RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What would you say to someone who inspires you? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29341)

Per Ardua ad Astra 01-01-2008 04:19 PM

What would you say to someone who inspires you?

I'm writing a letter to somebody who really inspires me but I can't think of things to write to elaborate it, It in my head but I can't find the right words to say other things.

"You really inspire me" isn't really what I'm looking for and I don't love the person.

What would you say in the situation/letter?

sparkle. 01-01-2008 04:24 PM

"I really look up to you/admire you, I wish I could be like you/do x like you. Thank you for...{whatever they inspire you about}. I'm grateful for knowing you because you inspire me and show me that {insert whatever}."

Um, I'm not really sure sorry, but good luck with it :) x

squirrelspit 01-01-2008 04:29 PM

you could say like.. because of (x), you really give my the confidence in myself to achieve (x). i think you are inspirational, and an all round top human being.

yeah, i really dont know. sorry.

The Hierophant 01-01-2008 04:52 PM

You inspire me in words that can't explain like the sun causes the flower to blossom and the rain encourages it's beauty.

Or something.

something vague 01-01-2008 09:56 PM

^that's beautiful.

I'd say;
"you're welll cool."

or something, preferrably without the word cool, but i can't think of a substitute.

gypsyroselee 01-01-2008 10:22 PM

to be honest, i'd be like "yur pretty cool. i like you.wicked."

MeganAlmighty 03-01-2008 07:41 PM

i would use humour and try not to be too soppy. and i definetley say ''I swear i f***ing love you man!''

bobidrawpictures 03-01-2008 07:43 PM

you are like cool

did you know you were cool?

no? well you should know you are cool

umm i dont speak to people that often

i shouldnt be allowed to

Scumbelina 03-01-2008 07:55 PM

I wanted to tell you what you mean to me because you have touched my life & I wanted you to know.....

When you do/did 'what you do/did'.... I thought/think it was amazing & I wish I could do that/be like that.

I look up to you because......

Thank you for....... & being an inspiration to me.

Per Ardua ad Astra 03-01-2008 11:34 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, i used bits of everyones advice and mixed it all up like a cake mix :tongue2: I've written the first draft of the letter and about to rewrite it so it makes sense and not a load of rubbish i may post the inspiration part up later.

Ta :thumbup:

Scumbelina 03-01-2008 11:48 PM

Share when you've finished it?

Dicky T 04-01-2008 04:00 AM

I once saw a program about Ronan Keating. A fan met him in person and told him how he "saved her life".
Oh how I laughed.

But anyway, I personally wouldn't, because I'm fairly sure that Kurt Cobain is dead, and Kevin Barnes wouldn't give a crap.

Dicky!