RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My "friend" accused me of lying and now she pretends I don't exist! help! *mentions SI and ED* (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44034)

I-Feel-Infinite 18-04-2008 07:32 PM

My "friend" accused me of lying and now she pretends I don't exist! help! *mentions SI and ED*

Seriously, I have not lied to her... she thinks i read through her diary?
and i DIDN'T and in return she searches my best friends room, read her txts and letters from me to my best friend and is now using the EXTREMELY PRIVATE information against me...

and now she's acting like i don't exist!

i've said sorry SO many times!

and i swear she's a pathological liar...

EXAMPLE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:
I touch a tree, she sees me touching a tree, then subconsciously she makes herself believe thats he touched it too... like she's CONVINCED - and i don't think she realizes she makes up the stories..

so back to real life situation.... she saw me SI, and suddenly she comes in with a bandage on the next day and says she does too - there was nothing underneath the bandage!
she read my best friends txts from me about my eating disorder... and suddenly she has one too!

i just find it unfair that i DID not read her diary and she DELIBERATELY searches private possession as "pay back"

i don't know what to do anymore - i'm scared she'll convince herself that somehow i'm bullying her and tell school authority.

please what am i supposed to do?

Silver Phoenix 18-04-2008 07:40 PM

Have you spoken to your best friend about what she's doing? Are any other people aware of what she is doing? If she does end up going to the school authority will there be other people who will either stand up for up or at least acknowledge the fact that she is known for lying?

You know you didn't do it and that she is lying so as hard as it is I think the best thing to do is try and ignore her, all talk to a teacher at school about it?

Tell her that you think what she is doing is unfair and that even if you did read her diary that still wouldn't give her the right to act like she is. By the sounds of it she is acting quite childishly. Maybe keep a diary of things she is doing towards you so that if she does tell anyone you have proof of things she has been doing.

So that probably doesn't help much, but I hope things get better x

TimesLikeThese 18-04-2008 07:41 PM

I've been in this situation before. This girl made up a string of lies that I believed, but then it ended up to be lies, and she told everyone I was the one who started the rumours and was bullying her. I got in trouble with the police, and school, and I was completely innocent. A lot of other things happened too, but I shan't go into detail...

If she's a compulsive liar, I'd take caution. It was way out of line for her to search your private things like that, even if it WAS for payback.

What I'd do is distance yourself from her; ignore her, walk alternate ways, do whatever it takes really.

But it will be okay, I promise, it'll get sorted.

PM if you ever need to talk x

I-Feel-Infinite 18-04-2008 07:53 PM

yeah i have talked to my best friend, she's been accused too...
it's just this "friend" she's had a track record of breaking up friendships.... she's never had anyone close so I welcomed her with open arms into my friendship group....
and I was genuinely nice to her, and genuinely liked her.

i've given her so many benefits of the doubts... but when she SI-ed ...because she needed to do it right there and then...in front of me, she REALLY crossed the line.....

I am keeping a diary of what's really happening, coz i've noticed her sitting there with us a lunch, staring at each of us in turn and scribbling stuff down in her diary (she denies it is tho).......

and at her old school she got suspended for bullying because she convinced herself this girl was friends with her when she wasnt and therefor bullied each one of the girl's real friends... if that makes sense?

i really don't understand...
i would tell a teacher first... but i have no idea what to say...

TimesLikeThese 18-04-2008 08:05 PM

Keeping a diary is a good idea. She sounds like a very odd friend. But I must admit, it all sounds familiar to me. Its happened to me. Several times. You're not alone. Chin up.

I-Feel-Infinite 18-04-2008 08:15 PM

... yeah i'm glad i'm not alone!
thanks!!

yeah i know she's odd - she's done SO many malicious things and yet I still gave her benefits of the doubts!
*sigh*
not this time though I don't think....
she found out some VERY VERY personal stuff about me by searching my best friend's room...

N.Bluth 18-04-2008 08:17 PM

I'd also recommend the diary idea, then if she takes it any further, you'll have an up to date record of all the incidents that have happened.
If you would like to speak to a teacher, please do. Go to one you like, or feel comfortable around. I know you'll feel awkward, but just try to explain the situation. Maybe say, you're a bit concerned because you've recently fallen out and she's been behaving oddly. Your teacher will listen and even if they can't offer a remedy, the staff will be prepared if the issue goes any further. Good luck xx