RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 13-01-2009 05:23 AM

*comes out of hiding and looks around*

Hi all. I'm absolutely exhausted at the moment ... have grown sick of bailing water out of the house so have decided to let it win for the moment. As long as it doesn't come any further in. Rainy weather like this (we're under an extreme weather warning) is ... hard to deal with.

Anyway just thought I'd drop in to offer hugs and well wishes. Sorry, I'll try and get to giving individual replies later.

*leaves hugs for all*

Damnation. 13-01-2009 05:45 AM

*Hugs Kahlia* Sorry, can't really think of owt to say

Mary Anne 13-01-2009 08:38 AM

Ravyn that is excellent, well done *dances with Ravyn*

Kahlia - hope the water goes away soon *offers wellies*

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, we are just waiting for news on my uncle John, him and his partner have been travelling in a camper and have no phone so all we can do is wait.

*hugs Emma, Helen, Katricia, and everyobe else (sorry too ealry here to think)*

time for work

p.s. Yes Mondays should be made illegal!!!

MammaMia 13-01-2009 12:00 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I am so tired, sore and thirsty :(

ravynsoul 13-01-2009 12:28 PM

*hugs all*

Katrica - sorry to hear about your arm; do you think you maybe need to get it looked at by a doctor?

Emma - *hugs* How are you today?

Helen - *cuddles back* hope you feel better soon!

Kahlia - Sorry to hear about the water, eugh! doesn't sound like fun. Hope it stops soon and you can get some rest.

Mary Anne - *Dances* Thank you! Hope you have a good day at work. :) And guess what, it won't be Monday for another 6 days - yay!

Dayna - sounds good. how are you doing today?

*leaves hugs for everyone else who hasn't checked in during the last little bit* Hope you're all well.

Mary Anne 13-01-2009 01:39 PM

Goodish news - Uncle John is stable, he has had 2 arteries inflated and a third is to be done at a later date, he got through the first 24 hours after the heart attack which I am told is the most critical period.

*hugs everyone and offers tea and biscuits*

zowie 13-01-2009 03:51 PM

Mary Anne, I'm very glad to hear about your uncle. Will be thinking of him and you xx

Helen, I'm on Jobseekers Allowance and am currently looking for work. However, the ammount I'm getting is just enough to cover my rent to my dad, which they wont raise because I'm not paying a landlord. So I don't have any money for myself and can't find a job as I have actually been trying since the summer to find part time work (which is all I can do - If I can't do full time college there's no way I can do full time work).
It's all horrible.
I'm going to phone them in a minute and ask if it'll be easier for me if I move into my own flat because then I'd get housing benefits.

Blaaaaaaaaaah.
x

[edit: *hugs katricia* hope the doctor can help hun xx]

MammaMia 13-01-2009 04:19 PM

Mary Anne, am glad to hear the news fo your Uncle ;)

Katrica, hope it doesn't go too badly at the doctors sweetie.

Zowie, ah I understand now. Well I hope you can get something sorted out for you sooner rather than later, but I imagine moving will be a little bit difficult with the shitty economical problems at the moment. But very best of luck anyway hun :)

realflifefaerie 13-01-2009 06:22 PM

Im thinking I may need to check in here for a bit, at least whilst exams and homesickness is resident within me this much along with other stuffs.

Is that ok?

MammaMia 13-01-2009 06:46 PM

Of course it is Secrets, you're allowed to stay for any length of time!!!

Kahlia1981 13-01-2009 06:53 PM

*waves to Dayna, Mary-Anne, Helen, Ravyn, Katrica, Arwen*

Secrets : Hi. *waves* Welcome to the madhouse ... oops, I mean "the home of the differently sane". Feel free to check in whenever you can and or need to.

*offers hugs to everyone*

I'm hypomanic at the moment la la la la la. As far as I know we are still under the severe weather warning with warnings regarding flash flooding. The weather makes me go up. I'm not quite manic yet ... give me some time lmao.

