yourself

nicole94 15-09-2010 10:16 PM

*hugs everyone* sorry i've been so rubbish latley guys, i'm not doing too well with college and stuff, have only had 5 hours sleep in the last 72 hours and i'm SO tired!
would it be cheeky of me to ask you guys some advice? i understand if i cant cause i havent really been any help latley....

misskitty112 15-09-2010 10:55 PM

Ask away, Nicole! =) I'll give advice if I can.

I'm just feeling ignored and unloved and stuff today. I'm so down, and nothing seems to cheer me up.

one_step_closer 15-09-2010 10:58 PM

*hugs everyone* You are all such great people. Please take care of yourselves.

risenfromperdition 15-09-2010 11:00 PM

*hugs laura lots* read your rv <3 here if you need me

*leaves hugs for everyone who wants/can accept them and a listening ear to anyone else :)*

nicole94 15-09-2010 11:08 PM

*hugs* thankyou misskitty (sorry, i've forgotten your name! :/)
right, so i started college this week, i'm enjoying it although i'm finding it really hard and am finding my moods are really low at the moment (self harming a lot and stuff) but my question is-should i keep on pushing myself? i mean i know i need to push myself a little bit or i'm never gonna get better, but how much is too much? we are doing activities at the moment that are compulsory (unless you have a really good reason) but not important to the course, but i'm not sure wether i should take part when i know its gonna make me worse emotionally?

i'm sorry if that doesnt make sense, it might just be me rambling :/ if you have an answer i would be very grateful.

one_step_closer 15-09-2010 11:10 PM

Does anyone at college know how you are feeling? There might be support that can be put in place to make things easier for you.

nicole94 15-09-2010 11:12 PM

*hugs lindsay* they know i used to self harm and i still do occasionally, but no they dont know how much i'm struggling at the moment, everything is just a mad rush at the moment where it's the first week....

one_step_closer 15-09-2010 11:14 PM

Maybe you could talk to someone about it, do they have a disability service? Hopefully things will settle down with time.

nicole94 15-09-2010 11:17 PM

well our course is foundation and it's basically for people with MH issues/learning difficulties/disabilitys so there is always someone i can talk to, for me it's just getting a chance to talk to someone and having the guts to do it cause it makes me really nervous.

one_step_closer 15-09-2010 11:19 PM

What about talking to someone makes you nervous?

nicole94 15-09-2010 11:26 PM

just the way they're gonna react and stuff (and sorry but before anyone suggests writing a note, i can't do that, in case the wrong person gets hold of it. (and also, its evidence, if i just tell them they cant prove it)
at the moment i just really wanna know what to do tomorrow, on one hand i think i should get on with it and do all the activities because it will help me get to know everyone on my course, but on the other hand i'm thinking that i can feel its not gonna help me and is gonna make me worse and i dont wanna risk that.

MammaMia 15-09-2010 11:31 PM

I really would suggest writing it down if you can't tell them in person. You're allowed to let them keep it or have it back I'm sure *cuddles tight* I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Please try talk to someone Nicole.

Mark, you're not useless or anything you said :( Be kind to yourself.

*hugs everyone else*

one_step_closer 15-09-2010 11:32 PM

Why do you think that doing the activities will make you feel worse?

Helen, how are you?

nicole94 15-09-2010 11:35 PM

*hugs helen* yeah i suppose, i just still dont really like the idea.
lindsay-because 1)they're big group activities and they are MAJORLY anxiety provoking for me, and 2)its not just that, everything about college is making me worse because i'm pushing myself to do things i know are making me ill. but this is the only thing that it would be ok to not do.