RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wedding planning stressness! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31855)

Casper_Fading 20-01-2008 12:08 PM

Wedding planning stressness!

So i'm planning wedding stuff (wedding is in 10 months and 15 days... not that i'm counting...) and it's crazy! So much stuff to do! Got the big things done... Dress ordered, reception booked, and ceremony booked too. But there's so much other stuff to do! Flowers, cake, cars (limo baby!) and all this other stuff... it's crazy! Any hints on how to stay sane?!?!?!?!

Popple 20-01-2008 12:17 PM

Just thought I would say congratualtions

*sprinkles with fairy dust*
Its supposed to be all stressful so that when it comes to the day its such a relief and you enjoy it much more
well thats my theory anyway =]

Not tips
But it will all be fine I am sure!!
=]

Take care
much love
katy
xx

akita 20-01-2008 12:20 PM

Organising a wedding can create some very stressful situations. As with all aspects of life, sometimes things may not run as perfectly as we'd like, but it is important not to lose sight of the big picture. Remember that the most important thing on your wedding day is that you are marrying the person you love. And after all, isn't that the whole point?

Every couple experiences wedding stress and these suggestions will help you deal with it more effectively.

Take a long bath by candlelight and soak stress away. Add 1-2 drops of essential oil for some well deserved aromatherapy.

Sit down and read or watch a movie. Take a break from wedding plans if you are feeling stressed out. A break will help you clear your mind and return to the task more focussed.

Turn on your radio and dance. Yes, your neighbours may think you're strange. Ignore them; it's a great stress reliever.

If you feel like yelling, yell at a pillow. Swear, yell and get your frustrations out. As an added bonus, nobody's feelings get hurt.

Do something romantic for your fiancé or something nice for someone else. This lifts your mood and makes you feel good about yourself.

Play games on the computer or search for humorous webpages.

Take a vacation or road-trip with your fiancé. Spend time together and remember the reason you're getting married. This also helps your relationship grow stronger.

Exercise, and it will help to relieve stress. The medical reason for this is that exercising releases endorphins. Another endorphin-releasing activity is sex.

Get outside and enjoy the outdoors. Whether you build a snowman, garden or have a barbeque, this will energize you.

Sleep. It sounds simple, but few of us get enough sleep. As a result, we end up feeling tired and listless. Sleep can help with your mood, energy and focus.

Don't get too upset over small things, your guests probably won't even notice!

Get all your suppliers' service agreements in writing, in the form of a standard contract. Spell out exactly what you want and don't want when you make the bookings. Don't wait until the wedding day to make major changes.

Learning to delegate is vital, especially the day of the wedding. Put someone else in charge of paying the vendors, moving the guest book from the ceremony to the reception site, double checking with the caterers, or any other small task. Read through your list and assign everything!

The week before the wedding call all your vendors and check the date, time and location with them to verify the correct details. Give a list of their phone number to someone in case they don't show up on the day.

Pack and bring along a bride's emergency kit which includes, extra panty hose, clear nail polish for runs, Kleenex, aspirin, spot remover, static cling spray, hemming tape, band-aids, a sewing kit with safety pins. For the groom's kit include: mouthwash, breath mints, razor, cologne and comb.

Fasten fake rings to the ring pillow, so they won't fall off. Have an adult carry the real ones. Also, don't give the pillow to the youngster until about two minutes before they start down the aisle.

Even if you are nervous and don't feel like it, eat something before the wedding. Have someone pick up a sandwich or veggie tray to share with the bridesmaids. You don't want to faint before all your friends and family!

Theres more in google if you want to search that yourself.

random.swirls 20-01-2008 12:24 PM

Get as much done in advance!

Ask for help or ideas on here we are full of information.