I had fun today. I popped my R kneecap out and now it keeps popping out with lovely cracking noises and I keep getting weird sensations in my foot. Oh well. Hopefully in a few hours when the shops and stuff open up again I'll be able to go and buy some strapping tape and see if I can make the silly thing stay in the right position.

I'm craving lollies!!!!!!! *thinks about dancing around madly and decides against it because Nicole and her other housemate would really not appreciate that aftermath of that one*

Mary Anne 13-01-2009 07:37 PM

Hey all,

*hugs Kat* hows the arm feeling?

*offers hugs to Secrets* hello, homesickness is really tough, been there and know how you feel, here if you want to chat

*hugs Kahlia* hows the knee? I have a hip that pops out - always fun! The noises joints make can be scary :)

*hugs Zowie* did you phone the benfits people? How did you get on?

*hugs Helen* how are you getting on?

*hugs Ravyn* did the cloud lift yet?

*hugs everyone else who may be around and thinking of those who are not*

wildly insane 13-01-2009 08:20 PM

Hi, please can I admit myself? Need a bit of time out from my head really, but seeing as that is impossible would like a bit of time out from reality instead, I'd just like to curl up for a while and listen to everybody and maybe pipe up every now and then, but right now I need some sleep. Thanks guys, *hugs everyone*.

MammaMia 13-01-2009 08:58 PM

Kat, owch, hope your arm is feeling less painful soon.

Kahlia, *hugs* Sorry its not more

wildly insane, welcome to the psych ward!!

MammaMia 13-01-2009 09:00 PM

Mary Anne, I'm not doing great. Just can't shift these sucide thoughts and they're getting quite strong =/

realflifefaerie 13-01-2009 10:17 PM

Thanks for the hugs, went and helped at the youth thing I helped at earlier which really helped.
I need to revise but I dont see the point as Im going to fail

Mary Anne 13-01-2009 10:45 PM

*big cuddle for Helen* sorry you are struggling just now, can't say much but stay safe

*cuddles kat - avoiding arm* not surprised you can't sleep (had broken limbs the past getting comfy is impossible), have you got antibiotics? take care of yourself

*offers hugs to wildly insane* welcome to the jungle :)

*hugs secrets* when are your exams? try not to panic about revising, do little bits at a time, your brain cannot focus for long periods (I am a part time student doing professional exams for work, know your struggle with exams well). Well doen going and doing something to take your mind off things. My best revision tip - when you are tired and can't sleep read your notes - sends you right off!! Good Luck.

*leaves hugs for all those who check in later*

A hard day in my world, so much has happened in the past 24 hours, my uncle (we have now located him in America, he has had surgery and will survive - as my mum, his sister, put it - this time, he needs to take better care of himself).
Some stupid person left opened a gate in the field where my horse lives and he escaped (he is a total nosey parker) so that gave me a fright but he was recovered safe and sound but rather wound up!
Had my annual appraisal at work, at least that went well, my only downfall this year was my sickness record but my boss knows why he said they just have to note it because it is a fact.
More fights with the he-devil (he wants to stay friends - I am nowhere near ready to comtemplate that).

Whoops, have gone on for ages.

*hugs*

Away to bed.x.

realflifefaerie 13-01-2009 11:15 PM

Thanks Mary Anne, ones saturday then next tuesday, theres just so much to learn and my brains struggling so much.

*hugs Mary Anne and others that come in later*

MammaMia 13-01-2009 11:50 PM

*screams head off*

Please make this **** stop?

realflifefaerie 14-01-2009 12:07 AM

*hugs MammaMia*

wildly insane 14-01-2009 12:31 AM

ooh Mary Anne, another horse lover, yay *hugs*

wants to give MammaMia a big hug, gives MammaMia a big hug, would love to do more but can't think of anything else.

Must go to bed now though otherwise tomorrow will be as bad as today, if only I sleep well....

