RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 09:19 AM

*Hugs all* Morning. Well, my sleep isn't as bad as all of yours, but I did wake up at stupid o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep and I have an importnant psychology test today. Joy. I'm sorry everyone's struggling with sleep. *Leaves flasks of malt drink for people to take when they need and copies of Harry Potter* They always help me sleep.

Doikers 23-11-2010 10:54 AM

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Splitperson*

*Hugs Kahlia*

*Hugs Ian*

Doikers 23-11-2010 10:58 AM

*Hugs Shad* I'm so sorry you are have trouble sleeping , this may sound a lame suggestion but maybe try camomille tea , thats relaxing, so if Lavender oil in your bath or a couple of drop spritzed on your pillow .

*Hugs Oliver*

"The hardest part of ending is starting again"

frenchhorn 23-11-2010 12:24 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : poss suicide trig

**** I dont know what to do, I'm sat in college with quite a few pills of a mixture of different meds in front of me, I really want to take them, I'm meant to be in a lesson in 30 minutes and then a rehearsal and then i'm seeing the college counsellor, i dont know if i can distract myself until then, and even then if i leave the counselling session i'll end up taking them then anyway.

Doikers 23-11-2010 12:30 PM

Oliver *HUGS* Please don't take them , could you maybe go along to the counsellor and hand them in or if you are not comfortable handing them over go to the bathroom and flush them down the Toilet? Please get rid of them somehow and stay safe .

nicole94 23-11-2010 01:07 PM

*hugs everyone*
oliver-please please please dont take them!! like mark said, can you flush them away if you can give them to anyone??

Laura2.0 23-11-2010 02:26 PM

*hugs all*

Oliver: please don't take them. Like Mark and nicole said, give them to the counsellor or flush them.

misskitty112 23-11-2010 03:36 PM

*hugs everyone who couldn't sleep* I couldn't either last night. I woke up almost every hour before I just gave up and worked on uni stuff. (I officially have my Lit Theory and Creative Writing stuff done though)

*Super Hugs Oliver* Please, get rid of the pills. Please.
*Hugs Mark* How're you doing?
*hugs Lore* How are you today?

nicole94 23-11-2010 03:58 PM

*hugs everyone* anybody got a warm house i could teleport too? :P
it's bloody freezing here, we have some men come to paint all the windows and doors, so they all have to be left open!! its cold!

misskitty112 23-11-2010 04:10 PM

Teleport here, Nicole! My house is really warm.

Doikers 23-11-2010 05:44 PM

Met with my Nurse Sharron today, She told me Brenda , who I know from Accupuncture and Group has Died in the last week :( It never rains but it pours eh? I don't know what to make of it , I'm just a bit numb :S

misskitty112 23-11-2010 06:14 PM

*super big hugs* I'm sorry, Mark. I'm around if you need to chat.

Doikers 23-11-2010 06:44 PM

Thanks Felicia , I didn't know her THAT well but we were on semi-conversational terms , she must have only been in her 50's.

one_step_closer 23-11-2010 08:04 PM

*hugs everyone*

I really can't take much more of 'life.' Nothing specifically is happening but my mood is so low.

Doikers 23-11-2010 08:09 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* I'm sorry your mood is so crap :(

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 09:10 PM

Oliver, no one here would ever want anything to happen to you. Please follow the advice of the others. *Hugs*

*Hugs Mark* I'm sorry :(

*Hugs Lindsey* We're all here if you need to talk.

*Hugs Lore, Nicole and Felicia*

Doikers 23-11-2010 09:17 PM

*Hugs Lia* Thankyou :) How are you tonight?

nicole94 23-11-2010 09:24 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 23-11-2010 09:26 PM

*Squishes Nicole* How are you?

nicole94 23-11-2010 09:43 PM

*hugs mark* i..dunno, i suppose i'm ok, just a bit low. sorry to hear that you've not had the best of days (to put it nicley) *squishes*

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 09:44 PM

I'm alright. Better than I was last night. I sunk quite low, but everyone here was struggling. It's alright though, I went to RAINN.

