RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 09:22 PM

ooh i like that i've not seen that one before :-D
I used to have about 4 books all for different things. I'm thinking of restarting a new one so hunting new quotes.

“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

random quotes rock

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 09:23 PM

hey sorry, I was still here kind of, i just popped into first aid forum, but its all good now. I like quotes too, well the good ones that make sense to me, I have a little book of quotations too!

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 09:25 PM

I came across this one a bit ago.. cant make up my mind about it.

"I have this great imaginary world, but sometimes I just need things
to happen for real"

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 09:26 PM

I just picked up my quotation book, I've not looked at it in a while, and it fell open on the death/dying page.....obviously I've looked at that a lot in the past but I just don't remember....

Detour. Derail 24-07-2008 09:27 PM

"a man who finds no satisfaction in himself will seek for it in vain elsewhere"
"remember...the darkest hour only lasts 60 minutes"
"if you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye, but if you forget the past, you are blind in both eyes"

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 09:28 PM

thats one reason i used to categorise the quotes into different books.. i have one full of things that are triggering, oddly sometimes they help to put off things.. but yeh. *huggles*

Detour. Derail 24-07-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horizon_surfer (Post 949074)
I came across this one a bit ago.. cant make up my mind about it.

"I have this great imaginary world, but sometimes I just need things
to happen for real"

That PRETTY MUCH sums up how I feel right now...

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice Of Reason (Post 949088)
That PRETTY MUCH sums up how I feel right now...

It would usually for me.. only atm even my imaginated reality isnt real enough or things are too real in the wrong sense. i dont think i can explain.

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 09:40 PM

hmmmm, this can be deleted if its unsuitable/too triggering, but its meant to be a quote of hope.....

"Razors pain you; Rivers are damp; Acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live." Dorothy Parker 1893 - 1967

Detour. Derail 24-07-2008 09:42 PM

I love that :O

Detour. Derail 24-07-2008 09:45 PM

"History does nothing; it does not posses immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this"
Karl Marx

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 09:55 PM

ok, I don't like getting too political or starting debates, but this quote just struck a chord with me today and where my head is at right now, and I know I've no reason to get in a tiz-woz as I knew Eoghan was in the army when I met him, but obv. I'm not perfect by a long shot....waffling again....sorry...

"Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" Herbert Hoover

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 10:06 PM

Thats a fitting war one.. and so true.
These arent really connected to anything as such, i just like them right now:

"But what I see is that everyone keeps changing, evolving, except for
me. I lack courage. Not the kind of courage it takes to rescue a
person from a burning building. Not adrenaline courage. But everyday
courage, the kind that, once it’s added up, day after day, equals a
happy life."

“Drink and dance and laugh and lie, Love, the reeling midnight through, For tomorrow we shall die! (But, alas, we never do)”

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 10:08 PM

:( Hugs mors certa.. 'its a dangerous business going out your front door..'
at least its safer in here?

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 10:10 PM

oh mors certa, thats just like kicking someone in the nuts when they've already had a beating and are lying in the gutter. I won't end it for you though, you know what my post said to you in your thread, yeah unfortuantely you've more S*** to live through, but somewhere out there, masked by the vile smell of s*** is something amazing that is worth holding on for. So just try and stay safe, the padded cell is good, it got me through some tough nights. I'm just a holler away, although I've taken my nighttime meds now, so don't know how much longer I'll be actively chatting, but I'm trying to stay online as long as possible so that I'm not more of a f*** up than I already have been tonight.

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 10:12 PM

horizon surfer, good quotes, thanks for sharing. Has it helped you at all? Are you feeling bit better than earlier? *snuggles*

*snuggles door of padded cell* as mors certa is already in there before snuggling could commence, lol

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 10:14 PM

*snuggles back* yes it's actually helped me calm down immensely. Thank you. I hope you're doing a bit better too now?

horizon_surfer 24-07-2008 10:20 PM

mors are you ok or do you think you should get your eye/skin checked out? take care of yourself.. don't mean to be patronising, just care for your wellbeing!

CrazyHayley 24-07-2008 10:20 PM

Mors Certa - I'm not asleep yet, so use your good eye for whatever! Do you need to seek treatment? Are you sure you'll be ok in the padded cell by yourself? should we leave the door ajar so that you can get some fresh air?!
Horizon Surfer - glad you've calmed down, i'm feeling better, but alas it is the way when you've just cut, that I know I'll sleep well tonight, but the morning will be another story completely....

Detour. Derail 24-07-2008 10:21 PM

hi mors certa...we havent met...ive been in hiding the past few days...
that sounds reallly crappy...*hugs*