Delegate you shouldnt have to do it all on your own

Enjoy this period

charcoal feathers 20-01-2008 02:46 PM

yet another reason not to get married.

squirrelspit 20-01-2008 02:56 PM

write a proper list of absolutely everything... and then re write in in order of importance.
then you can tick it off as it gets done and you'll know exactly whats left.

oedipus 20-01-2008 02:57 PM

Uhh do like a timetable of when you have to do anything :P
Like people do with revision & stuff, you could write it all down then allocate a day or a week or whatever to do it
:)
yeahh pointless post, congratulations though!

Mrs Sam 20-01-2008 03:05 PM

ummm my advice is to enjoy every minute of it! yes i may seem insane but i made all the organising fun and that way it wasnt stressful, take friends to see venues etc and go for lunch afterwards, plan well in advance too then you wont worry about anything going wrong.

i had mine timed to the minute and it went brilliantly. if you need anymore advice PM me or poke me on facebook!

Tears and Rain 20-01-2008 04:17 PM

Eeeeeeeee you're getting married :D
Weddings make me excited.

I don't have much advice...as i've never been married...but lyk... Congrats (Y)

monket 21-01-2008 08:09 AM

I work at a wedding chapel on weekends, so I know how you feel. There's TONS of stuff to do before a wedding, and it seems like there's never enough time to do it!

But try not to stress too much. It's never as bad as it looks! Brides work themselves sick trying to make everything perfect, but it always turns out beautifully in the end. Relax, and maybe pass on some of the work to your wedding planner or whomever is helping you get the ceremony together and take a few days off for yourself.

Casper_Fading 21-01-2008 12:41 PM

Thanks everyone! Your tips were great andrea.

I've got appointments now for the cake and cars. Seeing the lady about the flowers on wednesday and then i think that's it for a few months! YAY!

Thanks again!!!! And even though i'm stressing... i'm still sooooooo excited!

Mandimoo 21-01-2008 04:25 PM

we did our wedding in under 2 months! remember shoes and veil/tiara - they were the things i forgot about until like the week before lol!
mand x

Dirt_in_the_ground 21-01-2008 04:40 PM

wow that's so much stuff to do.
I could never handle a wedding...like organising it!
lol

invisiblegirl 21-01-2008 06:43 PM

may i ask where you got your dress from?
sounds rather odd but my friend is stressing out cause she can't find a wedding dress she likes, and shes getting married in 6months.
and congratualtions!!! xx

Casper_Fading 22-01-2008 12:14 PM

I went to the bridal boutique in town here and ordered it... it takes 4-5 months for them to come...

go to www.shopofbrides.com if you're looking as well,i was going to get one from their!

x-dying-inside-x 22-01-2008 08:06 PM

omg they do great dresses.
try not to stress about it and enjoy every minute.

shootingstar777 23-01-2008 02:26 AM

my wedding is in 6 months and i have almost everything planned, but i understand the stressed feeling
:)

Casper_Fading 23-01-2008 07:12 AM

mine is in... 10 months and 12 days... not that i'm counting *whistles*

I think everything is done now... just waiting for quotes about flowers, dj, cars and cake... then in about 6 months i'll sort out bridesmaid dresses and then ka boom! all fiiiiiiiiiiiinished! It's all very excitement!

old_school 24-01-2008 12:19 PM

i'm getting married in 4 months to this very day, and beleive me i know how stressful it can be trying to get everything arranged. i get confused easily and my thoughts start racing, what made a big difference was making a list of things to do and made myself do atleast one each week. for example, we booked the ceremony at the registra offices once weekend and then the ceremony locations the next week, then the reception the week after.

after each month make a new list of stuff you still need to arrange and it all becomes alot easier to manage,

and here's a BIG TIP!, plan the invites as earley as you can, they have been our biggest night mare.

88shelz 24-01-2008 12:28 PM

(totally irrelavant)

i am really so very jealous of you right now!
i wanna get married to my fiancee so so bad!
we havnt enough money tho! :(

so i really do mean it when i *squeal*
congrats. im so happy for you!
the stress is all gonna be worth it xxx