*hugs everyone* (I like hugs)

Pomegranate 14-01-2009 01:34 AM

I just told my Dad I am on anti depressants. I need some support right now, this could go one way or the other :( :S

Damnation. 14-01-2009 04:49 AM

Flying visit here. Sorry I didn't check in earlier, was working on a picture and sort of got a bit lost in it, lol, but all's going well today. Will read through and reply to everyone properly

*Gives Emma lots of cuddles* Hope it goes alright for you

Pomegranate 14-01-2009 05:18 AM

It didn't go that well. My Dad is happy for me to wait for what the NHS offfers, he doesn't want to part with his cash. He has insurance but it is not worth the effort on his behalf *sits and rocks*. What's the point? This cost me a fortune emotionally, I cant do this anymore.

Jetforce 14-01-2009 06:16 AM

*cuddles emma*

realflifefaerie 14-01-2009 12:30 PM

*cuddle pomegranate*

Secrets is feeling slightly less lonely this morning however it may be because shes going to her aunts this evening so she'll be with people who love her which is reassuring. Though that means food which is scary.

zowie 14-01-2009 12:48 PM

Phoned the benefit people and they can't up the ammount I'm getting
>:( Got a letter from DLA today saying they have recieved my application and are processing it.
Dad's going to phone tax credits and ask if there's any way they can continue to pay him something for me even though I'm not a student.

Need moneeeeeeeeeeeey!

xxx

Mary Anne 14-01-2009 02:01 PM

quick check in to lave hugs for everyone

*Hugs*

x

zowie 14-01-2009 03:49 PM

Just read your posts Emma, thought I'd give you a big *HUG*

*Hugs anyone else who wants it*

I made a thread. Having a really tough day.

xxx

MammaMia 14-01-2009 09:23 PM

*leaves cuddles for all*

What a ****ing **** day mannnn, was awesome to Vicki though, so thats ONE good thing >_<

Mary Anne 14-01-2009 09:40 PM

Hi all,

*hugs Helen* one good thing is better than none :) how you doing?

*hugs Kat* has the swelling gone down at all?

*hugs Zowie* will go and read your thread, hope you are okay

*hugs Secrets* how you getting on with the revision? try not to panic

*hugs Wildy Insane* love my pony (well rather large horse!) my mum looks after him as I am not up to it at the moment so I get to skip the boring parts liking mucking out and just get to go and ride him :)

*hugs Emma* are you okay?

*hugs Jetforce, P.C., and anyone else looking but not writing*

A quiet day for me (I like them like that).
I gave the full story to a bunch of friends yesterday (needed time to myself to sort my head) and they have come back with lots of support, I just iwsh there was someone out there who could give me a hug that would make me feel better :(

Mary Anne 14-01-2009 10:01 PM

Kat, glad it is on the mend.x.

beautiful_mistake 14-01-2009 10:05 PM

comes in, grabs a duvet, hides under it, and silently cries

Mary Anne 14-01-2009 10:29 PM

*offers hugs to beautiful mistake*

wildly insane 14-01-2009 10:36 PM

*would like to hug "beautiful mistake" but she's hiding* what's wrong?

*hugs Mary Anne* I hope you find someone to hug that's not binary sent

*hugs Zowie* I hope you're feeling better and the thread helped

*hugs Secrets* keep on going hun

*hugs Katricia, gently though* hope the doctors goes okay

*goes and sits quietly in a corner cos she's exhausted*

I don't know why though, I really shouldn't be, I haven't done anything worth being tired over, I hate stress, but I have a job interview to prepare for 3 other jobs to apply for and some boring temping work to actually pay the bills at the moment and I just can't seem to pull myself together, when I get back from work I don't want to do anything other than curl up in a ball and do nothing, but I can't let myself do that.

*goes from sitting position to curling up in a ball*

*whispers* if anyone needs a hug, just let me know

Mary Anne 14-01-2009 10:54 PM

Wildy Insane - life is exhausting! I sooo know how you feel, the last 3 days I have got home from work and collapsed on the couch (I normally try to go to the gym to get social interaction as much as anything else). When you are struggling with yourself you end up physically exhausted even if you have done nothing.

