RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Don't call me crazy- bbc 3 (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209541)

Clive 10-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranticMind (Post 3613035)
yes i am in direct contact with them, i was in the mcguiness unit for 2 years with them. they wanted to be apart of the show to raise awareness of mental illness in teenagers.

Ah, I see - thanks so much for letting us know how they are :-)

pb&banana 11-07-2013 08:45 PM

It will be very interesting to see the progression of BBC Three's mad world season. I am still...thinking about Don't call me crazy, not sure what to make of it but hearing updates and seeing progress thanks for that.

_wendy_ 11-07-2013 09:56 PM

sorry to go back, but the Sectioned programme was filmed at Highbury as far as I remember, was done before I was a patient though, so if anyone has any old links for it, I would be interested to watch it now as a former patient, rather than when I watched it before and had never been inpatient.

I enjoyed the don't call me crazy series, but from a professional point of view as I work with CAMHs and EHWB teams most weeks as part of my current job, so was interesting to see the extreme side.
The lad who had the bad voices and hot himself etc, I felt really sorry for, could so relate to that anger and frustration of the constant voices, even my husbands first comment was 'that's like you that is' and he never really talks openly about it, so was good to start a conversation. I was sad for him though, to be moved overnight to an adult ward from adolescent, would of been such a huge shock, going from all that input, therapies etc, to nothing. just because he was a day older.

Looking forward to the mad world season.

yoyogirl 14-07-2013 08:30 PM

I can't wait to watch it

raspberry_swirl 14-07-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl who dissapeared (Post 3611730)
In short you have all your human rights stripped from you the moment someone says 'your under section.'

I have NOTHING positive to say about the mental health system.

I'm sorry you had that experience and you shouldn't have been put in with adults and what you describe sounds awful.

However, I don't think the above bit is true, or at least not for everyone. I've been under s2 and s3 and never once did I feel all my human rights were stripped from me (even if they were, legally - I'm not sure). TBH I view the s3 as actually a turning point when my new, well, life really started. I don't have much positive to say about that stay in general as the experience was awful but I wouldn't be well now without it, and the life I was living was hell.

MaxLFC 15-07-2013 01:00 PM

Don't Call Me Crazy

I really liked the show. Depression is known, but some people don't treat it as something serious - if you tell someone you feel depressed, they'll just say you'll be better soon. That show shows the people it's very serious. Was so happy when the likes of Beth and George left.

fragile as glass 15-07-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _wendy_ (Post 3613929)
sorry to go back, but the Sectioned programme was filmed at Highbury as far as I remember, was done before I was a patient though, so if anyone has any old links for it, I would be interested to watch it now as a former patient, rather than when I watched it before and had never been inpatient.

I would have thought you'd find it pretty easily on youtube

Stellata 15-07-2013 08:55 PM

Nope. Not that I could find anyway.

Comatose. 15-07-2013 11:22 PM

If anyone could post the link to Sectioned it would be muchos appreciated, can't find it anywhere online!

xx

fragile as glass 16-07-2013 05:11 PM

Ok I admit defeat - I'm usually good with the internet but can't find it. I was WRONG! Sorry!

MaxLFC 18-07-2013 12:06 PM

Diaries of a broken mind

Anyone watched Diaries of a Broken Mind?

Buttons. 18-07-2013 12:15 PM

^ Yes there's a thread for that :)