RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 25-12-2010 12:26 PM

Merry Christmas all :) I am sat in the living room watching Glee on my tod. Last night was brilliant. I spent it with my mum's best friend's family. I wish they were my family, they're brilliant. We go over there every year. Hope eveeryone has a good day!

Sorry, I haven't read any posts because it's a pain on my phone, but *hugs* to anyone who wants them.

frenchhorn 25-12-2010 01:13 PM

merry winter season everyone *hugs all who want hugs and waves at others*

shadowedsoul 25-12-2010 01:48 PM

merry xmas guys!!!! sorry i havnt been around in a while. life got a little crazy, erm still is i guess. hope everyone is okay. sorry guys. xx

Doikers 25-12-2010 01:51 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Jill* I've missed you.

*Hugs Lia*

aoife77 25-12-2010 02:06 PM

Hugs everyone :) Hope you're all having a good Christmas and enjoying the traditional fare. Have a pleasant day. Slainte :)

ljmeep 25-12-2010 04:10 PM

Mark, hugs are always welcome & thanks. Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas. I woke up w/ a cold this moring, but still enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts. My 5 yr old won't stop playing w/ his new wrestling ring! lol

Doikers 25-12-2010 05:17 PM

It seems I don't like like being around groups of people , even if they are my own family sometimes , for extended periods of time *Sigh* I got out to walk the dog alone , thats something :)

*Hugs Ljmeep* Thats so cool , most presants here have been for my almost 1 year old neice hehe .

aoife77 25-12-2010 05:39 PM

I hate the holidays, its such a difficult time of year, at least I can rely on an endorphin rush to help me get through today sigh * I want today to be over with :(

one_step_closer 25-12-2010 06:41 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 25-12-2010 07:07 PM

*Hug Aoife* How's is your Christmas Day Going?

*Hugs Lindsay* How are you coping hun?

aoife77 25-12-2010 07:53 PM

Hello Mark, how are you? Christmas day has been a disaster, I cant wait for it to be over *sigh* I dont do well with family gatherings. Its very stressful, I'm looking forward to getting it over with, I cut several times and the day's not done yet :(. I hope you day is much better. Do have a pleasant evening. Take care. Hugs to all. happy Holidays. Slainte :)

Doikers 25-12-2010 08:50 PM

*Hugs Aoife / Slainte* My Christmas is stressful too , I do not do crowds even if they are my family , that makes me sound selfish and scrooge like but I have a moderatley low Anxiety thresh-hold . I want to cut I realy do , I'm just thing how to do it without getting caught :S

Doikers 25-12-2010 09:27 PM

So I just cut , not seriously, but it was an effort to do it secretly :S But I felt so much better instantley ..........

aoife77 25-12-2010 10:14 PM

*Hugs mark* I m so sorry to hear that, hope it isnt too serious but nevertheless do take good care of the wounds *hugs, gently applies salve* It does not make you sound like Scrouge, in fact I avoid crowds year round, wonder what you'd call me :P. I hope you dont get caught, I know the feeling of relief , I cut as well today at several points in time, a pity its only temporary relief. I hope your night is much better. If you need anything at all dont hesitate to message me. take care my friend * you are in my thoughts * Be safe :)

Doikers 25-12-2010 10:34 PM

*Hugs Aoife* Crowds freak me but now it's just me up in my old bedroom and my parents downstairs watching T.V. .*Yawns* Am tired , we are all at my sisters familys bungalow for tomorrow , ERP ERP ERP , I simply won't be able to cut there , Thankyou Diaz .

aoife77 25-12-2010 11:08 PM

*hugs Mark* sleep well and pleasant dreams. I hope tomorrow has an even better day in-store for you. Tomorrow I think I'll spend in the library reading up on gerontology, Aubrey is a role model of mine :) Do have a good night. Cheers :)

FlyingNy 25-12-2010 11:34 PM

*Hugs all*

Christmas didn't feel like Christmas, but I did just get the news that my best friend is re-engaged :)

