RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I don't really know what to do with myself. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187605)

Rockyb_123 05-05-2012 01:17 AM

I don't really know what to do with myself.

There's just too much going on at once and I totally can't deal with it all but I'm expected to and I'm expected to do it with a smile on my face and I don't want to do it anymore.

How do you do it? How are you supposed to find reasons to stay?

talaiporia 05-05-2012 03:22 AM

Would you like to talk about what's going on? I'm sorry things are so hard right now. It must be hard having to keep up a front all the time. Is there anyone who you might be able to talk to about things?

There are always reasons, even when it doesn't feel like it, doesn't seem like it, there's always a reason to stay. I stay for my twin. I think it would break her if I left.

Take care.

Flaye 05-05-2012 01:13 PM

I tend to get very stressed if more than one (major) thing is going on in my life, and it bothers me a lot when people around me seem to be handelig the same things with ease.

What helps me is talking to people who matter to me about the worries - I've become close to my parents and turn to them when there's an exam closing in I dont feel ready for, or a trip, or problems with friends, relationships.

I write a list of all the things that make me stressed out, so when I'm trying to prepare or handeling one issue I dont get overwelmed by all the other stuff I HAVE TO REMEMBER AND FACE SOON.

The one that helps the most though, is admitting you're not a goddamn rock. You're allowed to not smile all the time, you're allowed to cry, break down and tell people you're just not up to face all of this. If they can't do the things for you, a hand to hold while you do them is just as good. So even if you fail, you don't fall!

I stay because of my family. We had our fights, and hurtfull comments but in the end its flesh and blood. My family love me to bits no matter how many times I fail or do things I feel like they should be ashmed of me for.
I stay because the last times it felt like the world should go on without me - it got better. It's not a myth. It does, in time.
I stay because I want to make my own future, and even if today I can barely get out of bed or breath without something hurting inside: one day I'll feel better, and I can do anything!

Don't know if I got close to how you're feeling - I don't know whats going on with you or what issues you're facing. SO if I missed entirly - have a hug and a thumbs up at least. :)

Imamotherfudgingpirate 05-05-2012 03:04 PM

Hi Catherine, I know it's hard sometimes.., but you don't have to smile all the time. As Flaye pointed out - you could try and take one thing at a time?

You find reasons to stay because Life is like a game, the only way to win is to keep fighting - taking each problem as it comes, whether you fall or not - whether you die or not - that doesn't determine whether you win or lose, the way to win is to keep going until fate decides when it's game over.

Be happy, hold your head held high, take things one at a time sweetie, let time heal things, but stay alive.

I want you to win<3

Best Wishes and much Love ~

Post Script:
If you want to talk in depth about what is bothering you at the moment feel free to message me at any time<3

Rockyb_123 06-05-2012 12:22 AM

Cheers guys.
It's just like, I have to pretend I'm fine all the time because my friends don't want anything to do with me when I'm not "okay" and I don't do too well on my own.
I and my family don't have the best of relationships...I don't really know if it would affect them how it should?

Pi.R^2 20-05-2012 04:35 PM

*sneaky bump*
Just bumping this thread for you Catherine, in case you want to talk things through here with the lovely folk of RYL.
And do please let me know, if there's anything I can do.