RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Sparky! 08-03-2010 04:15 PM

Heh, well yes. I'm like halfway through and kind of enjoying it though, 'cos it's easy to read and just pretty stupid really. Not exactly a 'good book' though!

one_step_closer 09-03-2010 07:46 PM

Just finished Prozac Diary - Lauren Slater. Now reading Bedside Stories - Michael Foxton.

Devil Girl 09-03-2010 08:47 PM

Finished Eight Stories Up: An Adolescent Chooses Hope Over Suicide By Dequincy A. Lezine today. Was informative, but having read 4 others in the series a lot is repeated, plus aimed at americans so lots of mention of insurance etc.

Have read the first three stories out of Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams By Sylvia Plath - I like it. In some ways they are better than The Bell Jar, in others they are not. But will be dipping in and out of that book I think.

Going to start Impulse By Ellen Hopkins tonight I think!

Alix 09-03-2010 09:16 PM

I just finished reading Looking for Alaska, now I'm reading Geek Love.

Enelya 09-03-2010 09:37 PM

Reading "The Rapture" by Liz Jensen

RiseFromTheAshes 11-03-2010 07:33 PM

'Battle Royale' by Koshun Takami - excellent, but it's put me off the film, there was so much left out!

one_step_closer 12-03-2010 07:40 PM

Spiral - Koji Suzuki.

Serenade 13-03-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiseFromTheAshes (Post 2178444)
'Battle Royale' by Koshun Takami - excellent, but it's put me off the film, there was so much left out!

I love the film too, the book is an enjoyable read I felt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2180130)
Spiral - Koji Suzuki.

Would you recommend this? I have read 'Ring' and quite enjoyed that, it had a brooding atmosphere.

I am currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

PixieHope. 13-03-2010 05:09 PM

Spiral is a good book but I got v.confused lol.

I finished the Kite Runner last night, it was so good. I dunno what to read next :(

mikey 13-03-2010 10:06 PM

I really enjoyed the Kite Runner.

I have nearly finished 'Nation' by Terry Pratchett, and next I am planning to read 'The Testament of Gideon Mack' by James Robertson, for the third time, as it's one of my favourite novels.

Serenade 14-03-2010 02:37 AM

I bought that Gideon Mack one recently mikey, the blurb intrigued me.

And I will probs get onto checking out Spiral eventually too, I'm sure his trilogy has a theme of water or something, Ring, Spiral and Dark Water.

ColourExplosion 14-03-2010 02:50 PM

I'm currently reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Just finished reading The DaVinci Code, which was amazing, so I'm expecting this book to be pretty similar if not better xD I've saw Angels and Demons on movie and it was pretty awesome.

crazykat 14-03-2010 02:52 PM

A Puppy Called Aero-Liam Creed

PixieHope. 14-03-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenade (Post 2182439)
I bought that Gideon Mack one recently mikey, the blurb intrigued me.

And I will probs get onto checking out Spiral eventually too, I'm sure his trilogy has a theme of water or something, Ring, Spiral and Dark Water.

I thought the last book of the trilogy was Loop, Dark Water was completely different.

Devil Girl 14-03-2010 09:50 PM

I finished Impulse By Ellen Hopkins - I enjoyed it, and was nice to read something slightly 'different' for once, but did lack substance.

Also read today Monkey Taming By Hudith Fathallah - I enjoyed it and it was a quick and easy read. One of those eating disorder books that reminds you how quickly you can plunge into anorexia without realising it but that it is a battle to climb back out of it. It was aimed at teenages though so again did lack substance. But a 'nicer' eating disorder book compared to some that I have read.

crippser 14-03-2010 10:13 PM

just finished girl interupted, and have lent it out to some one, but i want it back to read again !!!
but just starting poppy shakespeare by claire allan

silverfaerychild 17-03-2010 02:02 AM

i'm reading a recent book from last year called :

The Devil's Alphabet by Daryl Gregory

it has a similar plot line to silent hill but like way better..no gore of what i read so far..and its gripping like you want to find out what really happend to the people in switchcreek

fallen wings44 17-03-2010 03:08 PM

names will never hurt me by:jaime adoff
it is awsome i love it! i relate to the charecter kurt im on chapter 7

one_step_closer 18-03-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenade (Post 2180987)
Would you recommend this? I have read 'Ring' and quite enjoyed that, it had a brooding atmosphere.

It was ok, not as good as Ring.

Now reading Red Tears - Joanna Kenrick.

one_step_closer 19-03-2010 03:36 PM

Before I Die - Jenny Downham.