Jill!!!! *Hugs* I missed you. I was worried, I thought something had happened. That's the second piece of good news I have received today. I hope your Christmas was a good one and that you're ok.

frenchhorn 26-12-2010 12:34 AM

*hugs all*
The following content has been hidden - Reason : me taking up space, sorry

it didn't feel like christmas day for me either. It was bad, grandma kept calling me birthname ad girl (although she forgets things a lot so not too bothered) but my father, he didn't even try to call me Oliver, kept calling me girl. at 8.30 this morning my mum was in my room trying to find a cd, he came barging in, swearing, shouting at my mum, telling her to get out the way, glaring at me and scaring me, although cos he had a cold he spent most the day upstairs, but still shouted, glared at us and made the day crap.
sorry I just neededto get that off my chest somewhere.
my mum said she would be supportive of my mental health stuff, but she isn't, she just goes oh i thought you were better, she thinks it will go in a few weeks.

hope everyone had an ok day.

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 02:58 AM

*offers hug to oliver if you want*
sorry your christmas was rough and sorry your dad was being a jerk :(
that must suck majorly being called someone you arent <3

*hugs anyone else*
thankfully today is over
*curls up* tummy feels icky and i wanna cut and :(

frenchhorn 26-12-2010 03:00 AM

*hugs heather* try not to cut, you got anything you can do to distract yourself

FlyingNy 26-12-2010 03:10 AM

*Hugs Heather and Oliver* Sorry neither of you enjoyed the day. Please try not to cut Heather.

I'm turning in for the night now. Night night wardies. <3

ljmeep 26-12-2010 03:17 AM

*hugs mark* sorry you cut... I wanted to a few times today, but never had enough privacy to do so... all for thebest. I did get to down a couple margaritas though, courtosy of my sis. :) I'm not much of a drinker so it was more than enough to take the edge off before we migrated from my family to my hubby's.

I had my anxiety level actually hit it's high when we got home and my hubby started complaining that no one offered him a drink (my family doesn't like when he drinks and neither do i b/c he becomes an ass) and he was complaining that my sis went behind our backs to give Bryce cookies after we told him no (doesn't bother me too much, but only cuz it's Christmas). I almost cut right then, but the kids were still up and again i couldn't get away. Now I'm here so maybe I can find the stregth not to do what I want so badly to do. :/

ljmeep 26-12-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 (Post 2623860)
*offers hug to oliver if you want*
sorry your christmas was rough and sorry your dad was being a jerk :(
that must suck majorly being called someone you arent <3

*hugs anyone else*
thankfully today is over
*curls up* tummy feels icky and i wanna cut and :(

So sorry your tummy feels icky and that you feel like cutting... I'm right there with you... except for the icky tummy part *hugs*

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 03:24 AM

hmm am watching dr who [no one tell me what happen :P] so hopeuflly that distracty. just feel ergh. cant believe how much i ate :(

frenchhorn 26-12-2010 03:24 AM

hi ljmeep, I'm Oliver, don't think we have met. please don't cut, keep taking on here if it helps to distract you

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 03:25 AM

how was your day lia? <3

frenchhorn 26-12-2010 03:29 AM

I need to watch dr who later, heard mixed things about it.
*hugs*

night Lia *hugs*

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 03:33 AM

its interesting o.O lol

ljmeep 26-12-2010 03:35 AM

Thanks, oliver... that's why i'm here... my daughter is also distracting me but also stressing me out by fighting sleep. She's exhausted... i'm trying to let her cry it out, but I hate hearing her cry :( I hope she falls asleep soon.... *yawn* I just need to chat long enough for me to get tired enough to sleep... :/

ljmeep 26-12-2010 03:50 AM

k... hubby is really annoying me right now. He's been complaining for the pat 30 mins or better about not being able to find his work id and stuff and then instead of letting tes cry it out, like she needs too cuz she's exhausted, he grabbed her up and handed her off to me! ugh!

really not in the mood for his cranky attitude. At least tes has an excuse... she's 7 months old and has been up most of the day!

