RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hand holding, please. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256375)

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 07:29 AM

Hand holding, please.

This morning I found out I'm pregnant.

I know I need to ring my CPN or my support worker but I have no idea what to say or anything.

I just need a hand to hold because I don't think this journey is going to be easy.

Koala hugs 06-09-2019 09:34 AM

Bless ur heart hugs and congratulations. I'd just come out with it when ringing cpn I'd be like well I have some very surprising news to tell you so I hope you're siting down and then just be like I'm pregnant. Good luck with everything I hope it all goes well. Will be thinking of you.

Koala hugs 06-09-2019 09:38 AM

Also I think your gp would need to know if they don't already

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 12:01 PM

Thanks so much.

I think I'm going to let it settle in over the weekend as I'm seeing my support worker on Monday anyway.

Koala hugs 06-09-2019 12:08 PM

OK sounds like an idea. Mayb ring gp for advice today as if you re on any medication you can ask gp if it's OK to take it while pregnant good luck with everything

one_step_closer 06-09-2019 12:10 PM

We are here for you in whatever small way we can be. Take care of yourself over the weekend, and always, and I hope you get on ok with your support worker.

tamobhuuta 06-09-2019 12:14 PM

Congratulations, I hope you get all the support you need. It's definitely important to tell the people involved with your care.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 02:10 PM

Thanks so much <3

Auror. 06-09-2019 04:51 PM

Sending love. Is the father someone you can trust? Have you told him or anyone else you are close to? Maybe that would be a good way to start out so they can support you with telling your care providers? Or even practice by telling a cat or pet you are close to (I know you used to have cats, unsure if you still do).

Sorry for the questions, I'm sure you've got a lot in your own head. Thinking of you.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 06:44 PM

Thanks I have told my partner and yes my cat too! but he said I can't tell anyone else yet but I told him I had to tell my CPN/Support Worker and he agreed to that. This is stressful becuase I'm concered already about exams and scans and all these medical things which I hate.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 06:49 PM

I'm also terrified that now the option to kill myself has been taken away from me becuase I have this other thing to think of. That makes me a terrible person I know. I'm being very selfish right now.

Auror. 06-09-2019 06:56 PM

I don't think you are being selfish. Why does your partner not want you to tell anyone? I think given your history fear of exams and scans makes total sense so having as much support as possible would be good. Do your people now know of your history and why that may be difficult?

EyelinerAndCigarettes 06-09-2019 07:00 PM

I think he's worried something will go wrong and it'll let people down cause maybe they would get excited and stuff and then be sad.

They are aware so I'm hoping they would be understanding but I don't have a regular Doctor at the moment so it means explaining it all but maybe my SW could explain it.

Thanks again, just having someone listen is so helpful.

Soft Kitty 06-09-2019 10:04 PM

Finding out you're pregnant, especially if it was unexpected, is such a big thing! It's definitely not selfish to feel all the things you do, so go easy on yourself. Definitely get in touch with your mental health team when you can as it'll be good and important to have someone to talk to as all these thoughts and feelings come up. We're here. Xx

Auror. 06-09-2019 10:27 PM

I mean I guess I can understand your partner's concern. But it's also something that is going on with your body, so I think it's also up to you in terms of who you tell and also what telling people looks like. Your wants and needs are super important here, please don't discount those. Putting you first does not make you selfish. This is, I imagine, a complicated situation, and having a lot of different emotions all at once is definitely okay.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 07-09-2019 06:25 AM

Thank you for the reassurance.

I feel exhausted with all the emotion but I guess I'm still in shock. I will definitely bring it up with my MH team on Monday and call the GP.

Soft Kitty 07-09-2019 06:25 PM

How are you feeling today?

EyelinerAndCigarettes 07-09-2019 07:20 PM

Thanks for asking.

I'm okay, very tired. I keep waking up in the night over and over just 'thinking'. I'm actually looking forward to Monday now so I can air some of what I feel in real life.

one_step_closer 08-09-2019 11:11 AM

It must be hard having so much going through your mind and not having a chance to talk it through with someone. I hope you can have a good chat tomorrow.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 08-09-2019 01:50 PM

Thanks Lindsay.