Doikers 23-11-2010 09:44 PM

Why a bit low Nicole?

Lia , Whats RAINN? I'm glad you are feeling a bit better at least .

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 09:47 PM

*Hugs Nicole* I hope you're alright.

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 09:49 PM

Erm...it's a helpline, and they have a hotline, so I went and chatted to someone there. It's the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network. I don't even know if I belong there, but Alex was lovely.

Kahlia1981 23-11-2010 09:53 PM

*huggles all*

My wounds from the fall on sunday are mostly doing okay. One of them isn't so good. :( I see my GP tomorrow so I'm going to get him to have a look at it.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of individuals, I'm just not up to much yet - it's not even 7am.

*big hugs for all*

nicole94 23-11-2010 09:58 PM

*hugs mark, lia and kahlia*
i'm just a bit upset because i had a bad session with my therapist today :(

Doikers 23-11-2010 10:01 PM

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Kahlia* Wow your up early today!! (Tomorrow heh)

*Hugs Nicole* I don't like it when I have an awkward session with one of my many professionals so can empathise .

MammaMia 23-11-2010 10:20 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to apologise again for last night :(

*hugs wardies*

I'm not sure what's going to happen.....

Kahlia, I shall reply to your PM asap, same for yours Laura & Ian xx

I had a really **** day. I was still wound up over something. Ended up bursting into tears, so my tutor said I could go outside and she'd be out in a minute. Without thinking, I ended up disappearing to the toilets without informing anyone. So then she was REALLY worried, even searched one lot of loos. She was even considering phoning security team to see if I'd left the campus when my friend (well one) said she'd look around for me first. She found me, I'd calmed myself down and then broke down talking to her :( I told her about yesterday & she suggested I saw my mentor again so went to see her and poured it all out, even stuff over last six years. I feel emotionally exhausted as a result. I've never told anyone as much as I've told her apart from my best friend :|

On a happier note, I've booked my tickets to see Harry Potter on Sunday :D

Doikers 23-11-2010 10:24 PM

*Hugs Helen* I'm sorry you've had such a rough day , But Harry Potter Tickets !!! are you exited? (sp?)

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 10:28 PM

Yay, Harry Potter! I'm listening to wizard rock right now. Sorry you had a hard day. It's fine about yesterday, we all have our moments. *Hugs*

MammaMia 23-11-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2576984)
*Hugs Helen* I'm sorry you've had such a rough day , But Harry Potter Tickets !!! are you exited? (sp?)

*hugs Mark* I'm very excited. Waiting since Friday has been torture but now I have the tickets helps it a little :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2576990)
Yay, Harry Potter! I'm listening to wizard rock right now. Sorry you had a hard day. It's fine about yesterday, we all have our moments. *Hugs*

Yay indeed. Thanks for being understanding :) *hugs* Would you recommend RAINN? Feel free to PM me with your reply if you want to, I'm just vaguely looking at their website.

Doikers 23-11-2010 11:03 PM

*Night time Hugs My Wardies*

FlyingNy 23-11-2010 11:58 PM

Night night Mark *hugs*.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 12:32 AM

*Curls up on the floor with a duvet* I'm sleeping in the ward tonight. Night all. Anyone's welcome to join me in the least suggestive way possible.

Cazki 24-11-2010 12:58 AM

Hey everyone :)

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 01:04 AM

*Drags herself from floor and sits up.*

Ian, could you please move anything dangerous away from you? Anything you could use to hurt yourself. You're worth so much more.

Cazki 24-11-2010 01:16 AM

Sorry im just fed up and dont feel good. I'v been ok all day but now i feel low and i just cant do it anymore.

misskitty112 24-11-2010 01:25 AM

*hugs Ian* I'm around if you need to chat :) I pop on and off of RYL.