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 04:17 AM

*offers hug*

hmmm i cant decide if i liekd this episode or not haha

ˈsäləˌterē 26-12-2010 04:32 AM

Hey Heather, you don't know me but I'm here too.

ljmeep 26-12-2010 05:51 AM

*curls up in a ball and sighs* so not feeling good right now. My bff is kinda down and I'm trying to be supportive, but I'm feeling pretty damn low myself. :( *tears* really just wanna sleep, but can't shut the brain off. ugh!

ˈsäləˌterē 26-12-2010 06:00 AM

Have you tried listenin to your favorite music?

ljmeep 26-12-2010 06:13 AM

trying to be quiet so as not to wake the kids and i have no head phones :(

ˈsäləˌterē 26-12-2010 06:57 AM

Kelly, did ya get to sleep?

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 07:58 AM

ugh. i wanna sleep but my back hurts and cant get comfy so am back online >.<

ˈsäləˌterē 26-12-2010 08:16 AM

Hey Heather, I'm still up too.

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 08:30 AM

hi =],

ˈsäləˌterē 26-12-2010 08:38 AM

Hi, sorry your back hurts!

risenfromperdition 26-12-2010 08:51 AM

eh i'll be fine but thanks how're you

what time is it where you are?

Doikers 26-12-2010 10:59 AM

*Hugs Aoife* What is gerontology?

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Oliver* I'm sorry to hear that mate , I hope today is better :)

*Hugs Heather* Try not to cut hun , Pot/kettle I know :S

*Hugs Ljmeep*

*Hugs Solo*

one_step_closer 26-12-2010 03:48 PM

*hugs everyone*

ljmeep 26-12-2010 03:58 PM

solo, yes I finally got some sleep. was pleasantly surprised that the kids slept an extra hour! They are normally up at 7 am but slept 'til 8 for me. I feel better this morning than I did last night. Lack of sleep is not a good thing for me.

Now if I can just make it through the day. Hubby is working so I'm stuck at home with all 3 o' the kids today. So far... aside from the kids opening a game they shouldn't have, they've been pretty good. I think if I can convince Ty (my 3 yr old) to take a nap after lunch all should go smoothly. I'll be off and on here today though... just to keep myself strong. :)

Thanks for careing :)

ljmeep 26-12-2010 04:00 PM

*hugs mark back* Morning ... I dunno 'bout anyone else, but I'm addicted to soda. I have to have one when I wake up (I know horrible habbit, but then again so are lots of things I do) and I only have one left to get me through the day... :/ ... kinda worries me... Yicks! LOL

nicole94 26-12-2010 04:15 PM

*hugs everyone* I hope you all had an ok christmas.x :)

ljmeep 26-12-2010 04:18 PM

you too, nicole94. Hope your Christmas was decent too :) ... I for one am glad it's over ... lol

nicole94 26-12-2010 04:24 PM

lol. Bless. I kinda enjoyed it, i found having to be social and stuff all day hard, but i think i did pretty well :) (But then i woke up at 7 this morning and started being sick cause of how much i drank yesterday XD) But yeah, i'm glad it's over really.
Oh and it was my first ever white christmas :)

ljmeep 26-12-2010 04:29 PM

how did you like the white Christmas? I'm not much for snow and we barely missed having a white christmas here... lol. I had a couple of margarittas, but it wasn't enough to numb me as much as I would have liked and it wore off before I really needed it at the end of the night.. :P

nicole94 26-12-2010 04:33 PM

It was nice. we didnt go out, but it was nice to have the snow outside :)
I only had 2 bottles of jaques and 2 glasses of bucks fizz lol. Normally i'm on the vodka and it doesn't affect me at all :/ but hey-ho. I wasn't drunk, but then i was sick this morning :/