RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eating Issues Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Stick Figure (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104669)

*bloom* 10-07-2009 07:54 PM

Stick Figure

I realized something today.
Stick figures AREN'T REAL.
But I want to be one so bad. I want to be the first human stick figure.
That isn't right.

release-me 10-07-2009 07:57 PM

Sorry you feel so bad, sorry I can't help much but I'm thinking of you. xx

amethyst 10-07-2009 08:01 PM

No your right, they aren't real, they aren't healthy & they aren't even human.

Are you getting any support for your eating disorder at the moment?

Cryptic. 10-07-2009 08:09 PM

Stick figures don't exist and trying to get there will kill you/damage you severely.

I hope you can find some help with this unhealthy obsession and reach out for help with it.

*bloom* 10-07-2009 08:23 PM

I'm gettin support from my friend, and I have yet to tell my therapist about this.

-sigh- I wish this wasn't me. Wasn't my life.

amethyst 10-07-2009 08:26 PM

I suggest you tell her soon, if you find it difficult write it down. Once your therapist knows, the easier it will be to make changes :-)

abigalelynette 10-07-2009 08:30 PM

it doesnt have to be your life sweetheart.

remember that.

Cryptic. 10-07-2009 08:34 PM

Very true, it doesn't have to be. You can fight back. If you can let your therapist know sooner, please do. I'm glad you have support otherwise.

*bloom* 10-07-2009 08:35 PM

I'm going to, next time I see her. But I don't know when that will be.

I'm always going to have this obsession following me. I can't wait until it is going to be in the back of my head, not what I'm constantly thinking about.

Cryptic. 10-07-2009 08:42 PM

It's good that you want that to happen though. Use that to fight back.

Could you phone her/him and ask?

*bloom* 10-07-2009 08:53 PM

My mom had to cancel my appointment, I think I had to go to the dentist. I'll ask my mom to make a new one. My therapist gave me a journal, and I'm going to hand it to her with all my entries in it. It will be my way of telling her.

I'm trying so hard to use that as strength. I'm trying so hard to tell myself that I don't need this. But Anorexia is too strong right now. I'm going to wait until it's a good day, then fight back.

Cryptic. 10-07-2009 08:59 PM

Thing is, it's best to fight back on the bad days as if you happen to slip up, you'll be stronger for it.

But I can't force you too. I hope you get the help you need.

*bloom* 10-07-2009 09:03 PM

The bad days drain my energy. I can't do anything but lay around and let my mind beat me up. On my good days, I'll have energy to fight back.

Thank you.

Psiren 11-07-2009 11:17 AM

And the more you fight on the good days the stronger you'll become and the more good days you will have :)
Keep fighting sweetheart, there is a way out of this.

lasting 13-07-2009 04:37 PM

Babe, you don't have to be like this. It's okay if you eat. Just give yourself permission to.

The only one who can stop this thing is you.

Stick figures are just imaginary. Just like perfection. This disease is the type that can only be cured if you don't give it what it wants.

xxx