RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Sketchy 08-11-2016 09:46 PM

Enjoy your tree hill.

Cacoethes 08-11-2016 09:51 PM

OOoo hot chocolate and marshmallows! yum!
Very jealous!

Enjoy your book Lorraine, whatever you decide to read!

not_so_insig 08-11-2016 10:07 PM

I am going to buy a book if I get to 5 years 6 months free. The one I have my eye on is available as a ebook atm but according to the author it's coming out as a physical book in December. I have lots of ebooks but I have only read 2 (to be fair I had them all for free). I prefer a physical book.

Cacoethes 08-11-2016 10:25 PM

I used to read loads. I just don't have the concentration anymore. It's sad because I really miss getting lost in a different world while reading a good book.
Maybe I'll try again at some point.

I prefer physical books too.

Rodolphus 08-11-2016 11:19 PM

How has everyone's days gone?

I'm currently watching Law and Order SVU in my koala onesie and debating with myself as to wether I can be bother to crack on with any of my coursework. The negative arguement is currently winning tbh.

not_so_insig 08-11-2016 11:40 PM

I am the same Beckie. I used to have a book related blog but I haven't updated it for years. I keep on meaning to get back to it but I don't seem to have the concentration to do it anymore. I don't even have the concentration to read a magazine. The only time I seem to read is when I am IP.

Cacoethes 08-11-2016 11:46 PM

Hi Marie! love law and order svu. Very good choice!
Maybe you could do a bit of coursework in between episodes? I know how hard it is to get going with it.

I used to read a lot in IP too. Tbf, I haven't actually tried to read in a while, apart from little bits of reading for college.

Rodolphus 09-11-2016 12:12 AM

Hi *waves*
I find Olivia Benson one of the most comforting people.
I've had a look and made some notes, I'm very tired so will write it up tomorrow. At least I had a look haha.

I love reading and wish I had more mental energy to read more! Though I bought 3 books in a charity shop the other day so may attempt one of those this week. There's some charity shops where I live that do 3 paperbacks for £1. Bargain :)

[Luna] 09-11-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sock (Post 4067645)
What comic are you reading Luna?

It's called '**** fairyland'. A friend has given me loads of comics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4067650)
Maybe you could come and invigilate my exams Luna? You can slip me the answers :p

Invigilators don't know the answers or even have access to them (probably for that exact reason :P)

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_so_insig (Post 4067656)
Also it's snowing where I live!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4067665)
Snow?!? Oh dear :/

God I hate snow! I can see it heading our way though, it's so bitter outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voldemort (Post 4067717)
Sounds delicious insig! Though I personally don't like marshmallows in my hot chocolate.

I love putting marshmallows in mine, wait for them to melt a bit and scoop them out with a spoon. Omnomnom!

Morning all, how is everyone?

Rodolphus 09-11-2016 12:40 PM

Hey Luna.

That's my favourite part of hot chocolate also!

How are you?

Cacoethes 09-11-2016 01:01 PM

Morning guys!

I had a weird dream about harry potter, a dog grooming van, baby sloths and condoms.
I can't remember exactly how they fitted together.

Voldemort 10-11-2016 08:26 PM

I've been having odd dreams too but I can't really remember any of them.

Cacoethes 10-11-2016 08:45 PM

I can't usually remember mine. Sometimes just little snippets.

How are you this evening?

Voldemort 10-11-2016 08:48 PM

I'm angry and lonely and sad. Woe is meeeee.

How are you?

Cacoethes 10-11-2016 09:08 PM

Oh no :(
Look at some pictures of kittens and/or puppies. Or just some funny videos on YouTube.
Funny videos on YouTube always helps me

I'm good thanks. Just finished watching Monsters University and now watching big bang theory and boiling a couple of eggs!

Voldemort 10-11-2016 09:18 PM

Sounds like a good evening.

I'm just watching One Tree Hill. Or trying to at least.

Cacoethes 10-11-2016 09:27 PM

Yep. And I can stay up late tonight because I don't have to get up for anything tomorrow :)

Concentration not great?

Voldemort 10-11-2016 09:32 PM

Ah, I'm jealous! I desperately need a lie in. =P

Yeah my concentration sucks.

Cacoethes 10-11-2016 09:39 PM

Lie ins are great! Especially as it's so cold. My alarm went off this morning for college and I was just like 'nooo I'm so snuggly and warm!'

Hate it when that happens. Is one tree hill one of those programmes where you really have to focus on what's happening?

Voldemort 10-11-2016 09:44 PM

Lie ins are the best. Especially in winter, aye!

I don't need to pay a huge amount of attention, so that's something at least.