RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Spreading some boxes of joy this Christmas. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237605)

griddlebone 01-12-2015 10:53 PM

Spreading some boxes of joy this Christmas.

Hi Everyone,

Today I was thinking about the fact that I have had a really good year so far and one I should be really thankful for. I wanted to do something to spread a little happiness to people who perhaps are going through a rough time but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

Then I got to thinking about RYL and the giveaway that we did before. Now unfortunately I can't buy everyone a gift on RYL, as much as I would like to! However I have enough disposable income that I would like to offer 5 boxes of Christmas joy to 5 members.

What I thought was that people could PM me with a member who perhaps will be alone this Christmas, or who has had a really tough year, or who perhaps lost someone within the past year and this Christmas will be particularly painful. It doesn't have to be people you know really well, it could just be someone who you think could do with something extra this year or someone who has been really brave/courageous etc.

Please keep in mind that if you nominate someone you either need to have their address or I will have to obtain it, so if the member isn't comfy with that please don't nominate them. Also there is a high chance the boxes may contain stuff like chocolate so if someone has allergies or is battling an ED and may be triggered by that, please please let me know in advance!

If anyone else would like to join in by offering to send someone something this year please do say, they don't have to be much, just one or two things and a card perhaps. I'm sorry I can't offer more than 5 myself! If you could let me know by the 5th dec so I have time to get the stuff and ship it that would be awesome.

Liv.x

Pi.R^2 01-12-2015 11:01 PM

This is such a lovely idea Liv! You are so thoughtful :)

I would love to join in, so I'd be happy for you to forward me some names if you get more than five?

Wonderland. 01-12-2015 11:03 PM

That is such a lovely and thoughtful thing to do <3

griddlebone 01-12-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 3978987)
This is such a lovely idea Liv! You are so thoughtful :)

I would love to join in, so I'd be happy for you to forward me some names if you get more than five?

That would be great thank you!

Serendipity. 02-12-2015 12:11 AM

This is such a lovely idea, so kind of you!

I'd be more than happy to do a couple of boxes :)

griddlebone 02-12-2015 12:11 AM

I was just chatting to someone about this and they said about including a note from themselves in the card I will write out. That would be a sweet idea and I can include your name if you would like them to know it was you or I can just add it in without your name.

I have had 2 nominations so far!

griddlebone 02-12-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 3979019)
This is such a lovely idea, so kind of you!

I'd be more than happy to do a couple of boxes :)

Thanks lovely lady! Will pass some on if there is overflow!x

Indigo. 02-12-2015 12:17 AM

This is an amazing, lovely idea, Liv <3

Just wanted to say how lovely this is really.

I would've also wanted to help out but I am broke so cannot do much this year I'm afraid.

Foxtrot Oscar 02-12-2015 01:08 AM

I think this is a really nice idea, really thoughtful, and I'd also be happy to put together a couple of boxes too.

griddlebone 02-12-2015 08:39 AM

Still have 3 spaces left and lots of people offering to send things out! Don't be shy about picking someone! :) x

Snow White. 02-12-2015 11:21 AM

Super sweet! Can I assume with postage costs its UK only?

Regardless, such a beautiful lovely thought :)
This is my favourite part of Christmas, the kindness for others who need it.

griddlebone 02-12-2015 12:01 PM

Part of the reason why I can only do 5 is because I was factoring in postage so I can send abroad!But I need to know asap so I can send it off!

Bellatrix 02-12-2015 12:18 PM

This is a cute idea I love it.

whirlpools 02-12-2015 01:29 PM

I would also like to send a couple of boxes. I love putting together things for people. I know you have a few volunteers already though so no worries if it's not needed. I also don't know if people would would be comfy giving me their address though so I don't know f there's a way round that?

PS I think it's a lovely idea!

griddlebone 02-12-2015 02:12 PM

I think with the address thing people just have to trust that we arent going to do anything woth their address. When I have PMd nominated people I have said if they arent comfy with ot then thats ok too. I guess if you knew the person you nominateds address it could be sent through you to the person but it seems a bit long winded!!

griddlebone 02-12-2015 04:44 PM

I have had 4 people nominated so far! Exciting!x

Iamcatbug 02-12-2015 05:21 PM

Just out of interest, would it ever be made public who has received the gift boxes? Or are you going to let the people who receive them come forward themselves if they want to?

griddlebone 02-12-2015 05:40 PM

I think I will leave it up to whoever gets one to say! :)

Kyaneos 02-12-2015 05:58 PM

So are you PMing nominated people before you send the boxes? Is it not going to be a surprise?

griddlebone 02-12-2015 06:02 PM

I'm PMing for addresses, unfortunately it can't really be a surprise,unless the person nominating has their address which they can tell me! They won't know what's in them though!