Good luck with the job interview (I don;t think anybody likes them).

*hugs*

*leaves hugs for everyone*

*off to bed*

x

MammaMia 14-01-2009 11:19 PM

I faill at uni.
I fail at life.
I fail at it all.
:(
Gosh, I cant control these suicde thoughts very well

Damnation. 14-01-2009 11:21 PM

*Sneaks in and gives everyone biiiig hugs*

Kat: Glad to hear that the swelling's getting better

Helen D: Hang in there, you can do it! Things will get better >_o *hugs tightly*

'Ere, just thought of something O_O; is it just me, or has Kahlia not checked in properly, as of late?

MammaMia 14-01-2009 11:25 PM

*cuddles Dayna*

She has checked in, she did yesterday I think...it's back a couple of pages?

Damnation. 14-01-2009 11:33 PM

Helen: She has? Oh good. I'll have to have a looksie in a bit then

Kat: >___< *Hugs tightly* I dunno what to say. Wants to support you and my mind's just died D: *hugs again*

MammaMia 14-01-2009 11:34 PM

Dayna, yeah hun, somwhere :)

KDoll 14-01-2009 11:46 PM

Was having such a good day...I gave myself a break from my calorie restriction and had a meal with my friend. Then the anxiety set in...then just when I was feeling shitty already, some guy points at me, and says to his friends "Look at the ****ing face on that!". So now I've come home and used a scalpel that I promised myself I wouldn't use. My arm's all bandaged and I feel like ****. I just wish I'd had enough balls to use the scalpel on this "****ing face" of mine.

Tomorrows plan...no food for Hans. Try and think of a decent excuse for the bandage for my flatmates and boyfriend.

I just wish I could curl up and disappear.

KDoll 14-01-2009 11:54 PM

And now I've found out my landlord has put our house back on the market, despite telling us we could stay here regardless of the fact we'll be one person short. AAAARGH!!!!

Jetforce 15-01-2009 02:13 AM

*sighs*

wildly insane 15-01-2009 03:12 AM

oh Kat don't let the drinks get the better of you, alcohol is evil, says she who has let the alcohol get the better of her, please on't give in.

Kdoll, *hugs*

I've given in, sorry

wildly insane 15-01-2009 03:30 AM

It's dangerous, don't do it, please kat don't let the alcohol win, I lost

wildly insane 15-01-2009 03:43 AM

can I please curl up in a corner and pretend I don't exist? I'm cold and scared

ravynsoul 15-01-2009 04:22 AM

*wanders in and hugs everyone and welcomes new members :)*

hi all; sorry haven't really checked in recently... been feeling "off" and been quite busy; hope to reply properly to people tomorrow.

*leaves hugs for those who wander by and want some*

Damnation. 15-01-2009 04:46 AM

*Hugs all tightly and passes out in a corner*

Snuffles 15-01-2009 05:40 AM

Omg, someone help.. I just dozed off and had a nightmare

Omgomgomg. So scared.There was this music... from a band, dunno why, but Evanesance comes to mind.. one of the band members had died. And you know how you get some music that really touches you? Well that's not even how to explain it. It... moves you... you... feel something...? Well this was the type of music, but because one of the members had died it didn't have the same feel to it. And it had become distorted. I was asleep (in the dream) listening to it and suddenly it was like I was being possessed by the music.. I guess.. something like that. All I could hear was the distorted music blaring. I couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't do anything. I tried to scream, first for mum but then remembered she's dead, then for dad, then realised I don't live with him anymore.. then I tried to scream out for my boyfriend and.. that's when I woke up.

I guess typing it down doesn't make it that scary... but **** it was.. I'm still freaked out by it. Not sure how I'll go sleeping tonight now :\

Hugs to all.