Guys... I'm scared. I've set a date. I can't keep going on like this, and I know... I know, somewhere in my mind that suicide won't do anything except rob me of the possibility of seeing better days. But things haven't been better for years... so i don't know.

misskitty112 24-11-2010 01:52 AM

Ian, you aren't moaning. I care about you. I'd be really sad if you weren't around. *hugs*

*spots Laura and hugs*

misskitty112 24-11-2010 03:09 AM

*Hugs Ian* is there anything you could do to make yourself feel safer?

xxjuliexx 24-11-2010 08:48 AM

evening everyone

Kahlia1981 24-11-2010 10:44 AM

*huggles all*

It has been a long day. :(

I saw my psychiatrist this morning ... It was kind of interesting. We talked about the session I had with the psychologist and why I wasn't going back. My psychiatrist told me that I was too intelligent for the "games" the psychologist was playing. He also said that it sounded like the psychologist was using straight CBT, and not even tailoring it for me, which explains why we were getting nowhere and I was getting frustrated. CBT does not work for me. Personally I don't believe it works at all, but that's me.

Anyway I'll stop clogging up the ward. I'll go into greater detail in my thread (link in signature) when I am able and have the time.

Sorry for the lack of individuals, but I'm leaving *big and gentle hugs* and *safe love and care packages* for all and *going out into the garden to play with Puppy SinClair*

Doikers 24-11-2010 10:45 AM

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Julie*

*hugs Felicia* Please please tell your Pysch Dr , or therapist or counsellor about your date , I'd hate anything to happen to you :(

*Hugs Ian* You're not moaning mate, thats why we are here , to support each other , things would NOT be better off if you killed yourself :(

*Hugs Kahlia* I do NOT like CBT either , I was my former CPN's guinea pig as she was being trained and I found it too invasive.

nicole94 24-11-2010 11:19 AM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 24-11-2010 11:30 AM

*Hugs Nicole*
*Pops off to the post office*

Kahlia1981 24-11-2010 11:30 AM

*hugs all*

Mark: CBT only works if the person believes it works - like most talk therapies. I had people using it on me and I'm not good at therapies that try to "push" you into doing things. I tend to push back instead of going where they want. *shrug* For me it isn't invasive ... I just don't talk. They get "yes" and "no" answers and nothing else which means they go nowhere and get frustrated and I get frustrated when they just keep rephrasing the questions.

nicole94 24-11-2010 11:36 AM

*hugs mark and kahlia*
whats the difference between DBT and CBT? they seem pretty similar to me.

MammaMia 24-11-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

CBT is not necessarily different than DBT. CBT is a term that refers to any type of psychotherapy that focuses on addressing the cognitive (thoughts and beliefs) and behavioral (actions) aspects of a disorder to reduce symptoms. DBT is actually one specific type of CBT that is used to treat borderline personality disorder.

When Dr. Marsha Linehan, the psychologist who developed DBT, first began testing treatments for people with BPD, she found that traditional CBT alone was not as helpful to people with BPD because of its strong focus on change, which people sometimes found invalidating. For this reason, she designed DBT to include some elements that, in the past, were not traditionally part of CBT. For example, in DBT there is a strong emphasis on mindfulness and acceptance (both by the patient and the therapist).

What is confusing is that, since DBT was developed, more and more cognitive-behavioral therapists have started to include some of these new modifications in their practice. There are also a number of other new CBTs for a variety of disorders that include elements such as mindfulness; one example is mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, or MBCT, for depression. As a result, DBT and other new therapies that include elements such as mindfulness and acceptance are being called “third-wave” cognitive-behavioral therapies because they represent a new trend in CBTs in general.
Hope that answers your question Nicole :)

MammaMia 24-11-2010 03:55 PM

*hugs ward*

Doikers 24-11-2010 04:07 PM

*Hugs Helen* How are you today?

*Hugs Nicole* How are you too?