RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Beyond repair. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248931)

one_step_closer 16-12-2019 03:55 PM

I'm sorry the appointment wasn't a great one. Was it you who didn't listen to much else or the psych who didn't listen to much else? (Or both of you?) How do you feel about restarting Sertraline?

I know it all seems overwhelming and hopeless but please don't give up. It's ok to take a break from fighting, in a safe way, to regain your energy but please do keep fighting for what you need when you're able to.

Are your cuts needing looked at?

I'm glad you have Bertie, does anything else soothe you at the moment?

chinahorse 16-12-2019 04:02 PM

Both.
Not restarting anything.
No MIU anymore.
No. Bertie is everything.

one_step_closer 16-12-2019 04:56 PM

Do you not feel like you have a good therapeutic relationship with the psych? Will you talk to your CPN on Friday if you have time?

chinahorse 16-12-2019 06:26 PM

I have no relationship with him.

one_step_closer 16-12-2019 08:03 PM

How do you get on with your CPN?

chinahorse 16-12-2019 09:27 PM

Shes ok.

one_step_closer 17-12-2019 12:52 PM

Will you have some time to talk to her on Friday?

chinahorse 17-12-2019 06:29 PM

Really cant cope with the PIP assessment.

Bellatrix 17-12-2019 07:11 PM

Have you got medical help? I saw your rv

chinahorse 17-12-2019 07:35 PM

We have been through this before. I can not afford literally so to get medical help in the evenings. Not that it's necessary at this point.

I'm worried so much about the PIP assessment.

Bellatrix 17-12-2019 09:56 PM

If you needed urgent medical attention you could call an ambulance.
I'm glad it's not needed

What parts are you worried about?

chinahorse 17-12-2019 10:02 PM

And how would I get home afterwards? I can hardly walk 14.7 miles.

Pomegranate 17-12-2019 10:59 PM

You said it was in the evenings there was an issue. Not during the day. People are trying to be supportive and helpful and whilst I understand your frustration, having been in very similar before, your anger that comes across in responses seems very displaced. Oh, And a&e can arrange transport or funded taxi home in some circumstances.

chinahorse 18-12-2019 12:53 AM

The world isnt rainbows and stars and neither am I. At no point did I say hello me get medical help. I said I'm worried about PIP. To start a conversation about that. A and e doesnt have funding jn my area nor do I or did I want to talk about that. Either respond to what I want help for in my thread or leave it alone.

chinahorse 18-12-2019 12:54 AM

Also. 5.29 is evening in terms of public transport.

Pomegranate 18-12-2019 12:58 AM

You’re correct. Nothing is, but that doesn’t mean you have to be rude when people are trying to help. The world may seem shitty but doesn’t mean your responses need to be.

That aside, you mentioned wanting help. What would you like us to help with? Is it to talk about PIP anxiety or is there other things as well?

chinahorse 18-12-2019 01:03 AM

She wasnt trying to help though? Not with what I asked for help for.

This is why I dont ask people for help in everyday life. They dont listen. Answer what they want and think the issue is. Not what I've asked for help for.

And I am not rude. That is your interpretation. And it is wrong.

Fire Fly 18-12-2019 01:43 AM

But the thing is that you’re not exactly wanting helping either to an extent. Things people offer your dissatisfied with. This people suggest you just don’t want to try out but you then decide to have a go at people on a thread. What’s the point in being rude about it? Not happy with what someone says don’t rise to it. You say you want help but then you’re not trying to source it. You get up and leave your psych appt, you’ve declined support a few time throughout this thread from a professional.

Whilst MH services are sytetched, you’re currently not working. If you get a job you can try to arrange shifts around a certain day or half day to avoid because of medical condition. Jobs aren’t really allowed to not hire because you can’t work half a day or a certain day because of medical appointments. Can you arrange psych, psychologist/con/hospital appt etc around it?

I’m not sure that this thread is really helping because the thing is a lot of what you ask you know it as you “been there before”.

Fire Fly 18-12-2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinahorse (Post 4250689)

And I am not rude. That is your interpretation. And it is wrong.

Haha but this is^^

Auror. 18-12-2019 02:45 AM

Do you want to talk about your anxiety related to PIP?

I get being really frustrated. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of times recently you've only been responding with either one line or minimal responses.

It's absolutely up to you to choose what to share or to be worn out and not want to post a detailed response. But I think then sometimes people can have a hard time knowing what to say or how to interpret what is going on for you, and maybe that's when assumptions get made?

Also re the prolactin thing, are they checking into that further if your levels are still too high? Would the medication the psychiatrist suggested impact prolactin levels? I guess it's just hard because a psychiatrist's main job is to prescribe and help with psychiatric medication. So if you're not currently taking any medication and also unwilling to take anything, there really isn't much a psychiatrist can do for you. I get being frustrated with them not listening, but if the scope of their work is to suggest/monitor your psychiatric meds, then there's only so much that person can do outside of that. That doesn't make it right, and I get why you walked out. But unfortunately walking out and not trying to communicate what is going on might not be seen as wanting help or as willingness to engage by your providers.

When do you next see someone for support?