RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 04-12-2009 03:08 PM

*hugs Vanessa* Hey come on in. We're here if you want to talk about what's going on.
*hugs Laura* No you aren't horrible hon. We all grieve in our own way and in out own time. Funerals are usually times of closure but we are still all individual. Just be kind to yourself and give yourself time. (hard to do while studying I know)
*hugs Sarah* How are you going?
*hugs everyone*

I had a pretty bad session with my psychologist today. He went into the stuff I never talk about and then he said he wanted to involve my mum and housemate - like ring them up and invite them to sessions and stuff. I told him no but he wants me to give him reasons and I don't think "because I said no" or "I just don't want them involved" would work. I'm at the point where I'm ready to walk away from seeing him altogether...

*sighs then walks over to an empty corner and cuddles up to a teddy bear*

...Vanessa... 04-12-2009 03:31 PM

Just feeling really down. I recently hit the four year free mark for cutting. But instead of celebrating I just want to cry. For the last two months cutting is all I think about. Nothing has really changed, nothing to make me think like this. It is so unbelieveably discouraging. I'm trying so hard to get past this...I'm trying to believe that if I can just make it a little longer the thoughts will go away. Part of me just wants to do it and say it was a slip up, but I know it woulldn't just be a slip up. If I start again it will continue. I just want to have a good cry, but the tears wont come.

...Vanessa... 04-12-2009 03:35 PM

*hugs Kahlia*

I'm sorry about your session. I had a counselor that would bring my dad in for the last 15 minutes of our session and basically tell him everything I had said. I hated it, made me not want to talk. If you stopped seeing him would you see someone else? How long have you been seeing him?

Kahlia1981 04-12-2009 04:39 PM

*hugs Vanessa back* I've only been seeing him for just over a month now and if I stopped seeing him I'd have to go through the whole rigmarole of finding someone acceptable (from my GP's point of view) and getting a referral. *sigh* I don't know anymore ... I really don't.

*hugs everyone then curls up in her corner*

one_step_closer 04-12-2009 05:42 PM

*calls for a nurse* I wish I was still in hospital.

Imaginary_friend 04-12-2009 08:33 PM

hi guys....
*curls up under a duvet and cries*

signingchild 04-12-2009 09:39 PM

((hugs everybody)) i'm so sorry people are feeling bad today ((passes around the tissues)) i'm really sorry about ur therapist Kahlia, he shouldn't try and force you to do anything you rn't ready for.
Vanessa that is amazing what u've done. i really admire that.
how long were u in the hospital, imaginary?

((continuing sitting in the corner trying to figure out what i can do))

Imaginary_friend 04-12-2009 09:50 PM

thanks signingchild :) i've never actually been, just sometimes feel like it would be the best place for me for a while.

signingchild 04-12-2009 11:34 PM

there is no shame in going to the hospital. i don't know if ur doctor is supposed to recommend it or whatever. but maybe you think about. i have a friend who got a lot of help at one

Imaginary_friend 05-12-2009 12:19 AM

i havent been to the docs in aaaages. i'm not on any meds or anything atm although i have been before. i just sometimes get in a frame of mind where i think i ought to be sectioned or something...it's scary. :(
*cuddles my squishy elephant and climbs back under the duvet*

signingchild 05-12-2009 12:36 AM

u don't need to hide. i've been to lots of doctors and hated most of themi think i'm supposed to be taking meds, but i have ADD and i'm weird. so the add makes drugs pretty much work the opposite way so i would need to take uppers 4 the add and downers for deppression and then i just get all outta wack. so i don't mess w it.

Imaginary_friend 05-12-2009 12:41 AM

:( that sounds pretty rubbish ((hugs)) i don't wanna go back on meds but if i keep feeling like this then i'll need to. i'm hoping it's just stress with a load of stuff thats going on at the moment and that it'll calm down once i get it all sorted. but **** knows when that'll be.....:(

Kahlia1981 05-12-2009 01:10 PM

*hugs everyone*

signingchild 07-12-2009 06:56 AM

((hugs everyone and Kahlia)) how's it going?

Kahlia1981 07-12-2009 09:40 AM

*hugs Sarah*
*hugs everyone*

I'm not doing too brilliantly at the moment... am going thorugh a really bad patch. I can feel all the certainty draining out of the world. My spiral is definitely going downwards . . .

Imaginary_friend 07-12-2009 10:28 AM

*hugs everyone*
I know how you feel Kahlia.....exactly how you feel....

Scarletdreamer 09-12-2009 12:13 AM

*peeks in*

*hides in the corner with a fleece blanket and her kitten*

Today's been a bad day, mind if I hide out here for awhile?

Btw, name's April. Haven't been around in awhile. :-)

Kahlia1981 09-12-2009 06:21 AM

*hugs all*

I'm slipping into a dangerous situation. My housemate was evicted from our share house because of having a psychotic episode. It's only a matter of time before I slip into a psychotic episode of my own and I'm terrified that I'm going to be evicted when it happens. That really doesn't help my current mood. I'm so depressed now that I don't know what to do.

*sighs and finds a dark corner to curl up in and cry*

Scarletdreamer 09-12-2009 02:49 PM

Aww *hugs* I'm so sorry about that situation. Are you on meds that help with the psychoses? (I know that they don't always help, in fact was on Seroquel and it MADE me psychotic, but they can help) Sorry, you might've posted that elsewhere and I just didn't see it. Wish I could help more but I'm in a rubbishy position myself. :-(

And btw, I love your sig. Within Temptation rocks my world. :-D

Kahlia1981 10-12-2009 03:12 AM

*hugs April back* Yeah I'm on Seroqul XR and it helps, but my dosage isn't right yet. I've had a similar experience when the hospital pdocs put me on Haloperidol and I spent two weeks in psychotic hell. Oh, and I love Within Temptation and it's nice to meet someone else who knows about them - and openly admits the fact lol.

*hugs everyone*

I actually starting crying just before. Right now I just want to disappear. I don't want anyone to know just how much I am hurting. I want everyone IRL to forget that I ever existed. *sigh*